NRL 2020 NRL trial games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Daily terror

Thursday, March 12
Eels v Bulldogs, Bankwest Stadium (Nine/Fox League), 8.05pm (all Sydney times)

Friday, March 13
Raiders v Titans, GIO Stadium (Fox League), 6.00pm
Cowboys v Broncos, Townsville Stadium (Nine/Fox League), 8.05pm

Saturday, March 14
Knights v Warriors, McDonald Jones Stadium (Fox League), 3.00pm
Rabbitohs v Sharks, ANZ Stadium (Fox League), 5.30pm
Panthers v Roosters, Panthers Stadium (Fox League), 7.35pm

Sunday, March 15
Sea Eagles v Storm, Lottoland (Nine/Fox League), 4.05pm
Dragons v Tigers, WIN Stadium (Fox League), 6.15pm

Daily terror

Thursday, March 12
Eels v Bulldogs, Bankwest Stadium (Nine/Fox League), 8.05pm (all Sydney times)

Friday, March 13
Raiders v Titans, GIO Stadium (Fox League), 6.00pm
Cowboys v Broncos, Townsville Stadium (Nine/Fox League), 8.05pm

Saturday, March 14
Knights v Warriors, McDonald Jones Stadium (Fox League), 3.00pm
Rabbitohs v Sharks, ANZ Stadium (Fox League), 5.30pm
Panthers v Roosters, Panthers Stadium (Fox League), 7.35pm

Sunday, March 15
Sea Eagles v Storm, Lottoland (Nine/Fox League), 4.05pm
Dragons v Tigers, WIN Stadium (Fox League), 6.15pm

Neither grand finalist on Nine :drunk:

Manly star Manase Fainu has been charged with malicious wounding and refused bail after turning himself in to police this morning over his role in a church dance brawl that resulted in a man being stabbed.

Fainu handed himself in to Liverpool Police Station at about 8am (AEDT) on Tuesday morning with his manager Mario Tartak and legal representative, Elias Tabchouri. He is currently in court and is expected to be charged with a further offence.

So long Sammy Burgess

Will never forget this image

View attachment 772279

I don't go for Souths but that GF will live on in history as one of the best.

Slamming Sam, one of the best English imports here and one of the great forwards to play this game.

Also well done to Matt Gillett on a great career. He played 20 times for Qld. Outstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn right they didn't! The only crumb of comfort I take from this shambles is that if it hastens Bennett's departure, it will not have been entirely wasted. And it looks like it is doing.

Damn right they didn't! The only crumb of comfort I take from this shambles is that if it hastens Bennett's departure, it will not have been entirely wasted. And it looks like it is doing.

PNG about to perform the last rights.

Well deserved win. One thing that struck me, was for all the talk about the physicality of the Kumuls, and the intimidating atmosphere, I hardly recall any serious piece of foul play by either side. Was there even a pen for a high shot? I know the ref in international matches tend to let more go than in the NRL, but GB were beaten fair and square. And not many of that side could watch a replay and be satisfied with the their effort. PNG's kicking game was hardly in the Cooper Cronk class, but is was still way better than GB's and, crucially, on more than one occasion PNG turned a poor kick into a good one by an enthusiastic chase.

Enormous criticism of Hodgson over here, with many feeling Clark should have got the shirt. I think it's a bit more nuanced than that; Hodgson is a good player,but it's fair to say his impact at international level has been ordinary at best. I suppose at Canberra he is the top dog, virtually playing as a extra half, but looks less at ease (and less effective) under Bennett's system (assuming he has one!) for England/GB.

Austin wasn't great, and again has copped a lot of criticism over here (why is this Aussie in the side, etc), but I at least give him points for effort on a pretty awful situation, playing a position he was quite unfamiliar with. Which summed up the complete lack of direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back