2019/20 Italian Football Thread - Serie A

Remove this Banner Ad

Amateur hour from Italy's health and immigration/home affairs departments

Not a fan of the coalition here, but to be fair to them at least they've planned this well enough
Until allowing Chinese students to return home... even if they self-quarantine, it's still negligent as the virus can be spread without showing symptoms. Money talks I guess.

Magnificent first half that was of Lecce Atalanta

Atalanta looked like they were gunna take Lecce to the cleaners after a 2-0 early lead, but Lecce had other ideas. Some great strikes from them from range sees them level at HT.

More of the same please second half

Third time this season Atalanta have scored 7. 70 goals now in 25 league games. Pwoah!

Third time this season Atalanta have scored 7. 70 goals now in 25 league games. Pwoah!
They ran riot after HT, though it did look like they were up for a big day early on

Scored twice about 5 minutes after the half and I'm like yep, they're scoring 6-7-8 today

Our best performance for some time, made Inter look second rate and killed off their season in the process. Sucks for the fans but must say I did enjoy listening to the interaction between players on the pitch and instructions coming from the bench.
So it’s now down to 2, should go down to the wire

Our best performance for some time, made Inter look second rate and killed off their season in the process. Sucks for the fans but must say I did enjoy listening to the interaction between players on the pitch and instructions coming from the bench.
So it’s now down to 2, should go down to the wire

Looks like a full suspension and no title awarded. Notwithstanding the virus and it’s impact, pretty sad for Lazio, Inzaghi and Immobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty ordinary game but mission completed and through to another Coppa Italia final.
Thought the ref got it correct in not awarding the early pen but VAR somehow overturned it. Maybe a bit of justice with Ronnie missing it. The send off moments later was a very easy decision though with Rebic doing his best Cantona impersonation.
The game was very willing in the first half but petered out in the second with neither sides looking like scoring in the second half

Those are the types of games where you need a target man like Mandzukic to bully his way a goal in the box. Sarri’s passing triangles were never gonna break that kind of defence.

Pretty ordinary game but mission completed and through to another Coppa Italia final.
Thought the ref got it correct in not awarding the early pen but VAR somehow overturned it. Maybe a bit of justice with Ronnie missing it. The send off moments later was a very easy decision though with Rebic doing his best Cantona impersonation.
The game was very willing in the first half but petered out in the second with neither sides looking like scoring in the second half

Never a red card in a million years.

#NaniGate

Real poor performance this morning and should have lost it in regular time. Oh well, guess we can share the minor trophies out 😂

Crap, missed out

All well, good to get another cup win. Hopefully we take some confidence into the rest of the season now and finish strongly.

Felt Gattuso had been pretty unlucky in some games before lockdown, individual player errors extremely costly in giving away gamewinning goals to our opponents (Lazio game in particular)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back