2019/20 Lower & Non-League Thread: Still featuring Sunderland AFC

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Don't want to turn this into the Wimbledon thread but reporting in that after 12 games the Dons finally got their first win :smile:. A bit of a shame to concede two late and give back some GD but it still feels like there is a team coming together.

Been disappointed in ifollow the last few games, it could well be my internet which is rubbish and averaging about 12-15mps lately, but that still streams HD without problems but with ifollow I'm hit and miss with 540p with no chance of 720 or HD.

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Don't want to turn this into the Wimbledon thread but reporting in that after 12 games the Dons finally got their first win :smile:. A bit of a shame to concede two late and give back some GD but it still feels like there is a team coming together.

Been disappointed in ifollow the last few games, it could well be my internet which is rubbish and averaging about 12-15mps lately, but that still streams HD without problems but with ifollow I'm hit and miss with 540p with no chance of 720 or HD.
I havent had any issues with ifollow(Scampaignerhorpe version). Not fully sure of the actual quality but it looked good.

This is the time of year where i have to learn how to record games to watch them in the morning.

good to see Bigfooty has a case of the Scunny problem. :huh:

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
I havent had any issues with ifollow(Scampaignerhorpe version). Not fully sure of the actual quality but it looked good.

This is the time of year where i have to learn how to record games to watch them in the morning.

good to see Bigfooty has a case of the Scunny problem. :huh:

Good to hear that ifollow probably isn't the problem just have to hope we get the NBN here sooner rather than later. Recently moved from a place that had NBN (ftth) for years to about the only house in town that got skipped when the NBN came through.

WA's the place to watch UK football the 3pm kickoff's are still 10pm here which works out pretty well.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Wycombe Wanderers members have approved the sale of 75% of the club to the Couhig family of New Orleans. The other 25% stays fan-owned.

Real charm offensive by the new owners in the last few months, seems to have ameliorated any concerns and the vote was overwhelming.

Carlisle United's opponents this weekend, Macclesfield Town appear to be the next club to be facing financial problems. An article on the BBC website states the players and staff will not be paid on time, after being paid two late the previous month.

Macclesfield Town: Players and staff told they will not be paid October wages on time

Not sure how much they owe HMR&C, but this has been going on since last season, so they must be close to going into administration.

Don't want to kick a team when they are down, but Carlisle badly need a victory this weekend, with each defeat we are getting closer and closer to entering the relegation fight.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
I didn't watch the game tonight but was stoked to get the update when the real Dons scored an injury time goal that secured a draw and one more point. The fact that said point moved the wombles out of the relegation zone and the MK Dons into the relegation zone was also not without its enjoyment :grinning:.

Last edited:
The Cumbrians had a win on the weekend, our first League win since September, which moves us up to 19th, 5pts clear of the relegation place.

The bottom three teams at the start of the weekend (Scampaignerhorpe, Stevenage and Morecambe) have been making ground recently closing the gap between themselves and the eight clubs directly above them. In fact Scampaignerhorpe's recent performances (2W 2D 1L) have seen them jump Walsall who have now lost their last six league games. The bottom 11 clubs are now within 7pts of each other.

Next up for Carlisle is an away trip to 10th placed Port Vale. A draw would be nice, a win even nicer. :)

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon

That was quick, sure MK just hit the relegation zone but Tisdale joined them mid last year, bounced them straight back into League One, signed Martin in January and now the old 'concious uncoupling' between Tisdale and club and Russell Martin gets a crack at Player/Manager.

No pressure mate :thumbsu:.

Macclesfield's financial woes are growing, the players are on strike and now the EFL have begun investigations.

EFL Investigation

Macclesfield are the third team from the Manchester region that has found themselves in financial difficulty this year. Bury are gone and Bolton barely survived. What is going on in Manchester?

Carlisle United have sacked their Manager Steven Pressley 10 months after he started at Brunton Park. Carlisle were eliminated from the Football Trophy (called the Leasing.com Trophy) after a 3-1 loss to Morecombe and that appears to have been enough for the Clubs owners to say enough is enough.

Steven Pressley Sacked

Not sure if he was the right guy for the job, but to sack a Manager 10 months after signing him to a three year deal seems stupid to me, especially for a club that is financially on a bit of tightrope.

Despite the loss in the Trophy, Carlisle have unearthed a talented defender from their Academy, Jarrad Branthwaite. The 17yo was Carlisle's scorer after intercepting a pass in his own half and then taking it to the Morecombe penalty area, he shot low into the right hand corner to give the Cumbrians an early lead. In the process he became Carlisle's youngest ever scorer and looks at home in defence after only 7 games in the top flight.

And to do it based on the League Trophy that noone cares about 🙃
I think I may have rambled on about this last season, but the FA have ruined the Trophy by allowing the U23 to join the competition. It was a competition that a lot of lower league clubs and supporters enjoyed because it gave the clubs extra revenue and the fans the chance to see their club play at Wembley if they made the final.

Cumbria's second team, Barrow, have been on a bit of tear lately and after a 3-0 win away at Notts County find themselves on top of the National League. The Bluebirds were sitting in the relegation zone after nine rounds, but have won 10 of their last 12 league games and now sit level on points with Bromley, while Solihill Moor and Halifax are a point behind and Yeovil are a further point back. Barrow have a game in hand.

It's actually a very tight competition with 11 teams within two games of the lead.

Capture2.JPG

I think it would be fantastic to have a second club from Cumbria in the Football league.

Carlisle United have appointed their new Manager, Chris Beech, former Rochdale No 2. Don't know a great deal about him, but his first game in charge will be this weekend FA Cup 2nd Round Tie at Forrest Green.

New Manager - Chris Beech

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Why no league games this weekend? Premiership and championship still going.

Don't think it's an international weekend, FA Cup or just a break?

Macclesfield Town are doing well on field, but their off field issues are getting worse. Their players plan to boycott this weekends game and former Manager Sol Campbell has backed the HMR&C's bid to wind up the club. They are due to appear in court on December 18

Macclesfield Town

If successful there will be no relegations from the football league this season.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Macclesfield's financial woes are growing, the players are on strike and now the EFL have begun investigations.

EFL Investigation

Macclesfield are the third team from the Manchester region that has found themselves in financial difficulty this year. Bury are gone and Bolton barely survived. What is going on in Manchester?
Macclesfield Town are doing well on field, but their off field issues are getting worse. Their players plan to boycott this weekends game and former Manager Sol Campbell has backed the HMR&C's bid to wind up the club. They are due to appear in court on December 18

Macclesfield Town

If successful there will be no relegations from the football league this season.

Too many professional teams is what's going on. Manchester and surrounds doesn't need 7 or 10. The big 2 are going to hoover up all the kids watching streams in the 2020s.

Last edited:
Too many professional teams is what's going on. Manchester and surrounds doesn't need 7 or 10. The big 2 are going to hoover up all the kids watching streams in the 2020s.
I did a little research and I'm surprised at how many clubs reside in the Greater Manchester area. There are 35 clubs in the top 10 tiers including seven in the Premier/Football Leagues, and then tiers 11 and 12 have a Greater Manchester Premier League and Division One competition.

Back