2018 United Arab Emirates vs Australia - Only T20I

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it me or are these games a complete waste of time?

I’d love for 20/20 games be left out of international cricket games except for a World Cup every 4 years.

Leave them for the domestic competitions which has been massively popular then replace the farcical champions trophy (whatever the F that means) with the World Cup.

So you’d have the 50 over tournament the 2 years later the 20 over tournament.

I’d love for 20/20 games be left out of international cricket games except for a World Cup every 4 years.

Leave them for the domestic competitions which has been massively popular then replace the farcical champions trophy (whatever the F that means) with the World Cup.

It certainly isn't a waste of time for the UAE. The only way they improve is by playing against stronger nations even if its only t20.

It's you.

The team to represent the UAE is;

Rohan Mustafa (C)
Ashfaq Ahmed
Chirag Suri
Rameez Shahzad
Fahad Nawaz
Amjed Gul
Shaiman Anwar
Ahmed Raza
Imran Haider
Muhammad Naveed
Amir Hayat
Ghulam Shabir (WK)
Qadeer Ahmed
Tahir Latif
Zahoor Khan

http://emiratescricket.com/whatsnew/Match to be played at Abu Dhabi Zayed Cricket Stadium's Oval 1 starting at 14:00 with free entry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just seems like a practice match that happened to be given official status somehow. Weird.

It's got official status because they are both international t20 teams if Australia was playing a domestic UAE team then it would be classed as a practice match

That sort of thinking doesn’t make sense. If T20 is such a popular game, which it is, wouldn’t the ICC want to be gradually building the frequency of those games internationally and decreasing the regularity of the less popular OD games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back