VFL 2021 VFL list changes & discussion

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why you think That?

Has a feel good aspect to it and he's a more than handy VFL level player. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a better offer.

Well might hurt the 1sts they make Finals and 2nds Don't
I don't disagree Dave, but i can assure you that results in the VFL are most definetly secondary.

The way the club sees it, is that if our seniors and depth are good enough to win a flag the seconds will easily make and wins VFL finals (see richmond). The argument they'd give you in 2018 is injuries cruelled us, and whilst out seniors weathered the storm the VFL couldn't.

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing a rumour that Charlie Dean (192cm centre half forward) from the Sandringham Dragons will be signing with Collingwood VFL.

Rule changes for 2020 confirmed, justified on the weird basis of aligning VFL and NEAFL list structures over the next 3 years. Two separate comps don't need the same list management rules, so it very much suggests a move towards an AFL reserves comp. Will we see a VFL and NEAFL merger in 2023 before a whole national reserves down the track?

Arguably the biggest rule change is the need to include 2 developing players each match; the previous 23rd man remains with the 22nd player now required to be a 19 year old development player. With teams having more developing players in their side it will make experienced VFL players even more important.

And following the rape and pillage of the VFA, we will conclude with the murder of the last few survivors.

Happy to see Kaden get a chance. I’m tipping he’ll end up on a list eventually.

Just wish Clubs had some Rights over VFL Listed Players in there VFL List

Back