Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Think it's a great move. We need to get 30 to 50 games into Brander before Kennedy retires. KP forwards are expected to run all day in the modern game and spend half their time running through the midfield back and forth.

Maybe 15-20 games...

Some were retiring JK mid year last year - and many are already calling this his last year.

Even if he goes on next year, to get Brander to 30 games he would have to play 14 each season - likely on the wing mostly, by which point I'm not sure he would be able to step straight into a KP role.

That said, I still see Oallen as our JK replacement, with Brander as the 3rd/leading/roaming forward. The wing is a pretty good training role for that (and if he becomes an elite wingman then so be it!).

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Maybe 15-20 games...

Some were retiring JK mid year last year - and many are already calling this his last year.

Even if he goes on next year, to get Brander to 30 games he would have to play 14 each season - likely on the wing mostly, by which point I'm not sure he would be able to step straight into a KP role.

That said, I still see Oallen as our JK replacement, with Brander as the 3rd/leading/roaming forward. The wing is a pretty good training role for that (and if he becomes an elite wingman then so be it!).
He is the same height as P Cripps sooo

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBA: Thunder
Well we're due a Norm Smith wingman...

1992: P.Matera

2006: A.Embley

2020: J.Brander/A.Gaff

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is no joke!

I'm calling it now. In the next grand final we win, Brander will be playing on the wing.

He will be the type of utility that will change a match through strong marking all over the ground. That's the first check for getting the normie votes.
Next check will be the 3 goals he kicks. Bang!

Man this has me excited just thinking about it. I will be conflicted though in the bet placement with juicy odd Oscar Allen will have for first goal and most goals

Convocation

Premium Gold
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Ironic that I write this post without writing a training report, but 6+ pages without a training report in the 2019/2020 Preseason Training thread. We can only hope to hear more about how a player to take our last spot on the list is overweight, how much of a bargain price Petruccelli is for dreamteam/supercoach and Gaff's Free Agency get out clause is the Training report thread........

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Ironic that I write this post without writing a training report, but 6+ pages without a training report in the 2019/2020 Preseason Training thread. We can only hope to hear more about how a player to take our last spot on the list is overweight, how much of a bargain price Petruccelli is for dreamteam/supercoach and Gaff's Free Agency get out clause is the Training report thread........

You didn’t like 2018 ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Players trained today.

Barrass joined in most drills which was promising.

Gov trained away from the main group as did Allen :eek: , Vardy and Ah Chee. Hickey not spotted at all.

Edwards looks like he’s the same height as Williams.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Went to my first open training this morning, I was on the far oval most of the time so didn't see heaps and some of this could be wrong re players names but this is what I managed to write down:

- Darling looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. Waterman in particular seemed to be following him around.
- A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
- Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Pickett looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Pickett was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Mackenzie/Grey/Reid, I suppose.
- Williams went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Williams has the inside running at the moment.
- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2020.
- Kelly looked a class above the other midfielders bar Shuey. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session. O’Neill was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Shuey.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- No sign of Cole, Hickey or Ah Chee. Couldn't tell you why.
- Schofield was the player picked to kick the goal at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- Nelson is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
- Petch is very fast - Cripps was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
- What interested me the most was that McGovern split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2020. He was his usual dominant self down back in some match simulation drills before going head-to-head with Edwards in a forward role.
- Gee Venables has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.

Went to my first open training this morning, I was on the far oval most of the time so didn't see heaps and some of this could be wrong re players names but this is what I managed to write down:

- Darling looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. Waterman in particular seemed to be following him around.
- A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
- Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Pickett looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Pickett was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Mackenzie/Grey/Reid, I suppose.
- Williams went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Williams has the inside running at the moment.
- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2020.
- Kelly looked a class above the other midfielders bar Shuey. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session. O’Neill was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Shuey.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- No sign of Cole, Hickey or Ah Chee. Couldn't tell you why.
- Schofield was the player picked to kick the goal at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- Nelson is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
- Petch is very fast - Cripps was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
- What interested me the most was that McGovern split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2020. He was his usual dominant self down back in some match simulation drills before going head-to-head with Edwards in a forward role.
- Gee Venables has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
Reading this hurt my brain

agreed

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I was just hoping, hoping, as i scrolled down through all the boring trash, that somebody was going to post THE training report...

Thank you Squashy. I don't care about the format, i just need the content in my life :praying:
So..........2000 reportedly turned up to open training last week and no f***er this week?

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
FB_IMG_1579070744131.jpg

#Fatanui

Back