List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Just looking at the AFL website we have 1 pick 1st round and 2 picks 2nd round. After that I can not see a pick in the top 90. Can we even think of giving any away?

If we trade a player like Hugh Greenwood and/or Rory Atkins my big hope would be we would secure at least enough collateral in the deal to nab either SA intercepting KPD Karl Finlay and/or exciting 188cm x factor SA youngster who can play either back or forward, perhaps even midfield after a couple of years in the weights room.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Brett or Ryan?
as silly as this is, what if you could clone people, and fill an entirely football team?

what if you could have 22 Burtons play against 22 Tex's?

now that would be interesting, although perhaps difficult to call.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry, I'll do your version

FF: Burton - Burton - Burton
HF: Burton - Burton - Burton
C: Burton - Burton - Burton
HB: Burton - Burton - Burton
FB: Burton - Burton - Burton
1R: Burton - Burton - Burton
INT: Burton - Burton - Burton - Burton
Coach: Burton
not-burton-jpg.500483

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Listened to Kelly being discussed the other day. On radio maybe. They mentioned that last year he became unsettled and told the club he was open to the idea of a move home if a suitable deal could orchestrated. Not sure if Collingwood were mentioned as the preferred option or the only option?

They went on to say that he's settled down and a lot happier this year.
He had a bit in the paper a month or so ago saying how he wasn't enjoying playing football. He's taken a bit of a step back and allowed some outside hobbies into his life and doesn't allow it to consistently be the only thing he focuses on and seems to be enjoying himself more now.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It would need to be an exciting trade because it would be sad to see Greenwood go, especially given everything Ogilvie put into that story.
Who do we think owes who in this exercise?

Hugh to the club for prolonged interest in him and giving opportunity for an AFL career and the needed development?

The club to Hugh for choosing us to sign up with as a talented (albeit delayed) "junior"?

A bit from column A and a bit from column B?

jirkago

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we trade a player like Hugh Greenwood and/or Rory Atkins my big hope would be we would secure at least enough collateral in the deal to nab either SA intercepting KPD Karl Finlay and/or exciting 188cm x factor SA youngster who can play either back or forward, perhaps even midfield after a couple of years in the weights room.

We need to get a few more pick in the teens and 20s. Definitely need Finlay, maybe Day and Taheny.
Would be nice to get Pickett just to piss port of as well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Great chart. I don't put much into the points but it is scary looking at GC's picks. 2 first rounds picks and a 49 then nothing. We are so ahead of them. They may yet get a PP is the AFL see this.
Who knows? Maybe another 3 picks from the state leagues again. Only problem is between the 5 picks taken by them and Carlton last year, and the mid season draft this year the well is probably drying up.

Maybe the AFL can manufacture some sort of option to give them a free hit at all the free agents coming out of contract? Or something along the lines of the picks they and GWS were given for contracted players when they started up?

Another PP at the start of the draft seems pointless. Particularly considering they've had 10 top 10 draft picks in the last 4 years. And probably have pick 1 this year + another 1st round pick.

FIIK

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Rankine staying with the Suns. Signed a two year extension.
So much for those that were continually going on with how unhappy he would be up there when all the signs from the lad himself were he was loving it up there.

“It felt pretty good after 16 and a half weeks of rehab … I got handed a goal but ended up slotting it and everyone got around me and it felt good,” Rankine said after the game.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
To get out of Adelaide was the best thing for him.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd absolutely be prepared to give Andy Otten another 12 month contract too, showing invaluable leadership and mentoring to the young guys coming through the SANFL system, a big strong body to protect the kids and he's certainly still an AFL break glass swingman option.

Yep, what is the problem with giving him a 200k contract and telling him to do all the coaching courses he can whilst being an option if sit comes down? I mean, where else is he making 200k next year and as a mentor...just invaluable

scoota10

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2010
By the W/Adelaide BBQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
My Changes for 2020 and side :p

Fogarty/E.H/Rankine
McAdam/Walker/Sloane
Jones/Anderson/Davis
Obrien/Milera/McHenry
Smith/Keath/Seedsman
Doedee/Tallia/Brown
Greenwood,CEY,Laird,Kemp
Gone... 2 x Crouch and Atkins,Knights plus pick 2 Traded to G.Coast.... for Rankine their pick2
We pick Anderson and Kemp
Retire.....Betts,Douglas,Ottens,Jacobs,
Replace..Hart,Campo,Clarke

Well i f#@% up there,!.. welcome home the Crouch Boys 😊
I still would like Anderson & Kemp with us.the problem to me is Adel need Pace
So if could still play my Midfield (Onballers) where do the Crouch Boys play

Back