List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
You don't think either team is interested, despite meeting with him, and having him do medicals?? When you say 'interest has gone cold', is it because you haven't heard any news from dodgy sources in what....a week? I know this might seem like a long time in amateur armchair commentator world, but the player trade period doesn't happen until October...

Relax.

So where do you think Sauce will be playing next year ?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Sauce will be crying into his cornflakes this morning hearing that Toddy got another 3 years
I reckon Geelong might be is his only chance now
WTF? Goldstein's decision to re-sign means that Jacobs now has less competition for those clubs wanting a mature short-term ruckman. If anything, this is a positive for him. Geelong, GWS & Carlton are all in the market, and he's now the clear #1 target for them all to chase.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
WTF? Goldstein's decision to re-sign means that Jacobs now has less competition for those clubs wanting a mature short-term ruckman. If anything, this is a positive for him. Geelong, GWS & Carlton are all in the market, and he's now the clear #1 target for them all to chase.

Nothing has changed for Jacobs

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Laird to Brisbane for pick 14, Cedric Cox and 2021 1st
3, 14, 21 and 26.

Lukosius for 3, 21 and Hugh Greenwood
Alex Keath and pick 26 to WB for 12 and Bailey Williams
12, 14.

Sam Jacobs and CEY for combined FA Compo, end of 3rd Round pick 37
Riley Knight to Haw for 45
Tom Lynch and pick 45 to Geelong for pick 18.
12, 14, 18, 37

Kyle Hartigan to NM for pick 43
Pick 43 to Port for Billy Frampton and pick 61
12, 14, 18, 37, 60

Josh Jenkins and pick 18 for Aaron Francis and 29
Eddie Betts to Carlton for pick 39
Rory Atkins to NM for pick 42
39 and 42 to Haw for 28
12, 14, 28, 29, 37, 61

Picks 14 and 29 to GWS for Jackson Hately and 49
37 and 49 to Essendon for 29
Future 4th to Power for 62
12, 28, 29, 60, 62

OUT: Laird, Jacobs, Knight, Lynch, Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood, Atkins, Hartigan, Betts, CEY - plus Douglas, Mackay, Otten, Hunter
IN: Cedric Cox, Lukosius, Francis, Bailey Williams, Hately, Frampton, Lachie Murphy, Jordan Butts, 12, 28, 29, 60, 62 - plus two more picks?

ROUND ONE
B: Doedee, Talia, Brown/Kelly
HB: Smith, Francis, Scholl
C: Seedsman, B Crouch, Milera
HF: McHenry, Walker, Sloane
F: Lukosius, Fogarty, McAdam

1st R: ROB, M Crouch, Jones
INT: Himmelberg/Frampton, Hately, Gallucci, Williams/Gibbs

Stengle, Hamill, Cox, Murphy

Plus 2x firsts and our 2nd in 2021. I think that team actually wins a few games, and would be fun to support - if we fix the coaching and admin structure.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Laird to Brisbane for pick 14, Cedric Cox and 2021 1st
3, 14, 21 and 26.

Lukosius for 3, 21 and Hugh Greenwood
Alex Keath and pick 26 to WB for 12 and Bailey Williams
12, 14.

Sam Jacobs and CEY for combined FA Compo, end of 3rd Round pick 37
Riley Knight to Haw for 45
Tom Lynch and pick 45 to Geelong for pick 18.
12, 14, 18, 37

Kyle Hartigan to NM for pick 43
Pick 43 to Port for Billy Frampton and pick 61
12, 14, 18, 37, 60

Josh Jenkins and pick 18 for Aaron Francis and 29
Eddie Betts to Carlton for pick 39
Rory Atkins to NM for pick 42
39 and 42 to Haw for 28
12, 14, 28, 29, 37, 61

Picks 14 and 29 to GWS for Jackson Hately and 49
37 and 49 to Essendon for 29
Future 4th to Power for 62
12, 28, 29, 60, 62

OUT: Laird, Jacobs, Knight, Lynch, Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood, Atkins, Hartigan, Betts, CEY - plus Douglas, Mackay, Otten, Hunter
IN: Cedric Cox, Lukosius, Francis, Bailey Williams, Hately, Frampton, Lachie Murphy, Jordan Butts, 12, 28, 29, 60, 62 - plus two more picks?

ROUND ONE
B: Doedee, Talia, Brown/Kelly
HB: Smith, Francis, Scholl
C: Seedsman, B Crouch, Milera
HF: McHenry, Walker, Sloane
F: Lukosius, Fogarty, McAdam

1st R: ROB, M Crouch, Jones
INT: Himmelberg/Frampton, Hately, Gallucci, Williams/Gibbs

Stengle, Hamill, Cox, Murphy

Plus 2x firsts and our 2nd in 2021. I think that team actually wins a few games, and would be fun to support - if we fix the coaching and admin structure.
Bloody hell Kristof, I admire the effort you put into these. But it's just for fun isn't it? Also, can we all please stop mentioning Lairdy in trade talk? We won't be trading one of our best players; an AA 25-year-old defender.

Johnny Rutten

Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Russell's bullshit on SEN is just stirring up s**t about our club, built on a desire to unsettle us even further. He went onto say Lairdy could end up at the Cats - pure wish fulfilment from a Cat's dribbler. FFS, we will not be trading our best younger to mid-age players (Crouches, Laird, Fog, etc.).

He said: “I’m hearing there could be at least 10 or even more players leaving the Crows at the end of this review,”. What an inflammatory piece of BS. If anything, the results of the review would more than likely please the players, not displease them.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Nothing has changed for Jacobs
Incorrect. His main competition for those positions has been removed.

There are 3 clubs which are known to be looking for a short-term mature aged ruckman - Carlton, GWS, and Geelong. Jacobs & Ryder are the only two players who fit the bill. Now there are 2 players (supply) and 3 clubs (demand), so the price just went up.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
If I was in charge of our trading etc... I would be massively in the ear of Oscar Allen's manager and trying to see if there is an offer we can throw his way that would entice him to the club.
He has signed a 1 year extension with WC that covers 2020, but after playing almost every game this year he is out of the team for the finals. He might be feeling a little pissed. Add in an offer of a longer (5 year) contract and you might extract a young key position (can play forward or back) that you can build around. He's also very very good.

Sometimes you have to be bold...

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Bloody hell Kristof, I admire the effort you put into these. But it's just for fun isn't it? Also, can we all please stop mentioning Lairdy in trade talk? We won't be trading one of our best players; an AA 25-year-old defender.
I just write these up when I'm sitting at my desk and I can't be bothered starting a task I'm being paid to complete. ;)

We wouldn't do this many changes. We'd probably keep Mackay and Betts for a year, just to stagger the delistings.

Personally - I would trade Laird and Lynch. I think we have depth there, and we need to open up spots.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well tell me where he is going mate if you know so much
You are full of it

So you don't understand supply and demand then

try booking a flight to from Adelaide to Melbourne on a Wednesday in October
then try booking one on a Friday in September where the Crows are travelling to Melbourne for a final

Johnny Rutten

Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I just write these up when I'm sitting at my desk and I can't be bothered starting a task I'm being paid to complete. ;)

We wouldn't do this many changes. We'd probably keep Mackay and Betts for a year, just to stagger the delistings.

Personally - I would trade Laird and Lynch. I think we have depth there, and we need to open up spots.
Wow. A guaranteed performer vs. the educated lottery of the National draft. It's a risky business.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So when Lever wanted out according to this board he was the problem and not the club.
When Cameron wanted out according to this board he was over rated and was just wanting more money, and could easily be replaced by Murphy.
When Gov wanted out according to this board he was a wanka and the club was not the problem.
We hear that Eddie, who could do no wrong here, wants out and according to this board he is sulking and the club wasn't the problem.
Well now we hear stories that players like Rory Laird, who is 2x AA and 2x BF, is looking to leave and I guess he is also a wanka who is sulking and the club is still not the problem?

Some of us were saying that something rotten was happening at the club when Lever, CC and Gov all left, and yet it has been allowed to contime and take us to where we are now.
Players wanting out and no one wants to come here.
You reap what you sow.

Johnny Rutten

Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So when Lever wanted out according to this board he was the problem and not the club.
When Cameron wanted out according to this board he was over rated and was just wanting more money, and could easily be replaced by Murphy.
When Gov wanted out according to this board he was a wanka and the club was not the problem.
We hear that Eddie, who could do no wrong here, wants out and according to this board he is sulking and the club wasn't the problem.
Well now we hear stories that players like Rory Laird, who is 2x AA and 2x BF, is looking to leave and I guess he is also a wanka who is sulking and the club is still not the problem?

Some of us were saying that something rotten was happening at the club when Lever, CC and Gov all left, and yet it has been allowed to contime and take us to where we are now.
Players wanting out and no one wants to come here.
You reap what you sow.
Your point is well made. We struggle to retain certain players. Whether that's to do with poor list management and/or poor culture (or a combination of both + other factors), most of us really don't know. I wouldn't associate Laird into this though. Not one ioata of evidence on the Laird one to date, disc jockey brain farts at this stage.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your point is well made. We struggle to retain certain players. Whether that's to do with poor list management and/or poor culture (or a combination of both + other factors), most of us really don't know. I wouldn't associate Laird into this though. Not one ioata of evidence on the Laird one to date, disc jockey brain farts at this stage.
Dewayne has strong contacts at Geeelong, and he was saying that Geelong would be a good fit. Also said that he heard it from the highest levels.
I would think Laird has been talking to Geelong and Dewayne has been told.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
3 years for a 32 year old... they must have been getting tips of our list management team. Good news for Sauce though, makes him more in demand with another ruckman off the table.
Does this tell us that 32 yo Bigmen ae still in demand ....and maybe Jenkins is not worth a packet of crisps ?

Dewayne has strong contacts at Geeelong, and he was saying that Geelong would be a good fit. Also said that he heard it from the highest levels.
I would think Laird has been talking to Geelong and Dewayne has been told.

Or that Geelong have been talking to Laird manager, which is a very common practice.
Doesn’t mean Laird has any intention to leave.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Or that Geelong have been talking to Laird manager, which is a very common practice.
Doesn’t mean Laird has any intention to leave.
Or maybe we have half a dozen HBF'ers, and we can replace him easily, while getting assets that actually help us improve.

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol. Its So easy to replace duel AAs .
Just like Charlie was going to be easy to replace.
Just so far away from the truth.
Charlie was always going to be the harder player to replace out of him and Lever. I love Laird but to think a half back flanker/small defender, even one as good as Laird, would be hard to replace is absurd.

Back