Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Didn't think we played that bad, individual errors killing us again though...

Di Lorenzo slipping on 1st goal, Meret howler on the 2nd, poor Manolas clearance on the 3rd...

Is there are more overrated player right now than Fabian Ruiz? Zielinksi on the otherhand has been working his tail off recently to help turnaround our form. Rated his performances.

This upcoming.weekend is big for the title race:
Lazio vs Napoli
Roma vs Juve
Inter vs Atalanta

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Didn't think we played that bad, individual errors killing us again though...

Di Lorenzo slipping on 1st goal, Meret howler on the 2nd, poor Manolas clearance on the 3rd...

Is there are more overrated player right now than Fabian Ruiz? Zielinksi on the otherhand has been working his tail off recently to help turnaround our form. Rated his performances.

This upcoming.weekend is big for the title race:
Lazio vs Napoli
Roma vs Juve
Inter vs Atalanta
Yeah Zielinski is the only one who's improved while we struggle

Could almost play Zielinski at No10 currently, he's the only one who makes things happen in the final third

Insigne had a nightmare himself, that little through ball Zielinski played to him early on and he absolutely fluffed it with a heavy touch is just where he's at currently

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Napoli need to find some identity back and fast

Yes the team has some deficiencies, but with their current squad geezers they stink

Going the same way as AC Milan atm, need to find some heart and grunt, stop the stupid mistakes, dig in etc

On the flipside, boy Atalanta are a joy to watch, glory days for them, they're largely a team of well drilled hard workers, with Gomez and Ilicic pulling the strings, hopefully they can pick up points from the Lazio/Roma/Juve/Inter types in the back half of the season and make the title race interesting, something they struggled to do early on.

I guess if it's one of Inter/Juve/Lazio who lifts the scudetto then Inter would be the lesser of the evils for me though, they just don't seem like winners though, but their coach is.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
When did Serie A change from H2H to GD to decide table position?

Thought H2H decided it as Juve beat Inter in October and they're equal on points, yet Inter are on top...
I think the table only takes into account head to head when the teams have played each other twice.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
On the flipside, boy Atalanta are a joy to watch, glory days for them, they're largely a team of well drilled hard workers, with Gomez and Ilicic pulling the strings, hopefully they can pick up points from the Lazio/Roma/Juve/Inter types in the back half of the season and make the title race interesting, something they struggled to do early on.

I guess if it's one of Inter/Juve/Lazio who lifts the scudetto then Inter would be the lesser of the evils for me though, they just don't seem like winners though, but their coach is.

Josip Ilicic i reckon is the most aesthetically pleasing player to watch in Serie A currently. So smooth and elegant. How's some of the goals both he and Gomez have scored lately! Also they just got Zapata back too who was killing it before he got injured. Comfortably the best attacking team in Italy right now.

I'm so pleased they recovered from the poor start to get out of their CL group. Good for non Serie A watchers to see them strut their stuff in the R16.

And agreed, definitely supporting Inter as well to win the title. I love Lautaro Martinez... nice to see them have some Italian internationals too in Barella and Sensi.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Disappointing that Atalanta missed a pen late to come away from Inter with only a point. Would have been huge if they pinched all 3. Hopefully we hold up our end of the bargain and put Roma to the sword tonight

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
******* Ospina

Seriously

That was probably the most committed defensive effort we've put in in months, yet one total **** up brings it all undone...

I just don't get why keepers don't hoof the ******* thing upfield, * this MUST...HOLD...POSSESSION... OF...THE...BALL...AT...ALL...COSTS.... mentality

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Thought Roma were the better side today but lacked composure when it counted. 2 goals in the opening 10 minutes was enough to seal the deal and return to the top

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
It's amazing how much more influential Ibra is than Piatek. Only 1 game but Milan looked so much better with Ibra up top.

Said it last week and unfortunately saying it again now, but more individual errors overshadowing another decent Napoli performance. Thought we outplayed Lazio in the 2nd half, then Ospina.... we've been ok under Gattuso, avoidable errors killing us though. Hopefully the 2 new mids Demme and Lobotka can make an impact straight away, time is running out for us to salvage something from this season.

Also, shame about Zaniolo and Demiral - two big talents going down with serious injuries.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
This has been Juve's weakest side in 5-7 years imo. That doesn't mean that they are not good or the best in Serie A. On paper they are.

However, Ronaldo, Pjanic & Higuain are aging and Dybala is only meeting his expectations not exceeding (crazy that he is 26 years old).

Bentancur is a decent up and comer but the rest of the Juve midfield has been underwhelming or is also older.

Kulusevski could turn out to be another Pjanic or another Rugani signing.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
This has been Juve's weakest side in 5-7 years imo. That doesn't mean that they are not good or the best in Serie A. On paper they are.

However, Ronaldo, Pjanic & Higuain are aging and Dybala is only meeting his expectations not exceeding (crazy that he is 26 years old).

Bentancur is a decent up and comer but the rest of the Juve midfield has been underwhelming or is also older.

I think that’s an overreaction. We’ve always had average players in our starting 11. In the 14/15 final we had Lichsteiner, Moratta and an ageing Evra starting.

It’s just more noticeable now because our midfield is the weekness yet we play a system that relies on the midfield. Have no idea what management was thinking when they thought signing Sarri and giving a couple of bandaid free agents was going to work.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Kulusevski agreeing to go to Juve is a silly move

Plays Dybala's/Costa's position, particularly out on the right cutting in, can't see him getting many minutes

Should've waited for the right move and went to a club who can nurture him to become a star.
He’s 19 so I wouldn’t pingeon hole him into any position at this stage of his career. I could see him moving and developing into a midfielder. Costa’s never fit so that’s not really relevant and Dybala could play as false 9 with Kulusevski on right or Kulusevski at cam with Dybala and Ronaldo up top. There are ways to fit him in.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

But you've got Rabiot, Can, Ramsey too. Plus Matuidi and a few others I'm sure.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Sarri doesn’t rate Can, he’s been left out of the cl squad and might be left out again. Matuidi is a solid worker but nothing special. His poor first touch makes it harder for us the play Sarriball. Rabiot and Ramsey are only starting to get into the side but they’ve been ok without being too great.

Their all good names but we lack a Star in their that can take the game by the scruff of the neck. We need a Pogba type.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Rabiot has been disappointing for some reason.

Ramsey is okay I guess - Not a Pogba type.

Can has been unimpressive for some reason. Matuidi is 32 and relies mostly on his pace. A bit like Ramires was for Chelsea.

I just think Juventus' strength was their central spine (defence [Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci] and midfield [Pogba, Vidal, Pjanic] and attack [Higuain, Dybala and Ronaldo]).

I think the current squad is relatively weak compared to these guys in their prime.

Still the best squad in the league imo but not necessarily the best XI.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I think that’s an overreaction. We’ve always had average players in our starting 11. In the 14/15 final we had Lichsteiner, Moratta and an ageing Evra starting.

It’s just more noticeable now because our midfield is the weekness yet we play a system that relies on the midfield. Have no idea what management was thinking when they thought signing Sarri and giving a couple of bandaid free agents was going to work.

We kind of agree. As above, I think Juventus' strength was their central spine (defence [Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci] and midfield [Pogba, Vidal, Pjanic] and attack [Higuain, Dybala and Ronaldo]). This is a bit weaker than it was when these guys were in their prime.

Back