2019/20 Italian Football Thread - Serie A

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Well Bologna just gave Lazio a massive leg up

Lucas Leiva was sent off for 2 yellows, around the 60 minute mark, then 10 minutes later Correa was clean through about 35 yards out, Medel tugged his shirt, was given a yellow then reviewed by VAR, upgraded to red because he was last man.

2-2, both ten men last 20 minutes

Last edited:

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
And that's another scudetto wrapped up for Juve.

Not yet, Inter just have to stick close to us because our obsession with the CL will mean we more than likely drop points at the pointy end.
Inter just has to not drop silly points against the middle to lower tier sides and they will still be in it at the death.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
2 coaches already gone with Samp firing Di Francesco (hasn't he struggled since Roma made the CL semi's in 2018) and Milan sacking Giampaolo.

Milan hiring Pioli is such a sideways appointment. I actually really like their squad, think they have quite a few high potential players, but they are a mess off field.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
2 coaches already gone with Samp firing Di Francesco (hasn't he struggled since Roma made the CL semi's in 2018) and Milan sacking Giampaolo.

Milan hiring Pioli is such a sideways appointment. I actually really like their squad, think they have quite a few high potential players, but they are a mess off field.
Milan stink imo

Their squad for mine is full of midtable/EL types or guys who were highly rated as youngsters but never took the next step and are just B graders (Suso, Rodriguez, Calhanoglu, Musacchio etc)

The two that look ok are Kessie and Leao, but will they take the next step?

For mine they lack serious grunt and lack a physical presence in midfield and defence and where's the starpower? Someone needs to emerge and lead them forward.

Think of Milan's glory days in the 90s and 00s, they had grunt and leadership in midfield and defence and they had guys who got the job done upfront, their current side is set up to do ok in a less physical league like La Liga or Portugal imo, a lot of players on the more technical side of things, but they lack physicality imo.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Milan stink imo

Their squad for mine is full of midtable/EL types or guys who were highly rated as youngsters but never took the next step and are just B graders (Suso, Rodriguez, Calhanoglu, Musacchio etc)

The two that look ok are Kessie and Leao, but will they take the next step?

For mine they lack serious grunt and lack a physical presence in midfield and defence and where's the starpower? Someone needs to emerge and lead them forward.

Think of Milan's glory days in the 90s and 00s, they had grunt and leadership in midfield and defence and they had guys who got the job done upfront, their current side is set up to do ok in a less physical league like La Liga or Portugal imo, a lot of players on the more technical side of things, but they lack physicality imo.

In addition to Kessie and Leao, i rate Piatek (has had a poor start to the season though), Paqueta, Hernandez, Bennacer, Conti and Caldara. The last 2 are just about to enter their prime years but have unfortunately been dogged by knee injuries the last couple of years.

But yeah Romagnoli and Donnarumma are there only 2 consistent players at the moment.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
In addition to Kessie and Leao, i rate Piatek (has had a poor start to the season though), Paqueta, Hernandez, Bennacer, Conti and Caldara. The last 2 are just about to enter their prime years but have unfortunately been dogged by knee injuries the last couple of years.

But yeah Romagnoli and Donnarumma are there only 2 consistent players at the moment.
For me it's hard to really rate Romagnoli and Donnarumma compared to others who I've mentioned as they haven't exactly played in quality Milan sides across their careers, others though were at decent sides beforehand.

Back