List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
You just start thnking of who we can trade for those plodders in the mid that are taking us nowhere

Hopefully we don't trade them for Jonty Sharenberg.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
What.......

Otten is there as a break glass option whilst also providing valuable leadership for the SANFL side.
I'd absolutely be prepared to give Andy Otten another 12 month contract too, showing invaluable leadership and mentoring to the young guys coming through the SANFL system, a big strong body to protect the kids and he's certainly still an AFL break glass swingman option.

scoota10

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2010
By the W/Adelaide BBQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
My Changes for 2020 and side :p

Fogarty/E.H/Rankine
McAdam/Walker/Sloane
Jones/Anderson/Davis
Obrien/Milera/McHenry
Smith/Keath/Seedsman
Doedee/Tallia/Brown
Greenwood,CEY,Laird,Kemp
Gone... 2 x Crouch and Atkins,Knights plus pick 2 Traded to G.Coast.... for Rankine their pick2
We pick Anderson and Kemp
Retire.....Betts,Douglas,Ottens,Jacobs,
Replace..Hart,Campo,Clarke

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My Changes for 2020 and side :p

Fogarty/E.H/Rankine
McAdam/Walker/Sloane
Jones/Anderson/Davis
Obrien/Milera/McHenry
Smith/Keath/Seedsman
Doedee/Tallia/Brown
Greenwood,CEY,Laird,Kemp
Gone... 2 x Crouch and Atkins,Knights plus pick 2 Traded to G.Coast.... for Rankine their pick2
We pick Anderson and Kemp
Retire.....Betts,Douglas,Ottens,Jacobs,
Replace..Hart,Campo,Clarke

Huge call trading crouch by 2

The only risk you've brought in a lot of unknown ability

If they come through like you hope we are setting ourselves up big time if they don't we are F%$#$$$

Would love to see if any team in the AFL had the balls to do that

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was all in the whisper, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out the picks were speculative based on what GCS sun's are holding.
Not sure what the whisper actually is..but who knows, if there is truth he is going there, then it would not surprise if we are also making a play for one of Luko or Rankine and Greenwood might be part of a package to them

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not sure what the whisper actually is..but who knows, if there is truth he is going there, then it would not surprise if we are also making a play for one of Luko or Rankine and Greenwood might be part of a package to them
Would be nice.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan

Pick 2 is better than Luko (atm).
If GC want pick 2 they need to offer us Luko +.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
as silly as this is, what if you could clone people, and fill an entirely football team?

what if you could have 22 Burtons play against 22 Tex's?

now that would be interesting, although perhaps difficult to call.
I reckon the Tex's win. Tex would monster Burton in the ruck, and with a bit of separation midfield Tex could kick long to forward Tex with a significant height and weight advantage. There would be a number of goals given up on the rebound though. The Tex's would struggle for run off half back as well.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon the Tex's win. Tex would monster Burton in the ruck, and with a bit of separation midfield Tex could kick long to forward Tex with a significant height and weight advantage. There would be a number of goals given up on the rebound though. The Tex's would struggle for run off half back as well.

Not sure Burton schooled tex last time he stood him running off him and booting two, Burton would end up with goals from every position and be solid in defence Tex would struggle in D

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Pick 2 is unknown. It can not be better.

Pick 2 has not played any AFL games. He ability has not be tested or measured at that Level.
I'd still not give up pick 1 or 2 in this draft for Lukosius or Rankine at this point in time. It's really got little to do with better or worse, more to do with the fact Lukosius is probably 2 years away from being able to hold down a key position so it's a time thing there and Rankine's hamstring issues seem to be a lot more than the usual run of the mill hamstring strains given he spent 10 weeks or so rehabbing it and building up loading on it only to re-injure it again in a match where he only spent limited minutes on the ground.

There are quite a few at the top end of this draft that you would expect to be capable of making an impact early on if given the AFL opportunities.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Just looking at the AFL website we have 1 pick 1st round and 2 picks 2nd round. After that I can not see a pick in the top 90. Can we even think of giving any away?

You'd probably be better off looking at this. The spreadsheet updates weekly based on the ladder

2019-nominal-draft-order-based-on-current-ladder.1206928

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 4.51.50 pm.png

Back