2019/20 Bold Predictions (Lucky Guesses) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
OK FOLKS. With the season drawing nearer lets all put our borlz on the line for the lolz and see who the real geniuses are...

For me:
- Detroit wins the NFC North, with the Bears finishing last
- neither the Saints or Rams make it to the NFC Championship... and one of them misses the playoffs :openmouth:
- Matt Ryan returns to MVP form (wait, he was already in MVP form last year...) and the Falcons earn a first round bye
- for the second time since the merger (in either conference)... the final 4 in the AFC will carry over for back to back seasons
- top 3 candidates for MVP in no particular order... Luck, Wentz, Ryan
- Chargers vs. Eagles for it all

BTW GG.exe can you post the proper predictions comp plz...

Last edited:

Rivers gives me Elway vibes... great QB at the end of their career (not in the same category of greatness of course) .. gets a chance to win the big one.

Gets there, facing the Eagles, dominating, completely stacked team (btw have you seen the Eagles roster???!!!), who just won recently (i.e. Packers of the late 90's)

Heavy underdog Chargers (Broncos) win against the odds.

The only team in their path I'm real worried about is the Pats. But surely they learnt a lesson last divisional round

So long as he doesn't wear that putrid visor... I'll root for the Chargers just once...

Rivers gives me Elway vibes... great QB at the end of their career (not in the same category of greatness of course) .. gets a chance to win the big one.

Gets there, facing the Eagles, dominating, completely stacked team (btw have you seen the Eagles roster???!!!), who just won recently (i.e. Packers of the late 90's)

Heavy underdog Chargers (Broncos) win against the odds.

The only team in their path I'm real worried about is the Pats. But surely they learnt a lesson last divisional round

So long as he doesn't wear that putrid visor... I'll root for the Chargers just once...

I love the Chargers, but I can't trust them at playoff time anymore, that NE game was the final straw.

9ers to make the playoffs
Josh Rosen to come good
Steelers to have major locker room issues
ravens go first 3 games without a touchdown
Pitbull and DJ Khaled chosen for halftime show at superbowl until Deplorable Donald finds out Khaled's second name is Mohammed

Err bold predictions? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to jinx my own team but....Panthers will win the NFC South ... If Cams shoulder holds up. Lots of positives that have me excited:

Great offseason in regards of recruiting, second year under Norv as OC which was going really well last year ( remember we were 6-2 before Cam hurt his shoulder in Pittsburgh last year) , Rivera now calling the defensive plays full time (while the offense was humming the defends was lacking until Ron took over from Eric Washington ) , Curtis Samuel, DJ Moore and Ian Thomas all capable of producing and surprising many. Offensive line as good as there is in the NFL if Greg Little can be just average at LT. Short and McCoy working inside together. Plus the amazing stat that is : It's an odd year, Panthers haven't missed the playoffs under Rivera in and odd year.. 👍

Tough division but I'm as confident as I've ever been about us going into a season surprisingly.

Last edited:
Just to carry on from that.. Saints still look loaded but I sense a huge drop off this year, Brees' second half of last year was concerning, reckon they will miss Mark Ingram more than they could have imagined.

Falcons got smashed with injuires to important defensive players last year and are the team to beat imo.

Bucs will improve under Arians and Bowles, just don't know how much but could shock. May need another offseason to get the players they need and become a division contender though.

My bold prediction is that GG.exe will get one of his bold predictions correct.
1a. Former Boise State QB, Brett Rypien, will start at Denver before Drew Lock does
1b. Brett Rypien will become the franchise QB, but no SB wins for him
1c. Drew Lock will eventually get traded for a high pick in about 2 years
1d. Traded to a team like Miami
1e. Miami will ride him to a SB win in 2-5 years of acquiring him

2a. Jimmy Garappolo inside the first month of the season will again get injured, out for the year
2b. The 49ers will finish last in the NFC West as they struggle with Mullens and Beathard at QB
2c. But that's ok, they'll be in line to draft Tua Tagovailoa in 2020 or Trevor Lawrence in 2021

3a. The Patriots WILL finish no better than 3rd in the AFC East in 2019
3b. It will FINALLY happen this year, when the Pats fall off the cliff. Brady suddenly loses his skills, Belichick struggles, etc. Ironic, given the Patriots had a killer off-season and everyone's high on them

4a. David Montgomery will bust in Chicago
4b. Mike Davis will have a monster season in 2019 as he takes over majority of RB duties

5a. Peyton Barber will be ADP top 5 RB in 2019 as he becomes everydown back thruout the season
5b. He will tote the ball upwards of 250 times in the season

6a. Trace McSorley will end up replacing Lamar Jackson fulltime as Ravens starter before the end of the season
6b. Trace McSorley will have a good 3-4 year career as starter before the Ravens decide to draft a Flacco-like big-armed pocket-passer around 2024

7a. Odell Beckham will end up being a major distraction to the Browns before the season is over
7b. His stats will be fine, the 900/6 mark
7c. But he will be traded again either before trade deadline 2019, or off-season 2020

8. Dwayne Haskins will smash some kind of rookie QB record in 2019

9a. The Air Raid offense, having elements of it already in the NFL for several season, will have DCs prepped how to thwart it
9b. So Kingsbury's full-on Air Raid at the Cardinals will have initial great success, but the last half of the season it will limp to a 16-24 ranked offense

10a. The surprise offense of 2019 will be Bengals HC Zac Taylor, who rubbed shoulders with Sean McVay at the Rams.
10b. The Bengals will have a top 10 offense, with Dalton throwing 35:10 and Mixon breaking records with something like 2k yards or most TDs.

11a. The Packers will finish last in the NFC North, an embarrassing 4-12 type season, as Rodgers and Matt LaFleur butt heads all year.
11b. Aaron Rodgers will therefore be traded in the off-season of 2020, the Pack having had enough of Aaron's meddling egotistical ways.
11c. The Packers will luck into yet another GOAT QB, either trading for a team's sleeper 3rd stringer or drafting one in 2020 like Costello (say).

12. Alex Barnes will end up being the starting/franchise RB at the Titans before the year is out.

13. Hunter Renfrow will become Derek Carr's go-to or favorite check-down option in 2019 (as Carr likes to do). He will end up with something like 80-100 receptions in the year.

14. TJ Hockenson will be a huge bust, 2019-2021, and will end up being traded to say the Colts as a permanent "move TE" a la Ebron.

15. Nick Foles will be meh to shizen at the Jaguars for the two or three years he is there. Jags needing to find a franchise QB in the draft.

and finally....

Sweet 16. GG.Exe will win the CR, ND and HS comps in AE20.

1a. Former Boise State QB, Brett Rypien, will start at Denver before Drew Lock does
1b. Brett Rypien will become the franchise QB, but no SB wins for him
1c. Drew Lock will eventually get traded for a high pick in about 2 years
1d. Traded to a team like Miami
1e. Miami will ride him to a SB win in 2-5 years of acquiring him

2a. Jimmy Garappolo inside the first month of the season will again get injured, out for the year
2b. The 49ers will finish last in the NFC West as they struggle with Mullens and Beathard at QB
2c. But that's ok, they'll be in line to draft Tua Tagovailoa in 2020 or Trevor Lawrence in 2021

3a. The Patriots WILL finish no better than 3rd in the AFC East in 2019
3b. It will FINALLY happen this year, when the Pats fall off the cliff. Brady suddenly loses his skills, Belichick struggles, etc. Ironic, given the Patriots had a killer off-season and everyone's high on them

4a. David Montgomery will bust in Chicago
4b. Mike Davis will have a monster season in 2019 as he takes over majority of RB duties

5a. Peyton Barber will be ADP top 5 RB in 2019 as he becomes everydown back thruout the season
5b. He will tote the ball upwards of 250 times in the season

6a. Trace McSorley will end up replacing Lamar Jackson fulltime as Ravens starter before the end of the season
6b. Trace McSorley will have a good 3-4 year career as starter before the Ravens decide to draft a Flacco-like big-armed pocket-passer around 2024

7a. Odell Beckham will end up being a major distraction to the Browns before the season is over
7b. His stats will be fine, the 900/6 mark
7c. But he will be traded again either before trade deadline 2019, or off-season 2020

8. Dwayne Haskins will smash some kind of rookie QB record in 2019

9a. The Air Raid offense, having elements of it already in the NFL for several season, will have DCs prepped how to thwart it
9b. So Kingsbury's full-on Air Raid at the Cardinals will have initial great success, but the last half of the season it will limp to a 16-24 ranked offense

10a. The surprise offense of 2019 will be Bengals HC Zac Taylor, who rubbed shoulders with Sean McVay at the Rams.
10b. The Bengals will have a top 10 offense, with Dalton throwing 35:10 and Mixon breaking records with something like 2k yards or most TDs.

11a. The Packers will finish last in the NFC North, an embarrassing 4-12 type season, as Rodgers and Matt LaFleur butt heads all year.
11b. Aaron Rodgers will therefore be traded in the off-season of 2020, the Pack having had enough of Aaron's meddling egotistical ways.
11c. The Packers will luck into yet another GOAT QB, either trading for a team's sleeper 3rd stringer or drafting one in 2020 like Costello (say).

12. Alex Barnes will end up being the starting/franchise RB at the Titans before the year is out.

13. Hunter Renfrow will become Derek Carr's go-to or favorite check-down option in 2019 (as Carr likes to do). He will end up with something like 80-100 receptions in the year.

14. TJ Hockenson will be a huge bust, 2019-2021, and will end up being traded to say the Colts as a permanent "move TE" a la Ebron.

15. Nick Foles will be meh to shizen at the Jaguars for the two or three years he is there. Jags needing to find a franchise QB in the draft.

and finally....

Sweet 16. GG.Exe will win the CR, ND and HS comps in AE20.

I say the Chiefs as a replacement for Kelce downtheline... the Colts have their TE's now. :p

Your belief in Peyton Barber is completely misplaced GG, he had the 9th most carries in the NFL last year, it's not like he hasn't been given an opportunity.

That job in Tampa is just begging for Ronald Jones to step up and take it....A Hot take of my own that I've been saying for the past 3 months is that he will. Look for Jones to turn from trash to treasure this year in fantasy football in Bruce Arians system. Not sure he can become a David Johnson, but a David Johnson lite isn't out of the question.

I like a few of those takes though GG.exe ... I believe Hunter Renfrow will become a nice piece in the Raiders offense also.

Interesting #1..where's your belief in Rosen gone GG? Miami trading for Lock?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back