Training 2019/20 Preseason Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Nic Reid is in the team photo but no sign of either Grey or Pickett. There’s a couple of players obscured in the photo but a rough head count was 44, including Willie, so make of that what you will

Is Reid up the back next to Titchy Johnson?

Is Brander between Darling and Barrass?

By the process of elimination I think Hutch is the obscured player in the far bottom left. There may be another player obscured behind him. Actually it must be Treacy I think.

If the club was being smart they’d rotate the train-on players through the photo to cover all scenarios, in which case it may just be luck that Reid’s in this shot.

Yes to Allen behind Gov
Yes to Brander behind Ainsworth
No idea who is behind Watson - it’s not Edwards, he’s behind Sheppard
Williams and Vardy not in the mids photo
Pratt, formerly backs coach, photographed with the mids along with Rosa and Van Berlo
Graham who was the forwards coach with the backs
Not sure who that leaves as forwards coach since Hickmott is said to be coaching the Beagles. Webster?

I don't know how much we can read into all that but Brander photographed with the mids is exciting. Frase to coach the fwds 🔥

Is Reid up the back next to Titchy Johnson?

Is Brander between Darling and Barrass?

By the process of elimination I think Hutch is the obscured player in the far bottom left. There may be another player obscured behind him.

If the club was being smart they’d rotate the train-on players through the photo to cover all scenarios, in which case it may just be luck that Reid’s in this shot.

Hutch and Sheed over that side, Ven behind them if that helps

Screenshot_20200122-141223.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough photo talk, there was a training session this morning

• Hickey, Brayshaw and Reid doing laps only
• No sign of Gov. Eating pies with Pickett perhaps who’s also not there. As far as I could tell everyone else is present
• Allen and Barrass with main group for warmup
• Kick to kick done then goal kicking practice to round out the warmup
• Allen moves to the mcg for rehab work. Vardy joins him. And Schofield. And the lap trio (Hick, hammer and Reid)
• Skill drills including a wet ball station using eskies and detergent
• NicNat sitting out these drills. Disappeared not long after. Load management or getting his dreads looking good for the photo shoot. He was moving well during the bit of training he did do. More agile than I remember seeing him at training in recent seasons
• First time I’ve seen MO’neill actually train. Like the look of him. Hitting his targets by foot with ease
• Barrass moving well. Think Hagdorn’s concerns about his readiness for round one don’t have much basis
• JK spotting up targets on his left. He’s in good shape, get excited.
• Ball movement sharp during this drill moving the ball from one end of the oval to the other. Not much hitting the ground
• Splintered groups now across both ovals so a bit harder to keep track of who’s where and doing what
• Allen running well. He’s a pretty big unit now
• Venables in runners now so his ballwork is done for the day
• Kelly is a chunky mother, certainly a bigger body than our other mids
• Simmo casually signing autographs and taking selfies with fans along the boundary. Looks relaxed. Then pulls Willie out and sends him for a run around the back oval with the defenders
• Gov appears but only doing little kicks on boundary to Cripps. Hagdorn might be closer to the mark about his (lack of) availability for round one
• JK off on his own kicking goals
• Shuey working with Williams on directing ruck taps. The new captain didn’t do a lot today
• Defenders on mcg. Watson with them. Foley and Nelson
• Rotham runs through the middle with the ball. He’s quick when he has a head of steam up
• Allen still running Forrest Gump style. Stopped after about 45
• BJ has a good leg for a little fella
• Williams separate from the rest and practicing kicking at goal
• Big group of players now running on mcg (excluding first and second years). First time in a long time I’ve seen the players as a group running only without balls
• Watson doing extra running as training winds down. Players in numerous small groups doing whatever takes their fancy before breaking to sign autographs

Light but sharp session with no contact work. Close to a full squad out there with minimal numbers in rehab - Gov the biggest, but arguably only, concern at the moment

Venables has very unfortunate genetics. Bald by 20 is rough. even if Joe Rogan has made bald sexy.

Enough photo talk, there was a training session this morning

• Hickey, Brayshaw and Reid doing laps only
• No sign of Gov. Eating pies with Pickett perhaps who’s also not there. As far as I could tell everyone else is present
• Allen and Barrass with main group for warmup
• Kick to kick done then goal kicking practice to round out the warmup
• Allen moves to the mcg for rehab work. Vardy joins him. And Schofield. And the lap trio (Hick, hammer and Reid)
• Skill drills including a wet ball station using eskies and detergent
• NicNat sitting out these drills. Disappeared not long after. Load management or getting his dreads looking good for the photo shoot. He was moving well during the bit of training he did do. More agile than I remember seeing him at training in recent seasons
• First time I’ve seen MO’neill actually train. Like the look of him. Hitting his targets by foot with ease
• Barrass moving well. Think Hagdorn’s concerns about his readiness for round one don’t have much basis
• JK spotting up targets on his left. He’s in good shape, get excited.
• Ball movement sharp during this drill moving the ball from one end of the oval to the other. Not much hitting the ground
• Splintered groups now across both ovals so a bit harder to keep track of who’s where and doing what
• Allen running well. He’s a pretty big unit now
• Venables in runners now so his ballwork is done for the day
• Kelly is a chunky mother, certainly a bigger body than our other mids
• Simmo casually signing autographs and taking selfies with fans along the boundary. Looks relaxed. Then pulls Willie out and sends him for a run around the back oval with the defenders
• Gov appears but only doing little kicks on boundary to Cripps. Hagdorn might be closer to the mark about his (lack of) availability for round one
• JK off on his own kicking goals
• Shuey working with Williams on directing ruck taps. The new captain didn’t do a lot today
• Defenders on mcg. Watson with them. Foley and Nelson
• Rotham runs through the middle with the ball. He’s quick when he has a head of steam up
• Allen still running Forrest Gump style. Stopped after about 45
• BJ has a good leg for a little fella
• Williams separate from the rest and practicing kicking at goal
• Big group of players now running on mcg (excluding first and second years). First time in a long time I’ve seen the players as a group running only without balls
• Watson doing extra running as training winds down. Players in numerous small groups doing whatever takes their fancy before breaking to sign autographs

Light but sharp session with no contact work. Close to a full squad out there with minimal numbers in rehab - Gov the biggest, but arguably only, concern at the moment
How'd Bailey Williams and O'Neill look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back