2019/20 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in he wrote worse stuff, or idiots were poosting abusive stuff?
He wrote worse stuff, something about wishing he was playing for a different club

I found it pretty easy to defend his win last year in the face of a lot of critics.

This season his win is genuinely befuddling. I know he missed the end, but Toivenen not winning suggests this medal is fixed to ensure we don't have a winner who buggered off months ago, and who was easily our best player despite the fact that he didn't look to be actually trying that hard after Christmas.

Remember what a one-man team we were? Remember how utterly hopeless the rest of the squad was anywhere near the 18 yard box?

If it weren't a medal of marginal importance, being held at the end of our worst ever season, buried on a Friday night in COVID times without the likelihood of even a newspaper article, it'd be a scandal.

Alas, no one really cares about these awards.

I'd argue that Thomas, possible Donachie and maybe even Roux should've been ahead of Brox.

I found it pretty easy to defend his win last year in the face of a lot of critics.

This season his win is genuinely befuddling. I know he missed the end, but Toivenen not winning suggests this medal is fixed to ensure we don't have a winner who buggered off months ago, and who was easily our best player despite the fact that he didn't look to be actually trying that hard after Christmas.

Remember what a one-man team we were? Remember how utterly hopeless the rest of the squad was anywhere near the 18 yard box?

If it weren't a medal of marginal importance, being held at the end of our worst ever season, buried on a Friday night in COVID times without the likelihood of even a newspaper article, it'd be a scandal.

Alas, no one really cares about these awards.

I'd argue that Thomas, possible Donachie and maybe even Roux should've been ahead of Brox.

You are probably right about Toivanen, I don't know the critiria of the award but Toivanen did seem to look disinterested throughout the season which probably payed a part of him not winning!

Thomas maybe through I thought he had a poor season for his standards the other two you mentioned no way! Both had poor seasons. Raux only started to play well during these last five matches and Donachie I can't remember a match in which he stood out!!

Last edited:
I know its early but it's a bit slight concern seeing the lack of moves/Victory links to out of contract players while City/Macarthur are chasing young talent.

Appreciate there's the wage cut overhang, but shades of last season where we left all our business late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its early but it's a bit slight concern seeing the lack of moves/Victory links to out of contract players while City/Macarthur are chasing young talent.

Appreciate there's the wage cut overhang, but shades of last season where we left all our business late.
We are well ****ed

Not surprising.. in fact its the norm. We should be use to how the club is run by now under the ADP regime.

I'm paid up along with my 2 sons for Season 2020/21. Would like to here some more recruitment news though.
Yeah I let my membership roll over for nothing more than I am not sure what other members are doing and don't want the clubs viablity compromised in the short term (like my pissy membership would matter but you get what I mean).

No idea who we sign. Not against having a tonne of youth in the team to be honest, hard to choose anyone though conisdering there has been no NPL (outside of Tassie - I think). With leagues around the world kicking off or about to start we'd want to get someone rather shortly considering their first two weeks will be inside a hotel alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back