2019/20 English Premier League Betting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on Manchester vs West Ham tonight?

I have been having some fun lately reading fan forums of different clubs to see what the supporters of teams believe will happen prior to a match.

Last night when the starting lineups were announced, the Watform forum went from pessimistic to 'we're gonna die'.

Predictions of a 2 or 3 goal loss turned into predictions of a 5 or 6 goals loss.

'City to win by any other result' (i.e. 4 goals + vs anything) was paying $4 so I hopped on. It worked out.

Similar with the Villa game, their forum seemed more upbeat than the Arsenal one. So I backed AV and again got the chocolates.

Now with tonight's match I notice that the West Ham fan forum is fairly upbeat, they give themselves a real chance.

Meanwhile the Man U forum seems on edge, a lot of people are predicting a loss, they seem to think the team is cooked.

I know this is a very rudimentary and arguably foolish way of punting, but I am a rudimentary and arguably foolish punter.

I'm tempted to put a small bet on West Ham SU ($14) and West Ham / Draw ($4.75).

Somebody who knows something about the EPL, talk me out of it.

Speaking as a neutral, I reckon West Ham don't have much to play for now. They are pretty much safe from relegation. There is more for Man Utd, with a potential Top 4 spot up for grabs. Goal difference is also important, they are level on GD with Leicester City.

Yeah and apparently West Ham have a more counter offensive style, which will work well if Man U go on the attack.

Also apparently West Ham's defense is strong in the centre and weak on the outside (esp left back), but Man U's usual forward play is central.

I say 'apparently' because I have NFI, this is what I've read on their forums.

If De Gea is named starting XI I think I'll pull the trigger and put a few small bets on West Ham.

Can see them peppering him from range to test the confidence. Dude looked shot in the FA semi.

Man Utd $1.26, Draw $7, West Ham $14

At that price , $1.26 is too short, that I will agree on. Come to think of it more, United have it all to play for and West Ham will be 'care free' with no pressure- which may be a good thing for Hammer supporters. David de Gea had a terrible game in the FA Cup semi final on the weekend and I do sense Man United will be a tad nervous.

In the other game between
Any thoughts on Manchester vs West Ham tonight?

I'm tempted to put a small bet on West Ham SU ($14) and West Ham / Draw ($4.75).

Thinking about that again, those are very astute bets and good reasoning.

The ironic thing about todays result for Man United, is they could lose today and still Finish in the Top 4. And they could win today against West Ham, and still face missing out on a UEFA CL spot for next season. A draw is not the worst result for Man United either, but given there is a Chelsea v Liverpool match straight after, I sense Man United will want to put the pressure on Chelsea to match their result, and thats my thinking behind a Man U win.

From my experience, when there is more on the line for a team , generally the team with 'more to play for' the odds often factor into account the importance of the match to a certain team (eg to win a title, to survive relegation, to finish for a European spot etc).

Man United should win and I reckon they would want to win by at least a couple to settle their nerves a bit. The first goal may be a tad cagey. Think its a game where there may not be so many goals.

Reckon Under 2.5 Goals is a cracking bet at $3.05

Under 2.5 Goals $3.05 v $1.48 Over 2.5 Goals

hope you loaded up on this. West Ham with a 1-0 lead at HT
Nah, didn't load up. Did put a little on.

One unit on WH SU @ 12s
One unit on WH / draw @ 4.5s
.5u on penalty @ 2.98 (win) [I semi expected a pen for MU, not WH, lol)
.5u on MU / WH HT / FT (loss) [reason being I figured if MU tried to go for a big win after 1-0 HT (to build a buffer), they'd be open for the counter].

Still think WH could lose this, both teams look dangerous up front and shaky down back.

But I'm enjoying it so far :)

Currently 0-0 Liverpool vc Chelsea.

I'm on Liv, putting winnings from last match on this one.

1.5U Liv SU @ 2
0.5U on penalty @ 3
0.5U on 3-1 Liv @ 18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premier league last round of the 2019/20 season

Top 4 Betting:
Chelsea $1.15
Man Utd $1.29
Leicester City $2.76
(2 of those 3 teams will qualify for the Champions League next season)

Relegation:
Bournemouth $1.06
Watford $1.33
Aston Villa $2.92
(2 of these 3 teams will get relegated tonight)

Like the look of a Bruno Fernandes Anytime Goal , Manchester United win

ill tune into the Leicester City v Man Utd game and the current odds are: Leicester City $3.40, Draw $3.55, Man Utd $2.32

Last day of matches, bound to be some drama.

Got a multi on Bournemouth / West Ham / Arsenal @ $16 (boosted) going.

Half time Bournemouth are 2-1, West Ham are 0-0, Arsenal are 3-1.

Just need West Ham to come good, and then Bournemouth stay in the Premier League and I have myself a handy little win.

(Bournemouth to survive was $13, it made more sense do the multi required for that to happen @ 16 boosted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back