2019-20 La Liga and Spanish Football fred

Remove this Banner Ad

With what?

A right ankle injury. Sounds like he’s back in training though so he should be returning soon. Real Madrid really hasn’t missed him at all, they haven’t lost a match since he has been out.

Seven on the trot for the Galician giants, Deportivo La Coruna now find themselves in 14th position only 7pts from the playoffs spots.

Next match is at home against one of the teams holding a playoff spot, Girona.

Season from hell

Had a really poor game until then.

You probably won't be sad Courtois cost them a point, after misjudging a shot was going wide but went straight in. Apart from that, he'd been excellent since November.

Had a really poor game until then.

You probably won't be sad Courtois cost them a point, after misjudging a shot was going wide but went straight in. Apart from that, he'd been excellent since November.
Yeah let in a poor goal last night, but agree hes had a very good season so far. Settled in now(and proving me wrong). We could sure use him.

Turning up fat and unfit wasnt a great start for Eden and its snowballed from there. I had him as my flop of the season and its looking on the money.

Deportivo La Coruna's rise up the Segunda table has taken a bit of hit recently, 2 draws and a loss in their last three games have seen them slide back into the relegation battle, we are now on 2pts clear of 19th placed Lugo, who we drew 0-0 with this morning. We are still only 8pts from the Promotion spots, but that is looking like faint hope now.

I said it earlier in the season and got crap because Griezmann scores lots of goals for France but is there one thing he has done well for Barcelona? I have seen plenty of their games this season and Griezmann does so little and misses so many chances that it is ridiculous. Martin Braithwaite is the latest to do more than Griezmann in a match this season and he played for 20 minutes against Madrid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griezmann is symbolic for how badly Barcelona has been run recently. He's a nice guy and all, but he's overrated, was too expensive and most of all, he wasn't what the team needed or players wanted. Nearly 400m euro was spent on Dembele (badly scouted), Coutinho (not what the team needed) and Griezmann and none of these players will help the club forward in the future. This team won't get near winning the CL this season. I wonder how Messi feels about all this mismanagement. The club is wasting his last few years.

The clasico was an enjoyable game but played by 2 teams that aren't in a good place at the moment. Based on the 2nd half, Real deserved to win, even though both their goals were a bit lucky.

Deportivo La Coruna has had a very disappointing 2019/20 campaign, they will more than likely avoid relegation to the third tier, but this morning Depor's second goal by Christian Santos would have to be one of the better goals of the season.

They might be done for as a club, I'll be surprised if they survive this.
As a supporter, I hope you are wrong.

Deportivo La Coruna have new people at the top and I think they are looking at a new owner as well. They are also a well supported club within the city, so I think they will survive. I’d expect them to win promotion back to the second tier at the first attempt, they have achieved this every time they have found themselves in the third tier. But I can’t see them being a power in Spanish football like the 1990’s and early 2000’s. Deportivo La Coruna will be a yo-yo club like it has been for most of its existence.

As a supporter, I hope you are wrong.

Deportivo La Coruna have new people at the top and I think they are looking at a new owner as well. They are also a well supported club within the city, so I think they will survive. I’d expect them to win promotion back to the second tier at the first attempt, they have achieved this every time they have found themselves in the third tier. But I can’t see them being a power in Spanish football like the 1990’s and early 2000’s. Deportivo La Coruna will be a yo-yo club like it has been for most of its existence.

The problem is the amount of debt they accumulated by bankrolling once Augusto Lendoiro came in and invested a lot for Super Depor teams to get them out of debt and compete and it was never going to survive. They then hit 200 million in debt and still currently sit at 70-80 million in debt still too. Now dropping to the 3rd division might completely * their repayments and club as a whole.

The 3rd division in Spain is arguably the hardest division in the world to get out of too.

4 groups of 20 teams, 80 teams all fighting for promotion. Then the top 4 from each division playoff in qualifiers to find what 4 teams will then get promoted. You could have the greatest season ever and falter in the qualifiers and not get promoted. They're restructuring the division from 2021 onwards so we'll see how it'll be from then on.

A lot of teams during the 90s and 00s tried to be like, thus spend like, Real Madrid and Barcelona and a lot of clubs were close to kicking the bucket.

I was honestly worried about Celta going down, it could've spelt the end for us, at best spelt the end for us in the top flight. We would've had to fire-sale players to keep our heads above water.

And Depor is in an eternally worse position than us too and it sucks. O Noso Derbi is a beautiful thing and should be played in the top flight and Depor are a historic Spanish club and should be in the top flight too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back