Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the report mate. So you watched Bubba pretty closely. Has his kicking improved at all? Is his hand still under the ball or is it more to the side/top? Are his kicks more penetrating? Which drills were you watching him do? Does he seem fit? Covering the ground well? What was going wrong with his kicks when he was under pressure that you allude to?

Just on Johnson, I noticed hes pretty slim in the upper body, but (if I was looking at the right guy) he has pretty powerfully built legs no?

Probably a stretch to say I watched him pretty closely but I did look for him a bit to see how he was going

I think his hand was a bit more to the side but not 100% on that. Kicks no more penetrating because they tend to loop a bit due to his action

During a basic ball movement drill with no opposition pressure he could hit targets fine. There was another drill where it was essentially keepings off in a confined area with pressure being applied - in this instance he struggled to get a kick away cleanly because its not a quick hand to foot action

Fitness isn’t an issue but he still looks kinda skinny. That said so does Redden

Probably a stretch to say I watched him pretty closely but I did look for him a bit to see how he was going

I think his hand was a bit more to the side but not 100% on that. Kicks no more penetrating because they tend to loop a bit due to his action

During a basic ball movement drill with no opposition pressure he could hit targets fine. There was another drill where it was essentially keepings off in a confined area with pressure being applied - in this instance he struggled to get a kick away cleanly because its not a quick hand to foot action

Fitness isn’t an issue but he still looks kinda skinny. That said so does Redden

How did Xavier O'Neill go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I have been cooperating fully with the ongoing investigation and I will continue to do so. I cannot discuss any of the details. I am looking forward to getting back to some training.”

Grasping a bit here but does that read like he may have a pretty good idea of what the outcome might be?

“I have been cooperating fully with the ongoing investigation and I will continue to do so. I cannot discuss any of the details. I am looking forward to getting back to some training.”

Grasping a bit here but does that read like he may have a pretty good idea of what the outcome might be?
Not to me

Player down during a match sim. Couldn’t see who it was and worried when the stretcher came out

Feel bad when I say I was relieved to see it was Isaiah McKenzie that eventually stood up and limped off the ground with assistance from trainers

JK was dominant

Is that Venales to WR's right and who's the other indigenous boy on his left in the vid?

McKenzie to willies right

Frankie Watson to his left

Does anyone know what Willie training with the main group mean? Why is he allowed back now before the hearing?

Does anyone know what Willie training with the main group mean? Why is he allowed back now before the hearing?

You are allowed to train while provisionally suspended, just not play any competitive matches.

If/when he is officially banned then he won't be allowed to train with the club

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back