VFL 2021 VFL list changes & discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He did indeed.
Maybe the club is finally realising we need a successful VFL team to support our AFL team.
Fingers crossed that is the case.

Finally take the VFL Seriously

Harvey is our Worst Coach we have.

Longmiure be a Massive Loss. Could say he is the Best Coach we have.

So is it Hocking or Stevie J coaching VFL Pies CFC2010
Dave, I admit it, I wasn’t much of a fan of Harvey. But I’ve come around a bit.
He is not a senior coach as such, personality lets him down. He’s not really mr Articulate.
But every club needs those loyal hard working quiet servants. Speaks when needed. No tickets on himself.

One thing about Harvey you could never question, is his work ethic.
I’ve heard he brings that to the table.
He might be ideal as that quiet long term assistant.
Hard worker.

Wouldn’t that be a demotion for Hocking?
I’d think, Absolutely not.
Side ways movement I’d suggest. It is terrific as gives different strings to the bow.
He coaches a squad of men.

Not sure if I have shared this Dave but I heard a few months ago Stevie J will be coaching at the Pies next year.

Smart footballer not sure about his coaching credentials.
By position he'd be a nice fit for DeGoey, Stephenson and hopefully Elliott.

What's he like? Have North got a good one?
Calm, measured. Doesn't get caught up in individual incidents, just stresses the importance of sticking to the process.
Can also dish out a spray when required. He and Lockyer rightfully unleashed at Windy Hill in R4 - went hard with individuals singled out for lack of effort before going the broader group.

Would rather Boyd take over instead of Farkyn. He doesn’t fill me with any confidence as a coach.

Farkyn Tarkyn..........I agree Soups.

I’d back Lockyer if appointed. His first stint came straight after playing and therefore he had no coaching experience. It’s now 9 years later and the club would have a better idea if his development over that time has shaped his ability to be a successful VFL coach.

That said we’re not short of options internally adding to the names already raised Gotch has an impressive state league resume.

I’d back Lockyer if appointed. His first stint came straight after playing and therefore he had no coaching experience. It’s now 9 years later and the club would have a better idea if his development over that time has shaped his ability to be a successful VFL coach.

That said we’re not short of options internally adding to the names already raised Gotch has an impressive state league resume.

Gotch coached Williamstown when we where aligned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is also currently head of the academy.

Does anyone know if Rowdy still has a job at North?

I would love him back at our Club.

Coaching a stand alone team is one thing...coach is the big cheese at the club (Ayers at Port or Williams at Werribee), but coaching an AFL ‘seconds’ side, your control is limited.
The VFL players train with the AFL listed players & all are under control of the AFL coach, assistant coaches.
You have zero control over selection.
You have limited control over positions AFL players will play.
You have limited control over AFL players game time when returning from injury (50% 70% etc).
The only real control is match day addresses & bench moves (although you obviously have guidelines from AFL coaches to follow).
I think it would be a frustrating job.
Your main objective is to support the AFL team & prepare players for AFL opportunities (development).
Where as Ayers main objective is to win enough games to make the finals, then win the Premiership.
Totally different job scopes.
I’d rather be an assistant coach in charge of AFL midfield/forwards etc.

Does anyone know if Rowdy still has a job at North?

I would love him back at our Club.
Not only does he still have a job, he was promoted a couple of days ago. I'd like to see him back to Collingwood, but I can't see it happening while Callum and Tyler are playing.

The 31-year-old will work with AFL legend, Gavin Brown, who has been promoted to the position of Head of Development.

Brown will work closely with individual players while working with the coaches to create and identify learning opportunities.

Brown will also join the club’s match committee.

Not only does he still have a job, he was promoted a couple of days ago. I'd like to see him back to Collingwood, but I can't see it happening while Callum and Tyler are playing.

Thanks for that mate.

Be seen as a Conflict of Intrest

barrackers just love the thread tile, playing on the river and flowing.

Excellent.

And great work all year too.

:)

Two more games with two more wins will be very nice indeed.

barrackers just love the thread tile, playing on the river and flowing.

Excellent.

And great work all year too.

:)

Two more games with two more wins will be very nice indeed.
Thanks mate. Giants next week will be huge.

I know it’s wishful thinking but I’d like to see mighty Mick Mcguane (sorry about spelling I think) take over the VFL side. Great footy brain and from what I’ve heard very good with the younger players.

What are we doing with our VFL coaches? We should be developing them to become our next assistant coaches. The skills required to manage the transition btw both AFL/VFL should be a required skill that would only make you a better coach one would think. The last 2 VFL coaches have moved to other clubs and appear to be valued highly externally by other environments. How the club allowed Tapping to move at a time when we were screaming for quality coaches is still a poor decision by the club. He developed players to AFL football and found the right balance of winning games 13-16 4 consecutive finals series. We are giving thought to bringing Lockyer back in the fold is crazy to say the least. Small group coach and does not the personality to manage and coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back