2019/20 A-League Grand Final Thread - SydneyFC V Melbourne City

Remove this Banner Ad

well.. its been a long season glade its finally over tbh! The league has challenges going forward noticeably how to fix the declining TV viewership, player retention with the reduced salary cap as well as the independence structure.

Thanks to all the football fans that contributed during this season to the board. I hope you will all continue throughout the off season and next season.

Hopefully its not as disruptive with the Covid restrictions.

We just ignoring that Grant, who was on a yellow, should have been cautioned for putting his shirt over his head after he scores?

We just ignoring that Grant, who was on a yellow, should have been cautioned for putting his shirt over his head after he scores?

No, but I can't even be bothered bringing it up.

Now now. Be gracious.

Well done on the win. I will take the loss graciously but still was just surprised to see no mention here of a rule simply not being enforced. According to my understanding of the law Sydney should have been down to 10. I can call that out without being disrespectful to Sydney’s efforts.

Well done on the win. I will take the loss graciously but still was just surprised to see no mention here of a rule simply not being enforced. According to my understanding of the law Sydney should have been down to 10. I can call that out without being disrespectful to Sydney’s efforts.

Enjoy your club made it to the GF and was dangerous all the way.

Nit picking can go both ways and will just drive ya nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is when there were plenty of decisions that went both ways and against both teams, but Whatever floats your boat.

Well yes but I can’t be stuffed posting about every decision that was contentious to be honest. That was the only missed one that comes to mind that should have been a red card so it’s a major one.

****sake, imagine wanting a team to lose a player in a grand final due to celebrating.

Not a fantastic game, but what a goal to win it?! Chesting it in was a smart choice over the header, and what a time to do it!

Feels bloody great to be the best in Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****sake, imagine wanting a team to lose a player in a grand final due to celebrating.

We are setting a dangerous precedent when we say that some parts of the rule book should be followed and other parts should not. I guess that’s what you’re campaigning for.

I don’t agree with the rule in the first place so I definitely don’t agree with it in the biggest game of the year.

Ok, but the rule is literally that a celebrating in that manner results in a yellow card. Why have you reacted like you have to me imagining the wild thought of a rule being enforced?

Ok, but the rule is literally that a celebrating in that manner results in a yellow card. Why have you reacted like you have to me imagining the wild thought of a rule being enforced?

Ok you can get the yellow card for grant and we get the clear penalty kick for Alfie.

Of course that means no extra time and no yellow card

c48b20c91da7e36f21f45689b61e1e93.gif

Last edited:

Same reason I don’t think soft free kicks should be given in the AFL grand final. Put the whistle away, so to speak.

I would usually let it go back seeing as it's Rhyan Grant, * him. Should've been sent off against the Glory last year as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back