List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not actually sure he's good at "footballing".
Intersted in what you thought of Noah Balta's game against the Dees playing in defence on the weekend? 20 disposals 8 marks (3 contested) 10 intercepts, 409 metres gained. Remember this is a genuine tall utility that can chop out in ruck? Only his 1st game this year.

Intersted in what you thought of Noah Balta's game against the Dees playing in defence on the weekend? 20 disposals 8 marks (3 contested) 10 intercepts, 409 metres gained. Remember this is a genuine tall utility that can chop out in ruck? Only his 1st game this year.
Twice the meters gained than Matt Crouch

I hope he can have a few big games over the remainder of the season. Nothing better than to see a local lad go pick 1. Shouldn’t be scoffed at that he’s playing against men compared to the other draftees playing against 17 and 18 year olds
I'm going to be a bit controversial, but this 'playing against men' thing is way overblown.

Non-vic draftees often have reasonable but mediocre performances hyped because they are 'playing against men', but the best midfielders and KPP are consistently from Vic who play age-based and school footy.

Obviously impacted on by sheer volume of the pool to a degree.

It has been rare that non-Vic players have have come into AFL with a seamless transition because they are used to 'playing against men', and within a couple of years in the system it makes no difference.

I'm going to be a bit controversial, but this 'playing against men' thing is way overblown.

Non-vic draftees often have reasonable but mediocre performances hyped because they are 'playing against men', but the best midfielders and KPP are consistently from Vic who play age-based and school footy.

It has been rare that non-Vic players have have come into AFL with a seamless transition because they are used to 'playing against men', and within a couple of years in the system it makes no difference.
I think the point is don't mark the SA/WA boys down because of their performance in the SANFL/WAFL. But agree, I wouldn't mark them up significantly for their performance either

Not controversial really, what you state stands up over time....it's a fallacy that's it's an advantage.

This year thus far

Matt Rowell 5 games NAB League
Noah Anderson 5 games NAB League
Hayden Young 4 games NAB League
Fischer McAsey 4 games NAB League
Lachie Ash 3 games NAB League
etc etc

SANFL League
Dylan Stephens 0 games
Will Gould 0 games
Cam Taheny 0 games

Kosi Pickett never played any SANFL League, played some reserves.

WAFL lads that have played AFL this year never played any WAFL League only WAFL colts Luke Kackson, Trent Rivers, Deven Robertson

Last edited:
Yeah, fair call. He actually looked pretty good.

Why didn't you guys have a crack at Bailey Williams? He's from SA and was exploring his options at the end of last year because he felt he was good enough to play seniors, but Beveridge kept him in the VFL.
We re-signed him on the cheap and he's having an unreal year. Fast, poised, high quality 50m+ kick and always seems to make good decisions.

Why didn't you guys have a crack at Bailey Williams? He's from SA and was exploring his options at the end of last year because he felt he was good enough to play seniors, but Beveridge kept him in the VFL.
We re-signed him on the cheap and he's having an unreal year. Fast, poised, high quality 50m+ kick and always seems to make good decisions.
From memory we had not yet appointed our senior coach and it might have been one of those times that the club were not wanting to make a trade (any trade) without the blessing of the new coach. I am not sure but it is a best guess?

Not our type I'm afraid.

I thought we did? He wanted to try and make it where he was.

He was included in a lot of pretend Keath trades on this board.

I thought we did? He wanted to try and make it where he was.

He was included in a lot of pretend Keath trades on this board.
Yep, that's my recollection and we'd just drafted two very similar type players in Will Hamill and Lachlan Sholl who had already shown enough in the SANFL to suggest they had a future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, that's my recollection and we'd just drafted two very similar type players in Will Hamill and Lachlan Sholl who had already shown enough in the SANFL to suggest they had a future.

And McPherson.

Another 'depth' player?

Can you imagine if we offered him a 3 year deal, we'd have everyone on here saying we are offering long term deals to list cloggers...usually the same people who wanted to sign up 27yo Hugh Greenwood up for 4 years

Honestly, unless they are young and very likely to be an A-Grader in the future, we shouldn't be going anywhere near a Midfielder in a trade. Preferably those that are stuck behind good players like Caldwell, Bailey, Hately, O'Hallaran are and might actually have a reason to want to play for us. Maybe someone like Fiorini at a stretch.

What we need is to be looking to trade late 2020 and late future picks for need. Guys like Melican, Petty, CCJ, Balta, Ronke, Cox etc. Basically Rucks, KPD and Small Forwards.

Take Mids and KPF with the high picks in the draft + NGA/FS.

Honestly, unless they are young and very likely to be an A-Grader in the future, we shouldn't be going anywhere near a Midfielder in a trade. Preferably those that are stuck behind good players like Caldwell, Bailey, Hately, O'Hallaran are and might actually have a reason to want to play for us. Maybe someone like Fiorini at a stretch.

What we need is to be looking to trade late 2020 and late future picks for need. Guys like Melican, Petty, CCJ, Balta, Ronke, Cox etc. Basically Rucks, KPD and Small Forwards.

Take Mids and KPF with the high picks in the draft + NGA/FS.
Ronke doesn't seem much better than what we have

So Will Hamill and Lachlan Sholl go further back in the queue?.....make up your mind mate.

Room for all. Our backline is ok at defending, s**t at rebounding. The defending component is easy, that we rate guys that only provide that as irreplaceable is exactly why we find ourselves where we're at. We've not forced a single player out of our defensive group, not one. Not one.

Room for all. Our backline is ok at defending, sh*t at rebounding. The defending component is easy, that we rate guys that only provide that as irreplaceable is exactly why we find ourselves where we're at. We've not forced a single player out of our defensive group, not one. Not one.
DMac........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back