Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
What Australian manager could fill the boots though? I would have taken Stajcic over Kurz. Always thought Popovic would be awesome a bigger, well resourced club but then we're just going down the same path. Sure there are plenty of OS hacks but getting a good one who would bring new ideas to the league would be a good thing.

And hopefully we got Rojas' signature before turning the coach.
Anyone listening to SEN right now?

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Negatory. Anything worthwhile?
Haha.
No, nothing really special from the part i heard.
Dave Davudovitch reckoned Kurtz wasn't at the level required by the biggest club in OZ.
His body language was too laid back and also implying he was out of his depth. ( that's why i asked, did i hear that right?)
Victory fans angered by his tactics.
No matter, he's gone.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Rojas was kept in the loop about the Kurz situation, wasn't a factor either way. Expected at AAMI for a Medical on Thursday.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Dipietro seems to be hiding something he just keeps repeating “performances and results” and “Facts”
I think something deeper within the club is at play here. Player revolt, split board I don’t know but the club just doesn’t feel right atm.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
People are quick to throw shade at Trimmers but they quickly forget all the quality foreign players we have brought in. The last two seasons haven't been great (Ola aside) but his record is pretty good.

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dipietro seems to be hiding something he just keeps repeating “performances and results” and “Facts”
I think something deeper within the club is at play here. Player revolt, split board I don’t know but the club just doesn’t feel right atm.
Your gut feel is probably right.
Dave Davudovitch said on SEN just before pretty much the same thing.
They knew they had to move despite the recent encouraging performance and the perception that the public may see the "unlucky" defeat the other day as saving his position.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006

There's been a bit of scuttlebutt today that he was on the nose after the Mariners game, he didn't realise, and then opposing the Rojas/Dobras move was the final nail in his coffin.

I may be proven wrong in the coming months, but I don't really feel any conspiracy theory here. Kurz never felt like a good fit to me from the day he was signed, and our results on the pitch did nothing to disprove that.

I hope it's a lesson learned. Our fanbase aren't going to cop a manager rejected by another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back