2018 Womens Sport Crowds & Ratings thread

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Yahoo 7 TV guide the GF (which is exculsive to seven) will only be on 7mate in QLD, rather than the main channel as it was last year. Pretty pisspoor if this eventuates

So how many television sets these days receive 7 but not 7 Mate? That extra button press on the remote must be so exhausting. Will definitely stop hundreds (HUNDREDS!) of thousands of people watching.

Yeah I think this whenever its brought up about being moved to 7mate or Gem etc. Don't all tvs have these channels?

Yeah I think this whenever its brought up about being moved to 7mate or Gem etc. Don't all tvs have these channels?
Statistically, it does make a difference. Seems odd that it does, but it does.

I think, to the hard core fan who sits down to watch the footy, it doesn't make a difference. To the casual, who likes it but doesn't plan around it, it might. They are more likely to come across it, and therefore watch it, on a main channel.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Statistically, it does make a difference. Seems odd that it does, but it does.

I think, to the hard core fan who sits down to watch the footy, it doesn't make a difference. To the casual, who likes it but doesn't plan around it, it might. They are more likely to come across it, and therefore watch it, on a main channel.

That's true, but not sure its the big issue some make it out to be

That's true, but not sure its the big issue some make it out to be
No, me either. However, its impact is probably bigger for AFLW than an AFL game on 7 mate. An extra 15k watching a men's game makes a small impact. However, I suspect there is more casual interest in AFLW than hard core support, I can see the difference being 10-20k easily for AFLW, and if you're only getting 50k, that's a big impact.

So how many television sets these days receive 7 but not 7 Mate? That extra button press on the remote must be so exhausting. Will definitely stop hundreds (HUNDREDS!) of thousands of people watching.

Historically theres a drop from primary to secondary channels for the AFL - whether its 7 - 7 mate or Foxfooty to Foxsports 3. This is also true of matches shown on 9/GEM for the NRL, and less true for soccer where it doesnt seem to matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back