2019/20 Melbourne Victory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have made no secret of the fact that I feel like the club had strayed from its football identity and culture, and I want to help lead the solution.

"Everyone who loves this club wants to see us back playing the Victory way, and I want our members and fans to be proud of how we go about our business.

"It's going to take a lot of hard work but I'm excited about the challenge. The first step will be to build a highly competitive squad.”

He is saying that right things at least

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I think you‘re still needing to pay for a match day ticket once supporters are allowed back at the stadium which contributes to the membership. maybe... Something like that anyway.

I know that bit but it's giving me the base amount (before any purchase of tickets) of $190 for premium B but the monthly amount is $38 which is double at $380 for the year :shrug:

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
$190 admin fee 😂

All I can think is that it's combining both of my memberships for me and my missus. I pay for hers and she pays for mine lol (don't ask) but I don't know why I would be getting the email for hers as it's all in her name. That was another odd thing because in the email it lists both of our memberships. I'll have to call the club when I stop procrastinating.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
All I can think is that it's combining both of my memberships for me and my missus. I pay for hers and she pays for mine lol (don't ask) but I don't know why I would be getting the email for hers as it's all in her name. That was another odd thing because in the email it lists both of our memberships. I'll have to call the club when I stop procrastinating.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Finally caught up with the conference and stuff. I know it's only words but Grant was pretty well spoken. Great answers and it's good to hear he's already started working on the team. I'm feeling pretty good with the appointment at the moment.

Plus how can you dislike that Scottish accent.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Expecting us to sign some Scots now he has been appointed full time manager.

Maybe Scott McDonald, Scott Neville

Not sure if the news of Hope and Kenny leaving is new or not. First I've seen it.

As well as Basha, midfielder Josh Hope, strikers Kenny Athiu and Andrew Nabbout and defenders Benjamin Carrigan, Giancarlo Gallifuoco and James Donachie have also parted company with the former champions.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I think I was Josh Hope's last fan, but even I saw the writing on the wall when Brebs wouldn't start him. I'd like to think that he'll land elsewhere in the A-League, but Muscat, Carlos, Brebs and to a lesser extent Kurz all had chances to play him in relatively meaningless games and didn't, so you have to question his ability I guess.

Kenny & GG have probably done their dash in the A-league - ditching the Mariners was a really poor career move for GG - but I'm not sure about Carrigan. I was very mindful that he was thrown in the deep end at the time, but in his first start a couple of months ago he looked so far out of his depth and cost us a couple of goals. He might be a depth player for a CCM or Knights, but that's probably best case scenario.

As for Basha and Kenny, I have a hard time saying "good riddance" about guys who clearly worked really hard and cared about the shirt, but I'm glad they're gone.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think I was Josh Hope's last fan, but even I saw the writing on the wall when Brebs wouldn't start him. I'd like to think that he'll land elsewhere in the A-League, but Muscat, Carlos, Brebs and to a lesser extent Kurz all had chances to play him in relatively meaningless games and didn't, so you have to question his ability I guess.

Kenny & GG have probably done their dash in the A-league - ditching the Mariners was a really poor career move for GG - but I'm not sure about Carrigan. I was very mindful that he was thrown in the deep end at the time, but in his first start a couple of months ago he looked so far out of his depth and cost us a couple of goals. He might be a depth player for a CCM or Knights, but that's probably best case scenario.

As for Basha and Kenny, I have a hard time saying "good riddance" about guys who clearly worked really hard and cared about the shirt, but I'm glad they're gone.
Has the talent but not sure he has the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back