List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan was a rather speculative pick even though he was a high pick. Just hasn't come on as we had hoped but Pyke did him no favours and we may never know. Would have been traded end of the year. Not sure what will happen now after his achilles but likely still traded for probably very little.
Wasn't really speculative at all, we got him around his projected range.

I think we can agree that he suffered from the Pyke HFF valley of death role.

I do wonder how he'd go under a coach like Nicks who seems determined to see what his list is worth.

I think we can agree that he suffered from the Pyke HFF valley of death role.

I do wonder how he'd go under a coach like Nicks who seems determined to see what his list is worth.
In the end he has nobody to blame but himself. Was actually fairly decent in first half of showdown 1 last year until getting concussed. Didn't touch it afterwards.

Hasn't played since.

now this is where the club should be making big noises to lock in McAsey and Worrell this year - put the heat on them as if they stall, we will know sooner rather than later that they are gone

We have to give Nick's time. They would walk out the door at the moment regardless of the money. Nick has to sell belief that he is capable of turning things around.

Was tracking okay until his concussion last year - not too dissimilar to Florent and Simpkin up until that stage. Seemed to just give up completely after that though. His SANFL finals series was really poor.

1​
Non-Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
1​
Non-Free Agent​
9​
Restricted Free Agent​
14​
Unrestricted Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​
8​
Restricted Free Agent​
4​
Non-Free Agent​
3​
Non-Free Agent​
7​
Non-Free Agent​
8​
Restricted Free Agent​
2​
Non-Free Agent​

Mackay , Strachan, Wilson , Knight are all gone from my list

Crouch and Atkins on the trade table

Gallucci a 1 year extension

Proving themselves this year - Poholke , Stengle, Himmelberg

1/2 year smallish contract for Keays Crocker , Hartigan ,

NFI - Ayce Taylor

Jordan was a rather speculative pick even though he was a high pick. Just hasn't come on as we had hoped but Pyke did him no favours and we may never know. Would have been traded end of the year. Not sure what will happen now after his achilles but likely still traded for probably very little.
Speculative pick?

You're taking the piss yeah?

AFL Academy
Captain Eastern Ranges
Co-Captain Vic Metro
Draft Combine Star ( No.1 Repeat Sprints, No.1 Standing vertical jump (new record 89cm), Top 10 Beep test, Top 10 Running Vertical Jump)

1593269352656.png

Is going to the draft really the best idea for your club right now?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to do something similar to what St Kilda did last year? Bring in 4-5 experienced players to re-energize the squad?
Going to the draft at this point would be similar to what Melbourne did 10 years ago. Took them a while to escape the swamp.
******* absolutely if we get the selections right

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, I'm not trying to shoot the messenger.

I don't know where footywire is getting their information from. Surely those two are UFAs, not RFAs?
Yes I figured that - more just to point out it was footywire as some of their contract info has been suspect before

Pepper Pig. Unlikely. We have enough slow average mids that can't hit a target.

Is he really that slow? He had a good turn of acceleration when he came into this league, despite his size, though I don't watch Port that often.

Is he really that slow? He had a good turn of acceleration when he came into this league, despite his size, though I don't watch Port that often.
He's not quick which is what we need. Every player we draft or trade here on out must have elite pace, decent size and be able to run both ways. Afl is also likely going to bring in rules to stop the congestion making pace even more important.

Last edited:
Some really good players who are out of favour at other clubs like Fiorini, Blakely, Constable and Witherden. The problem is can we attract any interest because we are hardly the most attractive destination at the moment. I would go really hard for both Constable and Blakely and potentially even Fiorini would be handy.

On SM-T590 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some really good players who are out of favour at other clubs like Fiorini, Blakely, Constable and Witherden. The problem is can we attract any interest because we are hardly the most attractive destination at the moment. I would go really hard for both Constable and Blakely and potentially even Fiorini would be handy.

We're probably an attractive option to an out of favour player at the moment, seeing you'd get a clear shot at making a spot your own for a couple of years, and we should have a pretty big influx of talent in the next two years. Though, you could argue that's the case for pretty much any club at the bottom rungs of the table.

If they have a solid inside game, it could be worthwhile. Primarily outside and they'll flop in a situation like this.

We're probably an attractive option to an out of favour player at the moment, seeing you'd get a clear shot at making a spot your own for a couple of years, and we should have a pretty big influx of talent in the next two years. Though, you could argue that's the case for pretty much any club at the bottom rungs of the table.

If they have a solid inside game, it could be worthwhile. Primarily outside and they'll flop in a situation like this.
Yeah very good point, it really would be good for our list if we can bring in readymade talent like that. You would not say no to someone like Connor Blakely or Charlie Constable who along with draftees can help turnaround the club quicker than people think. All clubs that have been bottom before have got back on top quickly because of smart trading and drafting such as Hawthorn, Bulldogs and Richmond.

Yeah very good point, it really would be good for our list if we can bring in readymade talent like that. You would not say no to someone like Connor Blakely or Charlie Constable who along with draftees can help turnaround the club quicker than people think. All clubs that have been bottom before have got back on top quickly because of smart trading and drafting such as Hawthorn, Bulldogs and Richmond.

Brisbane too, though we're waiting to see if anything genuinely amounts from their rebound.

It's definitely a good idea to ask. I'd be going hard at Hately for the same reason, as well as big inside midfielders is a need to complement what is hopefully a fast group. GWS is probably the club to raid at the moment.

Though, I probably would with Connor Blakely, seeing he's struggling to get a game in a side which is in a very similar situation to us.

Brisbane too, though we're waiting to see if anything genuinely amounts from their rebound.

It's definitely a good idea to ask. I'd be going hard at Hately for the same reason, as well as big inside midfielders is a need to complement what is hopefully a fast group. GWS is probably the club to raid at the moment.

Though, I probably would with Connor Blakely, seeing he's struggling to get a game in a side which is in a very similar situation to us.
Yeah time will tell with Brisbane, having done anything of note yet. And yeah Hately would be a really good bet but not sure how, Blakely would fit our list perfect though if we can get him.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the end he has nobody to blame but himself. Was actually fairly decent in first half of showdown 1 last year until getting concussed. Didn't touch it afterwards.

Hasn't played since.
The legend of the Gallucci showdown first half continues to grow.

4 possessions, all uncontested. At 50 percent DE. 1 tackle. In the best part of a half. He was terrible just like he was all last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back