2019/20 Italian Football Thread - Serie A

Remove this Banner Ad

Brozovic had an absolute stinker

Parma made use of Contes wingback system to perfection, exposing gaps out wide from Inters mistakes with their pace
Good work Lecce and Parma!

Don't stuff this opportunity now Napoli.
Eh, we know we'll stuff up

Quite a few teams around the Europa League places currently, we need to win to steer clear of them

Good to see Cagliari and Parma doing well though, was disappointed when both got relegated a few years back

Anyways

Genoa beat Brescia 3-1 in a relegation dogfight, I wonder if Samp can respond tonight now, away to Bologna who would want to win tonight not be lumped into a relegation battle themselves. Samp have easily been the biggest disappointments this season so far, they were great last year, far cry now.

Happy with Inter’s draw was hoping Napoli would put pressure on Inter for second though.

Atalanta basically scoring for fun in Seria A. A shame we still let them in the other end (The Lazio game especially; be equal second otherwise). An even bigger shame that we can't translate our Serie A scoring prowess to the Champions League.

If we can keep top 4 I'd be happy. No massive shame bowing out of the CL. Group stage will give us experience for the next campaign.

Atalanta basically scoring for fun in Seria A. A shame we still let them in the other end (The Lazio game especially; be equal second otherwise). An even bigger shame that we can't translate our Serie A scoring prowess to the Champions League.

If we can keep top 4 I'd be happy. No massive shame bowing out of the CL. Group stage will give us experience for the next campaign.
Qualify for EL through third imo

EL will still give the squad European practice while challenging for top 4

Funny Parma can take it up to and pinch a point off Inter, yet get rolled by Verona at home

Gervinho a bit unlucky not to equalise I guess, drove into the box from the left dribbling around a few defenders then getting a one two then hitting the crossbar, but gotta pick up points against lowly sides

Inter won 2-1 away at Brescia, Martinez got a massive deflection that looped over the goalkeeper for the first, then Lukaku cut in from the right and power finessed home from just outside the box for their second, lovely goal, peak Bale/Hulk about it.

Could've been 3-0 or so up at one stage in first half, alas we're 1-1 at HT, Atalanta took half hour or so to get into the game, but they look the more likely atm

LB and holding mid a problem, Luperto is a CB not a LB, Allan got injured within the first ten minutes in a goalmouth scramble, dunno if it's a knee or ankle or something.

Ruiz is going ok with the ball, he's our main creative outlet from deep playing in a double pivot (looks 4-2-3-1 tonight, he's basically the regista), but he and Zielinski needs to shield the back four better

Milik and Callejon need to start taking their chances if they want the 3 points

Well that was bullshit

But also should've put the game to bed too considering we had bulk chances

Llorente gets tackled by Kjaer in the box, Kjaer has his back to the ball eyes only on Llorente, no pen, Atalanta rebound and score an equaliser through Ilicic (Maksimovic in no man's land playing Ilicic onside)

Napoli in meltdown afterwards, quite lucky not to lose the game considering they lost their heads and a few on the bench were given reds

2 points dropped though, need to be more clinical, showing good signs at times but need to fix stupid s**t up also

Ancelotti has no faith in his left backs, go and buy one in January please, also another holding mid would be great too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that was bullshit

But also should've put the game to bed too considering we had bulk chances

Llorente gets tackled by Kjaer in the box, Kjaer has his back to the ball eyes only on Llorente, no pen, Atalanta rebound and score an equaliser through Ilicic (Maksimovic in no man's land playing Ilicic onside)

Napoli in meltdown afterwards, quite lucky not to lose the game considering they lost their heads and a few on the bench were given reds

2 points dropped though, need to be more clinical, showing good signs at times but need to fix stupid s**t up also

Ancelotti has no faith in his left backs, go and buy one in January please, also another holding mid would be great too

You know Atalanta are likely to score against you, but you're also just as likely to score yourself. We have the 14 or 15th worst GA iirc, yet the best GF by far and the gest GD

Need some solidity at the back

Really we should have converted some of our earlier chances and the turnover from Alex Sandro that led the Kouame goal was very poor but we got the result and that’s what matters.

Really we should have converted some of our earlier chances and the turnover from Alex Sandro that led the Kouame goal was very poor but we got the result and that’s what matters.
Thoughts on Sarri so far, out of interest?

Thoughts on Sarri so far, out of interest?
So far I don’t have complaints. We’re missing way too many chances but under Allegri we never made enough chances to miss them so it’s a nice change of pace. We’re also making to many defensive mistakes but I’m hoping that’s just a growing pain of adapting to a quick passing style.

Mario Rui looks like an absolute liability to me.

Mario Rui looks like an absolute liability to me.
Unlucky handball for mine

Was there, but hard to avoid too, many defenders would've been exposed the same way

Made a good side to side challenge with Zaniolo diving looking for a pen

Plain and simple, Roma destroyed our midfield, Pastore and Spinazolla killed us. We need a top notch holding mid who can defend, but also create too and has a decent passing range.

Really bad week, one that may have cemented our spot in Europa League for next season

Claimed the honours in the derby again but another really sluggish performance and in the first half especially we lacked cohesion. Creating more than enough chances over the course of the games and hopefully we will start banging them in soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back