October 30 Gabba, 6.10pm
November 1 MCG, 7.10pm

Men's T20s v Pakistan

November 3 SCG, 2.30pm
November 5 Manuka Oval, 7.10pm
November 8 Perth Stadium, 4.30pm

Men's Test series v Pakistan

November 21-25 Gabba, 10am
November 29-December 3 Adelaide Oval, 2pm (D/N)

Men's Test series v New Zealand

December 12-16 Perth Stadium, 1pm (D/N)
December 26-30 MCG, 10.30am
January 3-7 SCG, 10.30am

Men's ODIs v New Zealand

March 13 SCG, 2.30pm (D/N)
March 15 SCG, 10.30am
March 20 Blundstone Arena (Hobart), 2.30pm (D/N)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26687427/australia-day-fixture-goes-missing-new-schedule

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
There's also this: Women's T20 World Cup: February 21-March 8

We'll go straight from the end of the BBL into the Women's T20 WC, and then only a few days later the men's series with NZ starts. It's going to be a long summer.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
It's India's world and we're just playing in it. The men's international summer essentially being over on January 7th is crazy. Yes I know they come back for some ODIs in March but I think we'll see some records broken for lowest crowds at those.
New Zealand probably think it's Australia's world and they're just playing in it given they're giving up their Boxing Day Test to play here.

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Couple things to look at with regards to D/N Perth test:

1. What's the point of playing a day/night test match with a pink ball if it will barely be dark by the end of the day's play.
2. What was wrong with the original time slot if it already brings the cricket into primetime on the eastern seaboard.
3. Will fans find it hard to watch with school/work the next day if the day's play finishes at 11pm (extended to 11:30) AEDT
4. How will Channel 7 fit in their 6 o'clock news, or will they have to make do due to the major broadcasters being fox. No matter what the third session will start at 6.00pm AEDT.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's India's world and we're just playing in it. The men's international summer essentially being over on January 7th is crazy. Yes I know they come back for some ODIs in March but I think we'll see some records broken for lowest crowds at those.
Yeah, especially being locked away on Fox. Much like last summer, nobody will even know the ODIs and T20Is are on. But why is the season so short, time was that March was still cricket season - even if it was mostly just the Shield.
Maybe its just my age, its still cricket season for those still playing the game I guess.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When was the last time Australia hosted a mens ODI day game?
Before Bellerive got lights? Or maybe Perth has had one to meet east coast time?

March 15 SCG, 10.30am

Makes sense on a Sunday, but generally hasn't been done because Sunday night is prime TV night (maybe not so much on Fox?).

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

1. What's the point of playing a day/night test match with a pink ball if it will barely be dark by the end of the day's play.
2. What was wrong with the original time slot if it already brings the cricket into primetime on the eastern seaboard.
3. Will fans find it hard to watch with school/work the next day if the day's play finishes at 11pm (extended to 11:30) AEDT
4. How will Channel 7 fit in their 6 o'clock news, or will they have to make do due to the major broadcasters being fox. No matter what the third session will start at 6.00pm AEDT.
2. Better for TV in India
3. No school at that time of year, and probably only one school/work night anyway (the Thursday night, obviously minor chance of a Sunday night into Monday morning)
4. Shunt it over to 7 mate for half hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having it as a D/N test means that the WACA is expecting a crowd sufficient enough to demand being played at the new stadium. If it was a day test it would likely (theoretically) be played at the WACA due to crowd numbers.

Not sure how you get the 3rd session starting at 6pm AEDT, given the test starts at 1pm WST, which will mean the 1st session actually ends at 6pm AEDT. Regardless, the first break unlike other D/N tests will be 40 minutes, meaning that
Session 1: 1pm-3pm (WST)
Break: 3pm - 3:40 pm
Session 2: 3:40 pm - 5:40pm
Break: 5:40pm - 6:00 pm
Session 3: 6:00pm onwards.

I’m willing to bet that 7 will either show the news at the first interval and fit it in to go back to the cricket or simply shunt the cricket to 7mate for the news

When was the last time Australia hosted a mens ODI day game?
Before Bellerive got lights? Or maybe Perth has had one to meet east coast time?

March 15 SCG, 10.30am

Makes sense on a Sunday, but generally hasn't been done because Sunday night is prime TV night (maybe not so much on Fox?).
They might not be down as day games but ODIs played in Perth tend to effectively be day games given the starting time

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Having it as a D/N test means that the WACA is expecting a crowd sufficient enough to demand being played at the new stadium. If it was a day test it would likely (theoretically) be played at the WACA due to crowd numbers.
Yeah sorry ignore that

Not sure how you get the 3rd session starting at 6pm AEDT, given the test starts at 1pm WST, which will mean the 1st session actually ends at 6pm AEDT. Regardless, the first break unlike other D/N tests will be 40 minutes, meaning that
Session 1: 1pm-3pm (WST)
Break: 3pm - 3:40 pm
Session 2: 3:40 pm - 5:40pm
Break: 5:40pm - 6:00 pm
Session 3: 6:00pm onwards.

I’m willing to bet that 7 will either show the news at the first interval and fit it in to go back to the cricket or simply shunt the cricket to 7mate for the news

yeah sorry you can ignore it then

Last edited:

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
2. Better for TV in India
Are Indian that big watchers of test cricket though? And how much profit does broadcasting there actually make for CA

Still seems like a pretty valid reason as to why CA would do that, although it’s still going to be a regular timeslot there for test matches. 11 am ish I believe.

Last edited:

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
They might not be down as day games but ODIs played in Perth tend to effectively be day games given the starting time

Which makes the choice to have a d/n Perth test even stranger, seeing as though the Indian market can accept having it start as a day game there.

To me it seems that CA has scheduled a day/night match at Perth Stadium in order to get around the deal with the WACA which states that only England, South Africa and India should play there. At the base of it, it seems to a dirty move by Cricket Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back