Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this make or break for DV? He's out of contract this year. Through a combination of factors we've got very little return from him. If he wasn't such a high pick I'd think he was facing a spell on the rookie list. More concerning is he might decide it's time for a fresh start back home.

It is maybe too early to speculate so wildly but it's one to keep an eye on as the season unfolds. Really hope he gets a good run at it this year and gets over his concussion symptoms.

I would do the humane thing and release DV from the AFL environment if the symptoms persist ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Allen still in rehab is probably the club being ultra conservative in letting the surgical wound heal fully.

Once that's healed I assume he'll be able to catch up quite quickly.

Gov is a worry for rd 1, but Allen, Barrass and Schofield should be good imo.

Allen still in rehab is probably the club being ultra conservative in letting the surgical wound heal fully.

Once that's healed I assume he'll be able to catch up quite quickly.

Gov is a worry for rd 1, but Allen, Barrass and Schofield should be good imo.
Rotham and Watson floating around to replace Gov.. give him as long as he needs

Tempered expectations are the best sort of expectations.

They are.

I went to watch the Star Wars movie at Christmas after reading about how crap it was. So off I went, tempered and ready to be disappointed.

But the movie was fine, pretty good I thought. Enjoyed it fully.

So nothing wrong with a bit of tempering!!!!

They are.

I went to watch the Star Wars movie at Christmas after reading about how crap it was. So off I went, tempered and ready to be disappointed.

But the movie was fine, pretty good I thought. Enjoyed it fully.

So nothing wrong with a bit of tempering!!!!

Think that's a pretty common theme for most of the fans who hated TLJ. Not a good movie but not as bad as originally thought.

Meanwhile the numpties who enjoyed TLJ seemed to be outraged over this particular film.

My boycott continues until it's available for download. Can't be far off now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think that's a pretty common theme for most of the fans who hated TLJ. Not a good movie but not as bad as originally thought.

Meanwhile the numpties who enjoyed TLJ seemed to be outraged over this particular film.

My boycott continues until it's available for download. Can't be far off now.

I too won’t be giving Disney any of my money after they butchered Star Wars. I’ll wait til it’s free and even then I may not even watch it due to how bad the sequels have been so far and the storyline in this one. Absolute trash and we all know it.

I too won’t be giving Disney any of my money after they butchered Star Wars. I’ll wait til it’s free and even then I may not even watch it due to how bad the sequels have been so far and the storyline in this one. Absolute trash and we all know it.
Both the last two movies have been fine and ive enjoyed them both thoroughly. And if you haven't shelled out for Disney plus for the Mandalorian series then you really have missed out. Do the free 7 day sign up, watch the series and get back to me.

Both the last two movies have been fine and ive enjoyed them both thoroughly. And if you haven't shelled out for Disney plus for the Mandalorian series then you really have missed out. Do the free 7 day sign up, watch the series and get back to me.
TLJ is fine?

Delete your account.

Star Wars is pretty boring anyway, like the Marvel movies. They sort of function as escapism in my eyes - not to discount those who watch them, but they are, in my opinion, a bit divorced from reality.

I would say the problem with Star Wars to begin with is the fact that the morality within it is so clearly defined, same as with superhero movies. Thanos = bad and Ironman = good, while with Stars Wars is pretty much the forces of evil (Sith) vs the forces of good (Jedi). There's nothing messy about it; they're all very clean and well ordered.

Another issue with their popularity is they've basically turned into a machine for printing money. It was roughly 47 years ago that the Godfather made the most money ever for a film, mainly on it's artistic merit. Likewise, Titanic and Avatar were the same. They've now all been overtaken by Endgame, a film owned by the same company that now makes Star Wars, and which is slowly gaining a monopoly over the entertainment industry.

Not to say Endgame or TLJ aren't well made films, they certainly are - they wouldn't be as popular otherwise, but the problem with them is precisely the genre they belong to, which is far to susceptible to complete commodification.

Apologies for breaking up the star wars chat in a preseason training thread but seems Shuey is a Brander fan

Apologies for breaking up the star wars chat in a preseason training thread but seems Shuey is a Brander fan

Did lol at the first line of that article.

“West Coast Eagles fans have not seen the best of exciting utility Jarrod Brander”

I should hope not, the campaigner has only played in 3 games which were all losses.

Link to the audio of the Shuey interview mentioned in the article

This press conference with Schofield yesterday is also a good listen. He’s very articulate and gives good insight with his answers

Star Wars is pretty boring anyway, like the Marvel movies. They sort of function as escapism in my eyes - not to discount those who watch them, but they are, in my opinion, a bit divorced from reality.

I would say the problem with Star Wars to begin with is the fact that the morality within it is so clearly defined, same as with superhero movies. Thanos = bad and Ironman = good, while with Stars Wars is pretty much the forces of evil (Sith) vs the forces of good (Jedi). There's nothing messy about it; they're all very clean and well ordered.

Another issue with their popularity is they've basically turned into a machine for printing money. It was roughly 47 years ago that the Godfather made the most money ever for a film, mainly on it's artistic merit. Likewise, Titanic and Avatar were the same. They've now all been overtaken by Endgame, a film owned by the same company that now makes Star Wars, and which is slowly gaining a monopoly over the entertainment industry.

Not to say Endgame or TLJ aren't well made films, they certainly are - they wouldn't be as popular otherwise, but the problem with them is precisely the genre they belong to, which is far to susceptible to complete commodification.

And this is why the Dune remake over several films should be awesome. Much more complicated, messy and closer to reality.

In this case the lid is off. No tempering expectations.

Is this make or break for DV? He's out of contract this year. Through a combination of factors we've got very little return from him. If he wasn't such a high pick I'd think he was facing a spell on the rookie list. More concerning is he might decide it's time for a fresh start back home.

It is maybe too early to speculate so wildly but it's one to keep an eye on as the season unfolds. Really hope he gets a good run at it this year and gets over his concussion symptoms.

You are aware that you are talking about the 4th-youngest player in the history of the club to have won a premiership (the youngest in 24 years).

He has only just turned 21 and has played as many games.

Shuey was in a not-too-dissimilar place at the same age.

The talent is there, he just needs to get his body right and his confidence up.

Have faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back