2019/20 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we can see out the season by getting some game time into the young players and then regroup with some kind of identity for next year. International transfer market could be sketchy but I just hope we don't end up recycling anyone that has already been through the club.

I can handle players like Kruse and Rojas coming back from overseas but don't want any player thats been through the A League system.
Milligan available? 🙃

s**t result! Good to see the kids play and do well! Rojas needs to stop being a hog, he might be called the Kiwi Messi but he is not f@cking Messi! Next season through we can finally start building a team around him which kinda excites me! Didn’t mind our style of play looked more like the old Victory just not with the some quality of course, we might snag a win or two in the remaining matches if we persist so more please! Keep playing the kids for the remainder games nothing to loss.

Is this our worst season ever? Other contenders would be 07/08 which was pretty awful and Magilton.

Yes! Though the Memhet/Magilton season was bad the core of that squad was actually competitive, just had no direction or structure in which Ange set them straight the next season.

I think after this season it's gonna be a full on reset! We've hit rock bottom! and the covid-19 situation will make it harder to top up and cover the cracks like Ange and Muscat did which is a good thing actually.

I know our fans wont like it because they ain't patient enough but I would like us to stick to the development of our younger players for a couple of seasons and see how it goes, This topping up and constant papering over the cracks, changing of the squad each season hasn't worked and is very disruptive to continuity.

Last edited:

Gonna be missed! sad to see him go really :( provided some great service and highlights including two championships was bloody epic in the 2018 Grand Final we wouldn't have won without him! I'll never forget that first match he played when he come on for Covic when he was sent off! in that 2-2 draw with Brisbane when we went down to 9 men and he stood his ground against the then league champions! What an intro into the A-league! and he never looked back!

Hope he makes it in one of the big League he sure deserves it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yup, LLL looks promising. Brisbane playing with a high line and high pressing but Victory look good on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back