Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Tommy Cole, Nelson and Jake all looking very lean. Not sure what we are thinking if we are slimming down our mid age bracket guys.
Jake looks to haven't changed TBH.

Oscar seems to have put some size on this off season. Saw him next to Brander and Bines in an Insta story and he looked to be the biggest of the 3.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So, just arriving home from a Claremont Football Club Function and have an update on Alec Waterman.

The guy had put his hand up for mid season draft and again for national draft. There is a question mark on his endurance and he is aware of the concern. Not had suitors. One of his team mates has indicated that he is putting in the long yards and re-building his tank. So far he is hitting his targets, question is can he get back to prior levels. His team mate says yes.

Claremont are taking a longer term view and believe he will be at Tigerland for all of 2020. If we draft Alec - it will be in 12 months time. Plans to ease Alec through the midfield at Claremont so he will show whether it is hope or more realistic.

As for Jye Bolton - he has just found WA love so he ain’t looking to move away. The hairy magnet will keep him in Perth for the foreseeable future. He had some job offers but is staying in real estate and WAFL.

Last edited:

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
So, just arriving home from a Claremont Football Club Function and have an update on Alec Waterman.

The guy had put his hand up for mid season draft and again for national draft. There is a question mark on his endurance and he is aware of the concern. Not had suitors. One of his team mates has indicated that he is putting in the long yards and re-building his tank. So far he is hitting his targets, question is can he get back to prior levels. His team mate says yes.

Claremont are taking a longer term view and believe he will be at Tigerland for all of 2020. If we draft Alec - it will be in 12 months time. Plans to ease Alec through the midfield at Claremont so he will show whether it is hope or more realistic.

As for Jye Bolton - he has just found WA love do he ain’t looking to move away. The hairy magnet will keep him in Perth for the foreseeable future. He had some job offers but is staying in real estate and WAFL.
What was the inside word on Treacy?

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
What was the inside word on Treacy?
Good pick - Claremont see loads of upside with him. He had a shortened pre-season so did not see the most of him.

Proud to have 6 draftees and all good prospects. It will hurt them but there again they have pumped out top draftees for 30 years

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I thought you must have misheard that, surely a local journo hasn’t got it that wrong. But I watched the footage of the press conference and sure enough, someone said it.

For the record we had Rotham, Watson and Cameron debut, plus Hickey and Smith make club debuts.

On the subject of the train-on players, it sounded like there’s Pickett, one other WA boy and someone from interstate.

I’m hoping the other WA one is Robertson, I think he’d provide some important mature midfield depth which we don’t have much of.
Get to see a bit of Robertson as I'm now in Qld. Don't think I've ever seen anyone turn the ball over as much or give away free kicks as easily. The guy tries his guts out, puts his body on the line and is as tough as they come. There are good reasons why Brissie delisted him and I doubt the Eagles will pick him up for the same reasons

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Also, any O'Neill interviews floating around?

Have the potential SSP guys starting training with us yet? Surely the mystery 3rd guy will be revealed soon.

Isaya McKenzie was out there. He’s pretty small and has a big bushranger style beard so looks like a Schofield mini-me. Neat left foot kick

No sign of Pickett or the mystery third musketeer

Keys I'm missing the days where you'd fill our veins with daily training reports. Surely someone can get down to a session soon to give us our fix?

Not much to report in today and from the sound of things nothing much likely until the new year. They go down south all of next week on the community camp and then break for Christmas

A lot of the senior guys didn’t train nor did the new draftees. Those that did train look in good nick and it was great to see TK running around in eagles colours

Also, any O'Neill interviews floating around?

Hasn’t done an official interview as an eagle yet but I’m told he might be paraded to the media for the first time on Friday

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Isaya McKenzie was out there. He’s pretty small and has a big bushranger style beard so looks like a Schofield mini-me. Neat left foot kick

No sign of Pickett or the mystery third musketeer

Not much to report in today and from the sound of things nothing much likely until the new year. They go down south all of next week on the community camp and then break for Christmas

A lot of the senior guys didn’t train nor did the new draftees. Those that did train look in good nick and it was great to see TK running around in eagles colours

Hasn’t done an official interview as an eagle yet but I’m told he might be paraded to the media for the first time on Friday
Thanks Keys!

Back