2019/20 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anybody had any success in contacting our reigning premier loopy_cam? I'm getting a little concerned about the lack of activity this deep into the off-season.

He last messaged me about a trade proposal in mid-September.

As someone with an active bid on one of his players, I’d be happy to freeze movement on all of his list until we can confirm if he’s still continuing.

He last messaged me about a trade proposal in mid-September.

As someone with an active bid on one of his players, I’d be happy to freeze movement on all of his list until we can confirm if he’s still continuing.
That's similar to the timing of the last reply I got and I've sent several messages since.

I'll keep it active for now, but if I can't get any confirmation by 6PM Saturday I might have to freeze bids and perhaps even temporarily takeover the management of the team.

loopy_cam please confirm your activity here or by undertaking actions in the off-season thread.

Delistments
If you want to delist a contracted player, you must post that in this thread. For players with multiple years remaining, you will pay out all those years in 2020.

If you want a 50% or 100% discount you must post twice:
1) To request that reduction, which I will approve or deny.
2) After you get that response you must post again to confirm the delistment based on that approval/denial. If it is not approved at the time you post the delistment, you will not get that discount.

You will automatically get a 25% discount for players who do not end up on a 2020 AFL list, unless their contract was signed this off-season.

If you are 100% sure you want to delist an uncontracted player, you can post that here to have them removed from your list at the next update. All uncontracted players at the end of the bidding period are automatically delisted.

Approved Discounts

Denied Discounts

Confirmed Delistments

DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU ARE 100% SURE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO - NO SECOND CHANCES

Amnesties

Every team with a new coach can choose to tear up the contract of one player. These players will then become uncontracted players and are subject to the usual bidding process, therefore amnesty nominations close at 6pm on November 12.

Confirmed Amnesties

Players who get delisted by the AFL club after one year of our compulsory 2 year contracts, do we get 100%? (See Robbie Young)

Players who get delisted by the AFL club after one year of our compulsory 2 year contracts, do we get 100%? (See Robbie Young)
Yes. Young can be delisted and you pay 0% of his salary. However if he is re-drafted by an AFL team then it jumps back up to no discount.

Delisting Contracted players
Contracted players may be delisted but:
  • Those who walk away due to lack of motivation or similar will have their contract terminated immediately with no further payment.
  • Those who are first year players and are delisted by their AFL club and not picked up in any AFL draft can be delisted with no further payment.
  • Those who retire due to injury must be paid 50% of their contracted salary per year remaining on the contract.
  • Those who are delisted by or pushed into retirement by their AFL clubs (i.e. not on an AFL list and not meeting any of the above criteria), and were on their current contract during the season, must be paid 75% of their contracted salary per year remaining on the contract.
  • Other players must be paid 100% of their contracted salary per year remaining on the contract.
Clubs must apply to the AFL for either of the first three, otherwise one of the bottom two will be assumed. Where a 50% reduction is granted, this may be paid out over 2 years for contract with more than 2 years to run. All other payouts must be paid in a lump sum at the time of the delistment out of the salary cap for the forthcoming year.

These payments are to be made by the delisting club unless another club picks up that player through a trade or draft. In this case the delisting club must pay any difference between the initial contract and the new contract offered by the new club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone is looking for young KPP with oodles of potential I'm contemplating trading Noah Balta. Open to any offers or discussion.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back