Fantasy 2019 - 11th Hour League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that Cutthroat has completed (well... pretty much completed) I think its time we start the slow task of the 11th hour league.

bgt2110, you right to reactive the league so we can set keepers?

Now that Cutthroat has completed (well... pretty much completed) I think its time we start the slow task of the 11th hour league.

bgt2110, you right to reactive the league so we can set keepers?
Done, thanks for the reminder.

5 Keepers to be set

I was hoping this league was to be resurrected but didn't see a thread for it until now. Better get on to my keepers. Will try to sort them out today.

The results from last year (that I can see)
1. Gas Mask Bong Hitters - Dixie Flatline
2. Gridiron Warriors - Gridiron Warrior
3. Team Greenbacks - toadvine
4. All in the Game - quin_stick
5. Sneaky Shermys - Shermy
6. Hold the Door Hodor - Hodor
7. Mike Vick in a Box - Jatz
8. Hall of Famers - bgt2110
9. Nighttime Ninjas - cats_09
10. Highly Questionable - dlanod
11. Norse Beserkers - ochre
12. Puck Fagano - J Shuttlesworth

Might need some mod help to figure out what has happened to Gridiron Warrior
We don't have any real tools beyond the usual PM/last activity stuff.

Alrighty then.

No response from Jatz or hodor and we need a replacement for Ochre's team.

Time to start looking for replacements.

Jatzs team:
Aaron Rodgers
Tevin Coleman
Aaron Jones
Allen Robinson
Devin Funchess
Dallas Goedert
Tyler Boyd
Mike WIlliams
Falcons Def/ST
Brett Maher
LeSean McCoy
Giovani Bernard
Anthony Miller
Mike Gesicki
Jake Elliot
Buccaneers Def/ST
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Justin Jackson
Jimmy Garoppolo

Hodors team:
Matt Stafford
Ezekiel Elliott
Saquon Barkley
Keenan Allen
Mike Evans
Vance McDonald
DeAndre Hopkins
Matt Breida
Chargers Def/ST
Stephen Gostkowski
Sterling Sherpard
Jesse James
Patriots Def/ST
T.J Yeldon
Case Keenum
Dede Westbrook
Alfred Morris
Josh Lambo

Ochres Team:
Russell Wilson
Kareen Hunt
Isaiah Crowell
Antonio Brown
Davante Adams
Rob Gronkowski
Amari Cooper
Chris Hogan
Broncos Def/ST
Graham Gano
Devonta Freeman
Andy Dalton
Chris Thompson
Will Fuller V
David Njoku
Jets Def/ST
Duke Johnson Jr
Brandon McManus

NOTE: Anyone taking over these teams, this is a 5 keeper league, with the rest going into the draft pool. Scoring similar to CT from memory.

Given our timeframe, I don't know if we'll get time to do an offline draft, but I'm happy to try.

I’d love to take a team. Have been looking for a league that stands a chance of lasting more than the single year

majortinkle is currently checking with a friend to see if they want to fill the last spot. If confirmed we can kick the league off again this year. In the meantime if you haven't already set your 5 keepers then please do so.

The 3 teams that need filling will be allocated once we have have that last team owner confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

majortinkle is currently checking with a friend to see if they want to fill the last spot. If confirmed we can kick the league off again this year. In the meantime if you haven't already set your 5 keepers then please do so.

The 3 teams that need filling will be allocated once we have have that last team owner confirmed.
Happy to be slapped down as an annoying newbie given I don't know the other squads, draft order or even the scoring rules (incidentally what are the scoring rules....), but.....

it strikes me that there are 3 teams to reallocate, 1 of which, would pretty much win most leagues from that starting 5 (Hodors) and 2 that should be vying with each other for the wooden spoon.

I'd imagine the existing guys don't want a blow-in to walk away with the league and that it will be a long old season for the other two.

So I was thinking, should the 3 teams be re-distributed to the 3 newbies - they'd each get one genuine 1st round guy so imagine reasonably balanced with the league - might need to tweak draft order if you go that route.

The 3 newbies could just provide the commish with a 15 man priority list so shouldn't slow proceedings down....just a thought.....

Happy to be slapped down as an annoying newbie given I don't know the other squads, draft order or even the scoring rules (incidentally what are the scoring rules....), but.....

it strikes me that there are 3 teams to reallocate, 1 of which, would pretty much win most leagues from that starting 5 (Hodors) and 2 that should be vying with each other for the wooden spoon.

I'd imagine the existing guys don't want a blow-in to walk away with the league and that it will be a long old season for the other two.

So I was thinking, should the 3 teams be re-distributed to the 3 newbies - they'd each get one genuine 1st round guy so imagine reasonably balanced with the league - might need to tweak draft order if you go that route.

The 3 newbies could just provide the commish with a 15 man priority list so shouldn't slow proceedings down....just a thought.....
Time wise we are pushing it but i would be happy to run a pre-draft just for the 3 new people to pick players from the teams in the earlier post. That draft would have to finish by this Friday so that we could start the draft proper this Saturday. That would leave us just under 2 weeks to get the main draft done.

Can we fit that timeline ?

Would be a 5 round draft with 3 people so could knock it off pretty quickly if the effort is there.

LennyHayes77 sound ok ?

Still need that 3rd person confirmation.

I'm happy to participate in the pre draft as I agree the 1 team is seriously stronger than the rest, so to split it up is fair.
Just wondering what the keeper rules are though before we schedule anything. I see at least 4 1st round players in the 3 teams, so not sure what they are worth in your keeper rules.
Also what order will the a) pre draft and b) the regular drafy be?

I'm happy to participate in the pre draft as I agree the 1 team is seriously stronger than the rest, so to split it up is fair.
Just wondering what the keeper rules are though before we schedule anything. I see at least 4 1st round players in the 3 teams, so not sure what they are worth in your keeper rules.
Also what order will the a) pre draft and b) the regular drafy be?
Can you and majortinkle please send me your email address and i will invite you to the league. All the settings are on there.
Pre-draft order will be the first person (yourself) who indicated an interest with pick 1, majortinkle pick 2 and his mate (if he wants to join) pick 3. Snake draft.

Regular draft i need to check, it is based on finishing spots from last season.

LennyHayes77 majortinkle St Kilda Death

If you want to kick off your mini draft now (5 rounds) to select your 5 keepers from the list below that would be great.

Pick 1 LennyHayes, Pick 2 majortinkle, Pick 3 St Kilda Death, Pick 4 St Kilda Death. Pick 5 majortinkle, Pick 6 LennyHayes etc

Hope to start the main draft as soon as you have finished.

Use this thread and tag the next guy up after you pick.

Aaron Rodgers
Tevin Coleman
Aaron Jones
Allen Robinson
Devin Funchess
Dallas Goedert
Tyler Boyd
Mike WIlliams
Falcons Def/ST
Brett Maher
LeSean McCoy
Giovani Bernard
Anthony Miller
Mike Gesicki
Jake Elliot
Buccaneers Def/ST
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Justin Jackson
Jimmy Garoppolo

Matt Stafford
Ezekiel Elliott
Saquon Barkley
Keenan Allen
Mike Evans
Vance McDonald
DeAndre Hopkins
Matt Breida
Chargers Def/ST
Stephen Gostkowski
Sterling Sherpard
Jesse James
Patriots Def/ST
T.J Yeldon
Case Keenum
Dede Westbrook
Alfred Morris
Josh Lambo

Russell Wilson
Kareen Hunt
Isaiah Crowell
Antonio Brown
Davante Adams
Rob Gronkowski
Amari Cooper
Chris Hogan
Broncos Def/ST
Graham Gano
Devonta Freeman
Andy Dalton
Chris Thompson
Will Fuller V
David Njoku
Jets Def/ST
Duke Johnson Jr
Brandon McManus

Sooo what's the keeper rules? Is the 5 players I pick my first 5 picks? Do they each have a set value from previous years draft positions?

Sooo what's the keeper rules? Is the 5 players I pick my first 5 picks? Do they each have a set value from previous years draft positions?
We are a simple lot here, no draft values for players and if you decide to only pick 4 keepers you get a pick your 5th at the end of the draft. After you pick your 5 in the mini draft you will still have a first round pick, 2nd round pick etc in the main draft if that is what you mean.

Yep that's all I wanted to know. The other keeper leagues I'm in players cost you a previous round pick of where you drafted them a season before. Eg a 2 round pick last year would cost a 1st this year etc. But simple is good!
Also seeing as I was first in, I think I'd prefer to pick 3rd in this mini draft...only if you'd allow that??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back