• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
To console my broken spirit after last years Grand Final I told myself that we were still in the hunt, that we were still a good side, Lever was going but Doedee was the answer, Cameron was going but we were going to land the Fog and Bryce Rolls Royce Gibbs was coming too.
We were 2 and 1/2 quarters short of a premiership performance. All the training, the prep work, the list the chemistry the razzle-dazzle remained.
Patiently I bided my time over the offseason, devouring news at it arose. Lever and Cameron went, Gibbs and Fogarty came, then came the waiting. In what seemed like an endless summer of closed training sessions and the most pointless bigfooty Presaeson thread in memory I was ripe for JLT.
AFLX came first, as exciting as it was to see some action again, it didn't mean a whole lot. Seeing KC and his sunshine band holding up a multicoloured X after having some Superdoopers was like finding a target catalogue when the internet is out.
Then it started, Tex in a moonboot, Brad not there till NABCup 2.
Then the Brad out for a few weeks, then 6, 3 weeks later still 6. WTF was going on?
As the injuries and losses mounted, the light began to fade. Laird one of the last champions standing now sidelined too.
But they say that the darkest hour is just before Dawn.

Yesterday trawling through my bedside table I found them, my rose coloured glassed had been pushed back up against my Rd 10 copy of the AFL record and my 97 Premiership Cup pin.

New heroes have presented this season, Doedee and Seed the headline the act, there is some resistance to our fall.
Now with our season on the line the Texan returns. A win here, some troops back there a reload of 2018 and it's game on.
It ain't gonna be easy, but believe and it will be all the more sweeter.

Who's with me!

giphy.gif

So my plan is, Tex back nowish (maybe a late out) Laird nest week, Sloane after the Bye. We chalk up 2 more wins heading into the bye. Then we unleash, McGovern back, Smithers back, we start to hum and find some mojo and suddenly the hunted become the hunters, belief and confidence spread and we streak through the finals like bats outa hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to believe! :)
we all want to believe but for some reason we have seriously pissed off the footy gods

Has any team in the last 20 years had the amount of Bad Luck we've had? Honestly??

The most Roll Royce's midfield's but a forward line of Perrie and McGregor

Pavlich wants to come home but were so blinded by the fact Wanye Carey is intrested in us

A sniper taking out Edwards clearly BOG at that point in the game in a PreLim

Robert Harvey is possessed by some Alien spirt and singley handley destroys us at home in a Qualifying final.

West Coast's *alleged* ice fulled come back in a prelim on our home deck.

Buddy kicking a goal with 3 seconds left from 50m out on the boundary after alredy kicking 6 goals on Kris freaking Massie

Jack Anthony getting 'the right in front of me' free and slotting the goal with 20 seconds left

The most biased umpiring in a prelim final so much so the AFL apoplogised.

Tippettgate, then get penalised more than Essendon did for dopping

Assisant coach banned for stuff that happened at Melbourne, Melbourne get no penalty we lose a coach for the year

That Assistant Coach tragically dies of cancer

Our Coach is Murdered by his own son halfway through the season

Dangerfield Leaves for Geelong we get jack s**t and he gets a Brownlow

We finally make it back to the big dance only to face victorian Fairytale Richmond and dont even bother to Show up on the day

more star players in Lever and Cameron leave

7 of out top 10 players are injured and we can barely fill a side.

We are up against it, no side has come close to the bullshit Adelaide fans have had to deal with.

we all want to believe but for some reason we have seriously pissed off the footy gods

Has any team in the last 20 years had the amount of Bad Luck we've had? Honestly??

Pavlich wants to come home but were so blinded by the fact Wanye Carey is intrested in us

Robert Harvey is possessed by some Alien spirt and singley handley destroys us at home in a Qualifying final.

Buddy kicking a goal with 3 seconds left from 50m out on the boundary after alredy kicking 6 goals on Kris freaking Massie

Jack Anthony getting 'the right in front of me' free and slotting the goal with 20 seconds left

Assisant coach banned for stuff that happened at Melbourne, Melbourne get no penalty we lose a coach for the year

We finally make it back to the big dance only to face victorian Fairytale Richmond and dont even bother to Show up on the day

We are up against it, no side has come close to the bullshit Adelaide fans have had to deal with.

Jesus

Now I’m really depressed

Good post Donkey. Whilst I disagree that this season is salvageable, we do need a fightback thread to counteract all the Pessimistic Pauls like me. I and many people here are just extremely hurt and disappointed at the moment. Losing a GF seems like hope on the horizon, but playing like s**t the year after fills you with dread that the chance is slipping away.

I so desperately WANT to believe we can beat the odds. Tex puts the boys on his back and leads us to victory on the road in Perth. We beats the Hawks at the home of footy. We come out of the bye with plenty of players returning. Come home with a wet sail, beat the Eagles and Dees at home, finish eighth, beat Port in an elimination showdown, beat North at the G, beat the Eagles in Perth and face Richmond again in a grand final. No one gives us a chance but we pull a tremendous close win out of our arses.

Doesn't sound very likely. If it happened I could die happy though!

Holy cow

Good job but fmd...

Holy baby jesus when you write it all down and it is all brought back to me - it is so depressing. The only compensation I get is that the AFC curse continues even when you leave the latest being Lever and Cameron.

TBH this was my view last night. A new dawn, a new day. (If it helps while you are in your winter, I wake up to glorious weather everyday)

Too right, that's why we gotta believe.
Before I started on Bigfooty, I was a "we are always in this till we aren't kinda guy." Reality kicked in, I had taken the red pill.
But sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. There are a heap of groups that want to tear us and our club down. This is a place not just for those who believe, but those who want to believe.
I'm with you Donkey. Maybe not all the way to the GF :) but yes, let's hope for a positive second half to this shitshow of a season and good signs for 2019.
If we can't do that we might as well shut up shop , as supporters.
Saddle up we're shooting for the moon.

Holy baby jesus when you write it all down and it is all brought back to me - it is so depressing. The only compensation I get is that the AFC curse continues even when you leave the latest being Lever and Cameron.
Yep and at the end of all that, we are still a pretty bloody good club.

Great synopsis. Still glad I don’t follow Freo

Back