Competitions 2019/20 AFC Board Draft Game - Want to Play?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Roger.

DABM you are so old you still wish you could draft Jack Dyer with your first pick.
Touche

And Jack Dyer's output would have nearly equaled that of my early Charlie Curnow pick last year :(

Do I get to name the comp this year or is that only a goal kicking cometition thing?

Anyway, I was planning on retiring as champion, but I did have an idea to spice up the game for a future season. I doubt many people will like the idea, but I'm going to suggest it anyway.

Game is exactly same as this years rules, except instead individuals in charge of teams, everyone is paired with another 'player' and they have to decide who to pick together. Potetentially problematic, but it could result in an interesting change in strategy, and it will probably speed up the game as atleast on of the pair should be online during their turn.

When are we starting? Maybe change the drafting thread title to include start date and time so people don’t forget and we get the usual start of no one picking until midday because they forgot..
Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

It says we're staring Monday December 9th in the title of the other thread. At 9am

Are we just waiting on skam85 and Crow_68 to make placeholders now?

Yep and I've PMed both to remind them.

I guess if they don't do it soon we'll have to... disqualify them?

Also FAITH for whatever reason I can't PM you so here's your reminder that the game starts tomorrow, Monday December 9th and 9am ACDT

Last edited:
I've just realized that thanks to AFL.com.au's new and horrible website design, the AFL Player Ratings system is unavailable.

Given I have the information from running the numbers last season, I think it would be unfair if I had that info but everyone else didn't given it's currently not available publicly. So here are the ratings for each player, available as a CSV. This list is purely from last season, it is not based on 2020 lists or player movements, delistings, etc so there are some players in there who aren't eligible to be drafted. That's on you to check ;)

The listed number is the club ranking for the player (top 30 only) as is used for the points system (check the rules)

It also means we don't have any firm guide on which players count in which positions (eg. "key position" or "forward" or "defender" etc.) so I will be extra lenient on that this year

Attachments

• afl_player_ratings.csv
    14.4 KB · Views: 64
Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
I've just realized that thanks to AFL.com.au's new and horrible website design, the AFL Player Ratings system is unavailable.

Given I have the information from running the numbers last season, I think it would be unfair if I had that info but everyone else didn't given it's currently not available publicly. So here are the ratings for each player, available as a CSV. This list is purely from last season, it is not based on 2020 lists or player movements, delistings, etc so there are some players in there who aren't eligible to be drafted. That's on you to check ;)

The listed number is the club ranking for the player (top 30 only) as is used for the points system (check the rules)

It also means we don't have any firm guide on which players count in which positions (eg. "key position" or "forward" or "defender" etc.) so I will be extra lenient on that this year
Thanks man, I had a mini crisis last night when I was looking for numbers!

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors

I might even have the Player Rankings positional information saved, I’ll have a look in the morning and will send to the group if I do.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
So if skam hasn’t posted his team placeholder by 9am tomorrow (9:30am my time), I’m going to assume he’s disqualified and I can make the first pick?

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
The old have pick 2 but Carlton (skam) gets disqualified and you get pick 1 trick.
Not meaning that, I have pick 1 either way, but mainly wondering if we’re going to eliminate him from the comp if he doesn’t post his placeholder on time, as there’ll be a number of picks in between the 2nd last one and skam’s if not

Skam will be disqualified if he doesn't post his team placeholder by 9am.

Freddy Bassett yep we'll let you in, just in the nick of time. Always happy to accommodate returning players. Especially with skam looking likely to be disqualified.

Post a placeholder in the thread immediately though. It starts on Monday at 9am ACDT

Given we've already drawn the draft order we'll put you in 17th spot. I'll update the order in a moment

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
Skam will be disqualified if he doesn't post his team placeholder by 9am.

Freddy Bassett yep we'll let you in, just in the nick of time. Always happy to accommodate returning players. Especially with skam looking likely to be disqualified.

Post a placeholder in the thread immediately though. It starts on Monday at 9am ACDT

Given we've already drawn the draft order we'll put you in 17th spot. I'll update the order in a moment

If he ends up taking over from skam, can we just have Freddy take over 6th spot? That way we don’t have change anyone else’s pick numbers.

Back