List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This needs to be saved for future use.
It's had a good run already
505782_4c3d028909133f97a7a351651c98c08b.png

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Eddie Betts

End of list
Many will coach, but few likely to play first. I’d guess Jacobs and Douglas could do it in the vein of some of the early GWS recruits.

Would be surprised if Betts was targeted to play again elsewhere.

From the last main group several now coaching, would think we get similar numbers in this group

Van Berlo
Bassett
Rutten
Goodwin
Thompson
Skipworth and Hentschel too if you feel like including them

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Best 22 2020:

FF: Stengle - Tex - Betts (he desrves 1 more year but i think he might pull the pin at seasons end)
HF: McHenry - Jenkins - Lynch
C: Seedsman - Sloane - Milera
HB: Smith - Keath - Laird
FB: Doedee - Talia - Brown
1R: ROB - Mrouch - Brouch
INT From: Greenwood - Gibbs - Jones - Mchenry- Fogarty - 2019 Pick 2 & Ellis-Yollman

Pushing for best 22: Butts, Scholl & Himmelberg

Delist: Otten, Hunter, Douglas, Mackay & Wilson

Trade bait: Atkins, Kelly, Galluci & Knight (i know not much).. Also can add Greenwood and CEY to trade bait even though i have them in our best 22.. i just think like many that we have too much of the same type of player. We could get something decent for Greenwood.. if its a good trade i say bite the bullet. we need speed!!!!!!

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Best 22 2020:

FF: Stengle - Tex - Betts (he desrves 1 more year but i think he might pull the pin at seasons end)
HF: McHenry - Jenkins - Lynch
C: Seedsman - Sloane - Milera
HB: Smith - Keath - Laird
FB: Doedee - Talia - Brown
1R: ROB - Mrouch - Brouch
INT From: Greenwood - Gibbs - Jones - Mchenry- Fogarty - 2019 Pick 2 & Ellis-Yollman

Pushing for best 22: Butts, Scholl & Himmelberg

Delist: Otten, Hunter, Douglas, Mackay & Wilson

Trade bait: Atkins, Kelly, Galluci & Knight (i know not much).. Also can add Greenwood and CEY to trade bait even though i have them in our best 22.. i just think like many that we have too much of the same type of player. We could get something decent for Greenwood.. if its a good trade i say bite the bullet. we need speed!!!!!!

pretty much same nucleus of a forward line as 2017 2018 2019

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
pretty much same nucleus of a forward line as 2017 2018 2019
Stengle and Mchenry would add somew excitement to it.. i still think 2020 needs Tex, JJ and Betts. A fit Lynch is the key.. if he stays sound our forward line will work. its been all over the place the past 4 weeks without the link man.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Stengle and Mchenry would add somew excitement to it.. i still think 2020 needs Tex, JJ and Betts. A fit Lynch is the key.. if he stays sound our forward line will work. its been all over the place the past 4 weeks without the link man.

Lynch seems to have serious body issues with illness and all sorts, he is a risk to the team if can only play 10 games a year, but I guess you cant worry too much if he can get on the park or not, JJ has concerns there aswell, Betts is durable but has he passed it, and tex well he seems to play injured but you know when he does it shows up

Tex and Betts will play 20 games but they definetly have lost a bit of their abilities

Lynch especially always gets some weird ass thing that keeps him out and JJ is JJ

If it comes off it will work if it doesn't it will be similar to this year

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Greenwood to Geelong for kreuger
Wat

So your valuing Hughey as worth pick 42 which is what the Cats gave the Blues for Kreuger as part of their State League compensation? Think Hugh's worth at least an early 2nd - mid 2nd round pick personally.....Kreuger yet to debut for Geelong as well.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Greenwood definetly worth a second , call it mid
Hawks into Greenwood according to afl.com.au.

They're after Coniglio and Patton too, so can't imagine they can offer Greenwood much more $$$ than us.

What makes you think this is true?

Gibbs
Jacobs
Jenkins

All would be 500k players. All playing significant time in the 2s this year.

And it's apart of the crisis we currently face. That's 1.5 million of cap space with minimal returns to our lineup.

We can cut Jacobs at the end of the season, but Gibbs and Jenkins, that's potentially a millstone to our side. Neither are reliable for 22 solid games and are well paid for the privilege.

Hugh is 28, and arguably has reached his ceiling as a player.

I'd keep him if the price was right bit he's more than welcome to explore the options.

I'd agree. This is probably it for Hugh.

I'd be a bit more aggressive. I'd just trade him seeing we're not a contender and he is a piece designed for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn being interested in Greenwood tells us we should re-sign him at all costs

Are we a contender in the next couple of years?

Doesn't matter if Hawthorn is interested, just matters what our short term plans are. If you think this team could contend, you keep Greenwood. You think this team is done, Greenwood has to be one of the first to go seeing he is an older bit part player with value.

This team is nowhere near a contender right now, and it has no potential to become one without praying for some absolute miracles.

Are we a contender in the next couple of years?

Doesn't matter if Hawthorn is interested, just matters what our short term plans are. If you think this team could contend, you keep Greenwood. You think this team is done, Greenwood has to be one of the first to go seeing he is an older bit part player with value.

This team is nowhere near a contender right now, and it has no potential to become one without praying for some absolute miracles.

Hawthorn trade in players for peanuts and turn them into stars. Henderson and Impey some of their latest examples. Gunston too.

I would rather re-sign him than strengthen Hawthorn for free

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Hawthorn trade in players for peanuts and turn them into stars. Henderson and Impey some of their latest examples. Gunston too.

Hawthorn currently have peanuts to trade too.

Tim O'Brien interests me and is starting to play good footy, not much on their list I'd like.

Johnny Rutten

Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

At what cost, though?

I agree we should keep Greenwood, but only for the right money/contract-length. For me, I think Hugh is a $450,000-$500,000/season player, but on the open-market that probably escalates up to $500,000-$550,000. That's the ballpark I'd be in, if I was Adelaide. Anything more than $550,000 is a bit much I reckon.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS

I thought the Hawthorn strategy was genius but it has not yet worked. They have not seriously contended since 2016.

Smith Frawley McEvoy Puopolo Stratton Henderson are 30+ and will decline, they don’t really have a forward line anymore

Doubt Greenwood makes them a threat but he would be a good fit for them.

Coniglio free agent + Whitfield trade and they will be in business.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No thank you to Tim O’Brien. 26 next year and not very good.

Hawks 2nd round pick for Greenwood probably par.
I'd rather we try and shift him elsewhere.

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he goes to the Hawks he will be a gun and they do have a very good track record of extracting the best out of players and extending careers at the same time .

Johnny Rutten

Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I thought the Hawthorn strategy was genius but it has not yet worked. They have not seriously contended since 2016.

Smith Frawley McEvoy Puopolo Stratton Henderson are 30+ and will decline, they don’t really have a forward line anymore

Doubt Greenwood makes them a threat but he would be a good fit for them.

Coniglio free agent + Whitfield trade and they will be in business.
I think Hawks and us are actually both in a very similar situation. That is, both old teams not in contention to win a flag, and therefore at the crossroads with respects to their lists.

Hawks currently the oldest team (9 players over-30)
Crows currently the 2nd oldest team (7 players over-30).

Collingwood, West Coast & Geelong are the 3rd-5th oldest teams, but at least they are in contention for a flag (Pies, admittedly, not looking so good over the last month).

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They do, but will Clarko be there ??

Back