2019/20 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was working so didn't watch the game, how did Poulsen and Basha go? did they finally turn up?

Good to see Kruse scoring if he can stay fit he will dominate this league ala Maclaren style.

Poulsen got involved but he seemed to waste a lot of our attacks when he got involved. I didn't mind Basha again. I noticed he cops it from a lot of fans. He's not a Valeri or Baena but he is our only midfielder who is involved in breaking up play. He flies the flag well too getting stuck into oppo.

Kruse's confidence is coming back. He pulled off a few tricks and was mouthing off a bit. Had a bit to say to Castro and Fornaroli as the game went on.

Lesiotis would have learnt a lot. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he was glad the game was over haha. They attacked him hard and he had to deal with all of Castro, Fornaroli and Ikonimidis.

Despite the win we were on the back foot the entire time. Did I see correctly we only had 35% possession? Marco played it safe with a sit back and counter attack plan. It won't work every week but it was a nice change to get the 3 points. If you want a laugh then check the last few pages when we started talking about clenching bum holes. It was about 40 minutes straight of watching Perth dominate our back third.

Anyone hitting Geelong next weekend?

Yep.
Probably the most anticipated fixture for me this season considering it’s our only true away day in the state.
Hope we bring 10k plus.

Also credit to WU for keeping ticket prices reasonable. $20 for GA is good value for A League, MV charge $30 plus handling which is a bit of a rip and hard to justify when games can be hit and miss.

Yep.
Probably the most anticipated fixture for me this season considering it’s our only true away day in the state.
Hope we bring 10k plus.

Also credit to WU for keeping ticket prices reasonable. $20 for GA is good value for A League, MV charge $30 plus handling which is a bit of a rip and hard to justify when games can be hit and miss.

A stand up for the Victory chant may cause a few issues down in the Victorian Coober Pedy!!!

Who's travelling to Geelong for the brilliant time of 4pm on a Sunday to watch a team that will be moved permanently to the windy(?) City by 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's this s**t about us losing Ola? Why take the captaincy if you don't want to stick it out?
Wouldn't be surprised if that helped keep him for this year tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back