Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Time to start the new thread ahead of our first round FFA Cup match on Wednesday night.

New manager, virtually a new squad, a new era at Melbourne Victory.
How good is it to have Robbie Kruse and Andrew Nabbout back at the club. I know its so far been a very underwhelming preseason but there is still a few months till the start of the season to go so still course to be optimistic about the season ahead no need to panic people signings will happen! also what's happening with Troisi? anyone...

The FFA Cup on Wednesday night is good chance to see how Kurz will sets the team up don't care about the result just want to see a good style something progressive to take.
Hopefully a good successful season ahead. Go Victory!

Some details:
FFA Cup round of 32:
Melbourne Victory V Newcastle Jets Wednesday 7th August 7:30pm AAMI Park, Melbourne

Melbourne Victory Squad:
https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/teams (not updated)

Melbourne Victory Season Fixture:
TBC A-League Fixture yet to be released

Melbourne Victory Memberships:
#OurVictory

Last edited:

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I just hope we don't sign Rhys Williams. He'd be with us for 6 months and then off again. We need a 3 year player back there.

Surely there is some talent out of NPL or something we can give a go to as well. Hopefully we seem some quality in the upcoming FFA rounds and can get a decent player out of that.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is anyone going tonight? I am tipping a <3k crowd.

I'll be watching the Melbourne Knights game on TV.

Wish we'd held the match at a suburban ground. South, ABD or Epping stadium or an equivalent in the South East would have been good.
Casey Fields is coming along nicely. Hopefully next year :D

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006

So evidently we're done giving a * about the FFA Cup having already won it.

What the bloody hell are we resting Ola from?

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I didn't watch because I was working but disappointing to see we lost after being 2-0 up especially at home. did we at least show signs of some good play? I'm guessing our defence was pretty shithouse.
Hopefully a few more signing to come to fill up the squad, It's still early days I wouldn't panic to much about the result through.

Last edited:

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure what else fans can expect with the fact we only have half a squad to play. Anyone watch the game? Josh Hope do anything? I heard Kenny was useless?

We really should be looking at Mohamed Awad from Melbourne Knights, watched him last night and he is definitely A League level. Would love to see the club bring him in.

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure what else fans can expect with the fact we only have half a squad to play. Anyone watch the game? Josh Hope do anything? I heard Kenny was useless?

We really should be looking at Mohamed Awad from Melbourne Knights, watched him last night and he is definitely A League level. Would love to see the club bring him in.

Kenny was useless. Josh Hope did do something. Made several brilliant turns followed by a bad pass or getting his feet tangled.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
1 game and I'm already done with both Josh and Kenny.

Kemsoba looked really good. I thought Nabbout, Kemsoba and Deng were our best 3.
Kenny had enough game time towards the end of last year to show what he was capable of. He surely doesn't go on past the end of the season when his contract finishes. He is 27 years old.

Hope played 400 minutes in 27 matches, so a total of 4.5 games for the season. He is only 21 years old so I can cut him a little slack but being knocked out of the FFA Cup is a really bad thing for him as he'd have seen some game time. Unless he turns it around I don't see him with us next season.

We're the biggest club in the land. How we have guys like Kenny and Hope on our team baffles me. There would literally be players lining up to play for us and we have these guys running around for some reason. Hope I really don't think will make it, but am prepared to cut him a little slack due to age and game time (still don't think he'll make it), but Kenny? FMD.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Considering starting up a business as an NPL scout. You can't tell me that Kenny is the best striker in Victoria? Was he that good for Heidelberg or just a couple of decent games in an FFA Cup comp is all you need these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back