2018 VFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw North's score today, thought it must have been a while since a team went goaless.

Which other team failed to to kick a goal this year?

Saw North's score today, thought it must have been a while since a team went goaless.

Which other team failed to to kick a goal this year?
Sandy against Willy around a month back I think

Most heartbreaking day at the footy in a long long time eth-dog
Seriously. There needs to be common sense in these decisions. First of all he should have called time off if the player was so close to the ball, that way it wouldn't have mattered, and surely it's a case of "Oh, she's attending to a player, wasn't influencing anything". Glad I missed it, my behavior would have been disgusting at best.

Seriously. There needs to be common sense in these decisions. First of all he should have called time off if the player was so close to the ball, that way it wouldn't have mattered, and surely it's a case of "Oh, she's attending to a player, wasn't influencing anything". Glad I missed it, my behavior would have been disgusting at best.

You wouldn't have been alone there mate. Few of us going justifiably feral.

Sandy against Willy around a month back I think

Amazing to think before Sandy it was over 100 years since a senior team failed to score a goal in the VFA / VFL and its happened again only a few weeks later.

Is the proliferation of AFL Reserves teams diluting the quality or is it the extremely cold and wet weather this year? Having seen a bit of both games maybe the latter although ground condtions are much better now than the "good old days". At least not as much mud.

Amazing to think before Sandy it was over 100 years since a senior team failed to score a goal in the VFA / VFL and its happened again only a few weeks later.

Is the proliferation of AFL Reserves teams diluting the quality or is it the extremely cold and wet weather this year? Having seen a bit of both games maybe the latter although ground condtions are much better now than the "good old days". At least not as much mud.
The top end talent is still there but the depth has waned.

Most heartbreaking day at the footy in a long long time eth-dog

What a horrible way to miss what would have been a morale boosting win. Love the stand alone teams and always will barrack for them even Port lol. Disagree with many of todays rules and thats a difficult one. If it wasnt paid Sandy would quite rightfully point to the rule book, the umpire would have made an "error" according to the umpire's observer at the ground assessing him. The umpire should be proactive in that instance, whether to blow time on or strongly communicate with the trainer at the time.

Player safety is paramount so the umpire should have been aware of the situation and worked hard to avoid what eventuated.

Go the stand alones.

So it all boils down to the last round.

1. Casey 56
2. Richmond 52
3. Geelong 52
4. Williamstown 48
5. Collingwood 44
6. Box Hill 44
7. Port Melbourne 36
8. Essendon 32
---------------------------
9. Footscray 32
10. North Melbourne 32
11. Werribee 24
12. Northern Blues 24
13. Sandringham 22
14. Frankston 8
15. Coburg 6

Round (and tips in bold)
Collingwood v Sandringham
Footscray v Port Melbourne
Essendon v Northern Blues
Werribee v North Melbourne
Box Hill
v Geelong
Frankston v Richmond
Casey
v Willamstown
Coburg has the bye

Should the above happen:

1. Casey 60
2. Richmond 56
3. Geelong 52
4. Collingwood 48
5. Box Hill 48
6. Williamstown 48
7. Essendon 36
8. Port Melbourne 36
-------------------------
9. Footscray 36
10. North Melbourne 36
11. Werribee 24
12. Northern Blues 24
13. Sandringham 22
14. Frankston 8
15. Coburg 6

First week:
Saturday:
Casey Demons v Collingwood (Casey Fields)
Richmond v Geelong (North Port Oval)

Sunday:
Box Hill v Port Melbourne (Box Hill City Oval)
Williamstown v Essendon (North Port Oval)

Unless the Bulldogs beat Port by around 60. Highly unlikely but the Dogs might drop a couple of their VFL qualifiers back from the AFL team this week if they can get a few senior players back from injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We knocked them off three weeks ago at the same venue & accounted for them easily at home earlier in the year. Both times Richmond were on top. Fingers crossed we can do it again. Nick Meese will be pivotal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back