List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

See if we take unders people aren't happy, if we hold our ground people arent going to be happy

I wouldn't. The statement would just be that we're stupid, especially with how many players we are losing.

Unless either of them are trying to get them for fourths, I'd end up accepting.

I'd hold out for the entire trade period, only completing it in the last 5 minutes though.
re Greenwood - if I was the crows I would be going to the AFL and screaming at them to make GC cough up a decent pick at the end of 1st round / early 2nd as recompense for what they did to us after we live traded our way to pick 3 - now shunted to pick 4. I'd also be using the line that we have less bargaining power with GWS in terms of bidding on Green if we had pick 3 - knowing GC will take Rowell and Anderson guaranteed with picks 1 & 2. At pick 3 we held the whip hand - now melbourne do and it has weakened our bargaining position. Our club should be banging down the doors at AFL house to ensure GC don't f*ck us here..The AFL owe us big time

AFL will not let GC go down the PSD route. Esp as they own them.

Damien Barrett spoke about the PSD threat this morning and he said any club that would dare do it again would ruin relationships and basically said the AFL wouldnt allow it.

re Greenwood - if I was the crows I would be going to the AFL and screaming at them to make GC cough up a decent pick at the end of 1st round / early 2nd as recompense for what they did to us after we live traded our way to pick 3 - now shunted to pick 4. I'd also be using the line that we have less bargaining power with GWS in terms of bidding on Green if we had pick 3 - knowing GC will take Rowell and Anderson guaranteed with picks 1 & 2. At pick 3 we held the whip hand - now melbourne do and it has weakened our bargaining position. Our club should be banging down the doors at AFL house to ensure GC don't f*ck us here..The AFL owe us big time

I'd be screaming for arbitration as well long before then, and hold out if the AFL favours Gold Coast.

Restricted free agent out of contract, we could have been left with compensation only.

Our bust was Gore, was a shinning light that never turned on

No, that was just the blunt steak knives.

The shining light was Menzel, and pick 13...

If GC believe Ah Chee is worth #21 ....then certainly Greenwood is worth a late 20's pick ....ATM Gold Coast don't have that range pick ...after this #21, their next pick is #59

Gold Coast is chasing Brisbane's pick No.21 in exchange for speedy defender Callum Ah Chee.

The Lions have offered Ah Chee a long-term deal at the club and prised him out of their crosstown rivals after an injury-riddled year.

Ah Chee was pick No.8 at the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, and has managed 45 games in four years at the Suns. He made only one senior appearance this year.

Damien Barrett spoke about the PSD threat this morning and he said any club that would dare do it again would ruin relationships and basically said the AFL wouldnt allow it.
If the AFL don't like it, they just need to get rid of the PS draft, or only allow players in it if they have been in the national draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So still all the below to be done, it feels like we might run out of time. It would be good to at least get one done tomorrow.
Jacobs
Betts
Keith
Greenwood
Jenkins
Knight?

Fyfe is a generational player, and if not for his only weakness of average footskills, would be in the Leigh Matthews category. Getting him at 20 is amazing, but how often do you get players like Fyfe with pick 20?

You can denigrate Martin all you like, but the fact is he is a top tier elite midfielder of the competition. How often do you get players like that with a top 5 pick? The answer is often.
Not quite as often as you get them in the top 6 but if you had 3 cracks at it you're probably more likely

You sure about that, without checking I'm sure I've read plenty of articles where GWS got more generous concessions than the GCS? No doubt they've handled it far better, that's certainly indisputable.
From what I recall it was very similar. Gold coast recruited a bunch of individuals as their mature age players (ablett, Bock, Krak) while GWS went for young leaders (ward, Davis, Scully)
There was a huge gap in development and hit rate on kids too which meant GWS could keep selling players high while gold coast either sold low or had them wait til free agency and leave.
Gold coast seemed to make bad decisions at every turn while the giants as a whole made the right decisions.

So still all the below to be done, it feels like we might run out of time. It would be good to at least get one done tomorrow.
Jacobs
Betts
Keith
Greenwood
Jenkins
Knight?

Plenty of time for all of them, seeing we've still got 5 days.

Probably see a flurry on the second to last day, if not the last day.

Jacobs
Betts
Keith
Greenwood
Jenkins
Knight?
Stalling.

We're trying to extend the trade period, or bring the membership renewal date forward.

Cant let the departing players spill until the members have signed up.

Wow. You went there

You think a restricted free agent (Danger) puts us in a lesser position in comparison to just an uncontracted player (Kelly)

Just wow
Lol, you did!

Just have a re-read of your posts in the Dangerfield trade thread... ;)

Particularly after we lost plenty of points with the GC priority picks.

There would be an understanding...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back