2019-20 Big Bash League

Remove this Banner Ad

i am watching on kayo. notcied, stars game, theres no refernce to the thunders score, or how many are needed off how many balls at the bottom of the screen. anyone experience this?
I flicked it on about 20 minutes ago and found it really annoying, as I had no idea how many the Stars were chasing.

People often say how they have no passion for the BBL, it’s nothing more than entertainment. Tonight that really showed in the crowd, they roared for the hat trick and Maxwells Six off the free hit but no one really cared for the game. They were there for a night out and if the home team lost, you’d move on and wouldn’t even remember by the time you got home.

It is nothing more than family entertainment, a chance to get the kids out and for them to try and get on the big screen doing stupid dance moves

They were there for a night out and if the home team lost, you’d move on and wouldn’t even remember by the time you got home.
This same statement could be said about a lot of Australian matches, particularly limited overs. I've been to plenty of Australian games where we lost, and there is often a general feeling of "oh well".

Cricket is just less intense than footy.

This same statement could be said about a lot of Australian matches, particularly limited overs. I've been to plenty of Australian games where we lost, and there is often a general feeling of "oh well".

Cricket is just less intense than footy.

Even footy I’m often like, oh well we can’t win them all, depending on opposition and time of season. But ODIs and T20Is are very much meaningless outside the World Cup, it’s like a 4 year pre season competition.

Tests I feel have a lot more meaning, but you lose the first test of a 4/5 test series and you move onto the next. But the lack of competition can really destroy their enjoyment. I doubt I’ve ever watched less cricket than I have this year, but NZ were so bad there was no reason to bother tuning in. This has then flowed into BBL where tonight was my first game and only because I had to go.

I've been thiiiis close to putting my foot through the TV during every Gades game so I can't quite relate to feelings of aloofness. Just have to weigh up what will be less painful now: attending the next match or watching from home.

And in response to the earlier pondered conundrum, which I strangely hear often: true democracy-loving Victorians, brought up on the legends of Miller and Whitlam and Minogue, support the Bushrangers' spiritual continuation in the form of our Renegades... while filthy animals follow the Stars, what's so difficult about it.

For the most part I can live with however the Scorchers are doing. I do have some emotional investment in them however.

The most down and angry I've felt with them was that Hobart semi final at Optus that we completely blew, and the most I've ever celebrated was that final against the Sixers where Brett Lee almost saved them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A hearty fu** you to channel 7 for paywalling yet another Scorchers game.
Go to the game then and/or direct your anger at the appropriate party. There would be BBL on FTA today if it's what CA wanted, what don't people get about that still.

How come this Friday’s match (once again a home game for the strikers) is a 3:10pm start despite being the only bbl game that day?
It's the same with the Heat vs Strikers tomorrow. I thought it had to do with the India vs Australia ODI being broadcast on Fox Cricket that night but there's a BBL game on Sunday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back