Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

8476353734bba170a443beaf32aa6d6d.jpg

From this training pic there is nothing to worry about with Nic. Just a bad angle with the previous pic. Maybe he was taking a deep breath in when it was taken? Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WHY'S HE BREATHING DEEPLY HUH?!??!?!?!??!! UBER EATS THAT'S Y
BLOODy MEDICOS ITALIAN HERB AND FOLD THE CLUB IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As is normal for these open training sessions it was pretty low key so not a lot to report on to be honest.
  • Hickey, Sheed and Yeo were all no shows. Shuey also did very little
  • As has been mentioned Gov worked away from the main group doing some running and not much else
  • Likewise Allen, Vardy and Ah Chee worked with fitness staff
  • Naitanui did the warmup exercises then disappeared, possibly to get his ubereats order
  • First year players trained but sat out some drills. Main thing I noticed was how small Ben Johnson is. Mo’neill I only spotted at the end standing on the boundary so not sure if he was involved earlier but I don’t think so
  • Brady grey trained with the main group. Didn’t see Reid. Pihckett wasn’t there
  • Barrass did most of the session and looks to have recovered well. He’s certainly ahead of Gov
  • Could be a breakout year for Rotham. Had a taste last year and looks more assured like he believes he belongs
  • Nelson is training really strongly. Seems determined to push himself at every opportunity
  • Liking the development of Williams. Long way to go before the season starts but he’s be a smoky for a round 1 debut
  • Watching Brander collect balls below his knees at pace it’s easy to forget he’s ~195cm. Very clean
  • Watched Ainsworth for a bit hoping to see something that I could use to dispel arguments that he’s not very good. Didn’t see anything. Given time and space he can hit targets by foot no problems but as soon as he has to rush his kicking action lets him down
  • The ease with which Jetta kicks to someone >40m away is a thing of beauty
  • Kennedy also did most of the session
  • Kelly looks to be settling in well

Thanks for the report mate. So you watched Bubba pretty closely. Has his kicking improved at all? Is his hand still under the ball or is it more to the side/top? Are his kicks more penetrating? Which drills were you watching him do? Does he seem fit? Covering the ground well? What was going wrong with his kicks when he was under pressure that you allude to?

Just on Johnson, I noticed hes pretty slim in the upper body, but (if I was looking at the right guy) he has pretty powerfully built legs no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back