2019/20 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking for defenders and midfielders. Have a lot of forwards up for trade like Toby Greene and Cameron Zurhaar.

Potentially looking to move up from my current pick 8 in the draft in some sort of pick swap. My current picks are: Pick 8, Pick 28, Pick 29 and Pick 61

Lists have been updated again. A couple of notes:
  • Auckland (Marklar_33) you have a combined 46 contracted players and unpassable picks. This is 2 over the senior/veteran list limit of 44.
  • Gold Coast (sausageroll) you have a combined 45 contracted players and unpassable picks. This is 1 over the senior/veteran list limit of 44.
  • Tasmania (Pie 4 Life) you are over the salary cap.
As usual, if anyone thinks they have found a mistake with the lists then please let me know.

• Auckland (Marklar_33) you have a combined 46 contracted players and unpassable picks. This is 2 over the senior/veteran list limit of 44.
  • Gold Coast (sausageroll) you have a combined 45 contracted players and unpassable picks. This is 1 over the senior/veteran list limit of 44.
As usual, if anyone thinks they have found a mistake with the lists then please let me know.
I forgot to to add:
  • West Adelaide (Hatchy1992) you have a combined 48 contracted players and unpassable picks. This is 4 over the senior/veteran list limit of 44.
The recent two delisting brings this number down to 46.

I forgot to to add:
  • West Adelaide (Hatchy1992) you have a combined 48 contracted players and unpassable picks. This is 4 over the senior/veteran list limit of 44.
Yep. I have 2 retirees that I will wi
I forgot to to add:
Yep, I still have a further 2 players to add to the delistings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, sh!t. I thought list numbers was 45. I was pretty much just waiting for the end of the trade period.

Ok. So I need to trade one player away.

I need to reduce my list numbers by one so if anyone is interested in any of the following, contact me by PM...

Ryan Abbott
Joe Atley
Matthew Buntine
Shane McAdam

Looking for an upgrade on pick 49. Can upgrade or downgrade picks 23 and 25 as well to find the right balance in a deal.

They're probably my more preferred trades at this stage but will consider trading other players in the right deal.
Can also potentially do a 2 for 1 deal if there are more than one player you're interested in. Or even two for a pick.

With players delisted in their first season - is the 100% discount only for players on afl senior lists, or are afl rookie listed players who are let go after a year also 100% discounted? Eg. Tom McKenzie
Either Senior or Rookie AFL list.

Basically if there was no option to choose the player's contract when you drafted them then the 100% discount can apply if their AFL club delisted the player after just one year on the list.

Of course with all discounts there is the chance they are redrafted by an AFL club which then means the discount no longer applies.

Either Senior or Rookie AFL list.

Basically if there was no option to choose the player's contract when you drafted them then the 100% discount can apply if their AFL club delisted the player after just one year on the list.

Of course with all discounts there is the chance they are redrafted by an AFL club which then means the discount no longer applies.

I thought it wasn’t if we drafted AFL rookies in the national draft?

I thought it wasn’t if we drafted AFL rookies in the national draft?
It's not the way I have applied it, particularly when late in the draft sometimes only rookie players or previously listed players are all that's left to choose from.

From the rules thread:
Those who are first year players and are delisted by their AFL club and not picked up in any AFL draft can be delisted with no further payment.

If by chance anybody wants to cut down on numbers or is slightly over the cap I'm happy to do some 2 for 1 deals (2 coming my way) so I don't need to use so many picks

Should players who have never been on an AFLTM list be draftee wage and rules in the draft?
In the old rules that was the case, but with the introduction of the mid-season draft and SPP selections I have changed this as we now have a pre-season competition draft and mid-season draft for AFLTM as well. Now it is just players who have never been on an AFL list. Not sure if I have updated the rules post on it yet though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back