Review 2018 VFLW Grand Final: Hawthorn def the Cats, 23 September 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong have now lost to Hawthorn across all three levels this year.

AFL: 2-0
VFL: 2-0
VFLW: 2-0
Total: 6-0

Ba-iNskXNy9pI1nyePbILuy962LO6yrWrkA_rlbQL1GfczdtuKNj_uQ5ale7JUqY_81Fz5_yyUFwl_hhA-ENZjAnKTYlGg2ClaniDpY=w476-h309-nc

Last edited:
Geelong have now lost to Hawthorn across all three levels this year.

AFL: 2-0
VFL: 2-0
VFLW: 1-0
Total: 5-0

Ba-iNskXNy9pI1nyePbILuy962LO6yrWrkA_rlbQL1GfczdtuKNj_uQ5ale7JUqY_81Fz5_yyUFwl_hhA-ENZjAnKTYlGg2ClaniDpY=w476-h309-nc

um... we lost to them in 1963

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m talking about this year.
Ah! I thought you were talking about grand finals because we had already beaten geelong this season in vflw..

My 4 year old girl wanted to come see the girls play because... girls... football.... and she is 4.

She loves to sing our song... and we did.

Great days

We wanted a full lap from our girls so that we could get a high 5. Not this time. Hawker helped us out for a high 5.
Well done girls.

Last edited:
I loved the way the women won this game: the Hawthorn way is to fight for every contest, and never give up.
I think our women have had that drilled into them.

The standard was pretty good, moving the ball to runners out wide, finding players in the clear. They even did some "tempo footy", passing the ball across the backline in the closing minutes!

Well done, Hawks!

You can relieve the build up to the game with the below replay.

Includes 90 minute pre-game analysis (including interviews with the coaches), the full match call and after presentations interviews with Sarah Perkins, Pepa Randall and Meg Hutchins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back