2019/20 Italian Football Thread - Serie A

Remove this Banner Ad

Inter has started well too, hopefully they'll be putting pressure on Juve across the season, with Conte there they'll be a tougher proposition compared to the Inter of the last few years where they started well, was in a good position at Xmas time, then ended up struggling to qualify for CL

He has won it twice ;)
Was much younger then though

28-29? He's 34 now, still got it.

I do feel Serie A is great for older stars though, players rather hold their positions more rather than cover large amounts of territory, like the English or German games would with their pressing tactics, bit easier on the body I think.

Just brought this baby how sexy does it look!

det304NYK0-900-1.jpg

Personally I don’t like the white, I think the Napoli kits from the previous two seasons were better.

Lol Napoli, absolutely battered Cagliari and then conceded a late one to lose 1-0.
5 games in and it’s already looking like a 2 horse race

Lol Napoli, absolutely battered Cagliari and then conceded a late one to lose 1-0.
5 games in and it’s already looking like a 2 horse race

Ancelotti isn't a great league manager. IMO he's good at surfing on a team's momentum (hence his cup successes) but he takes too long to fix things when the side isn't functioning properly (case in point: Chelsea 2010/11). He should have many more league titles given the talent he's worked with down the years.

Good to see Fiorentina finally get 3 points from a game. They've actually played pretty well this season, Genoa game notwithstanding.

Was much younger then though

28-29? He's 34 now, still got it.

I do feel Serie A is great for older stars though, players rather hold their positions more rather than cover large amounts of territory, like the English or German games would with their pressing tactics, bit easier on the body I think.

Yep, Ribery's started well for Fiorentina as well.

Just brought this baby how sexy does it look!

det304NYK0-900-1.jpg
Never liked Napoli’s jerseys. Good to see they are maintaining the standard.

Anyway, more important than Napoli is la Viola, we had a win. woohoo

We are off the bottom. Woohoo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Conte bring a similar results based approach to Inter though so they push you guys all the way? His form elsewhere suggests he can.
Well he’s looking good so far. Plus he’s finally at a club that’s giving him the players he wants. I’m both excited and worried about the battle with him.

With us it seems like management just sign who they want and tell the coach to deal with it.

Woo-f’in-hoo.
Fiorentina creamed AC Milan 3-1 and left them just a point outside the relegation places. It’s only early in the season but wouldn’t it be great to see them in Serie B next season?

It’s only early in the season but wouldn’t it be great to see them in Serie B next season?
No that would be terrible for league.

Woo-f’in-hoo.
Fiorentina creamed AC Milan 3-1 and left them just a point outside the relegation places. It’s only early in the season but wouldn’t it be great to see them in Serie B next season?

No that would be terrible for league.
I'd lel if they went down

Good to see some of the highly rated Italians starting the season really well like Stefano Sensi, Domenico Berardi, Lorenzo Pellegrini and Nicolo Barella.

Future (and present, really) of the national teams midfield along with Verratti.

Yeah I rate Pellegrini too

Don't forget Chiesa either ;)

Add in Sandro Tonali, Gaetano Castrovilli and Nicolo Zaniolo as well...

Tonali was so impressive vs Napoli last night, we looked awful in that second half though. A very Juve-like 3 points that one.

Gotta win next week (tough game away to Torino though) with at least one of Inter/Juve dropping points when they meet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back