List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but you said, these top 5 picks were never on the table, for the right price they could have been got.
Rowell is a gun, we can all see that, but
Matt Crouch + pick 8 (Caldwell) and Greenwood, for pick 3 2018 would have been very hard for GCS to turn down.
It’s seems like you’re list management team are very reluctant to pay overs to get something done.
They wouldnt have taken that at all.

Fancy a Carlton fan coming in and talking about poor list management.

They wouldnt have taken that at all.

Fancy a Carlton fan coming in and talking about poor list management.

I think they would have taken that deal, this is the Gold Coast suns we’re talking about.
Pick 2 for Weller
Offering pick one (Rowell)
for Adam Tralore

As a Carlton fan I am extremely well qualified to speak on poor list management, I’ve seen it up close and personal for a long ass time, thank god we finally look to be turning the corner.

I think they would have taken that deal, this is the Gold Coast suns we’re talking about.
Pick 2 for Weller
Offering pick one (Rowell)
for Adam Tralore

As a Carlton fan I am extremely well qualified to speak on poor list management, I’ve seen it up close and personal for a long ass time, thank god we finally look to be turning the corner.
The whole idea of getting the priority pick was to get the mates, once they got that I doubt they'd have traded anything away.

Wouldn't pay him 700 bucks a year. Complete waste of money while we have Charlie Cameron elsewhere due to our complete mismanagement of Walker, Lynch, Jenkins, Gibbs. Hoping for a retirement over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah, as much as some people had a go at Kane, he was right on this. No way he is taking football seriously turning up like that...and if that is the case, the club has to take the step, we either have elite standards or not but players turning up with **** and doing nothing on the field because they are not as fit as the opposition, he should be made an example of. Typical of Adelaide though, we call out Gooch for not having elite standards...Tex though, nah.

now this is where the club should be making big noises to lock in McAsey and Worrell this year - put the heat on them as if they stall, we will know sooner rather than later that they are gone
Even Gold coast seem to doing better at keeping players than us. That in itself is disturbing. Not sure what it is but the club has a knack of picking the exact player most likely to leave. To keep players Its a combination of drafting the right players, having a well run club from board down, strong list management, having a strong resourced football dept and great coaching and fitness/rehab staff and resources. We keep coming back to the same old problem. Until we get our senior leadership right from Chairman down to football director nothing will change. I honestly don't know how things got this bad but they have and its time to rectify them instead of being our own worst enemy. We have the same salary cap as every other club and our money is as good as any other club. The club needs to start behaving like the club that came from a very proud history of South Australian football and start acting accordingly. The focus needs to be placed on success aa the core reason for existence. Until that cultural way of thinking changes we will continue to be a victim.

Last edited:
Yeah, as much as some people had a go at Kane, he was right on this. No way he is taking football seriously turning up like that...and if that is the case, the club has to take the step, we either have elite standards or not but players turning up with **** and doing nothing on the field because they are not as fit as the opposition, he should be made an example of. Typical of Adelaide though, we call out Gooch for not having elite standards...Tex though, nah.

just imagine the shape Gooch, EH and Frampton have been in. They’ve been outed publicly by Godden as turning up in poor shape.

Even Gold coast seem to doing better at keeping players than us. That in itself is disturbing. Not sure what it is but the club has a knack of picking the exact player most likely to leave. To keep players Its a combination of drafting the right players, having a well run club from board down, strong list management, having a strong resourced football dept and great coaching and fitness/rehab staff and resources. We keep coming back to the same old problem. Until we get our senior leadership right from Chairman down to football director nothing will change. I honestly don't know how things got this bad but they have and its time to rectify them instead of being our own worst enemy. We have the same salary cap as every other club and our money is as good as any other club. The club needs to start behaving like the club that came from a very proud history of South Australian football and start acting accordingly. The focus needs to be placed on success aa the core reason for existence. Until that cultural way of thinking changes we will continue to be a victim.
Amen to that

Only immediate problem is an afl moratorium on contract negotiations, and they probably won't be be allowed until list and cap modifications (if relevant) are known.

We signed up last year's draftee fairly early.

Even Gold coast seem to doing better at keeping players than us. That in itself is disturbing. Not sure what it is but the club has a knack of picking the exact player most likely to leave. To keep players Its a combination of drafting the right players, having a well run club from board down, strong list management, having a strong resourced football dept and great coaching and fitness/rehab staff and resources.

I honestly don't know how things got this bad

We have the same salary cap as every other club and our money is as good as any other club.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark said this morning on MMM that we are keen on Powell-Pepper, apparently has no desire to move back to WA

On one side... that would be hilarious. On another I mean, I could see a niche he could fill though wouldn't be my first preference.

Probably the biggest positive is he wouldn't be expensive seeing how much he has stalled.

Jay Clark said this morning on MMM that we are keen on Powell-Pepper, apparently has no desire to move back to WA
Please no.

What’s happen to Jordan Gallucci, he was a gun in he’s bottom age year, remember watching him kick a goal for Vic Metro and thinking gee that looked like a GAJ, had some goodish games and some very nice flashes in games at AFL level earlier on and also has some great traits like speed, agility, ball use, but from an outsiders POV he doesn’t even look like he’ll be on a AFL list by the end of the year.

What’s happen to Jordan Gallucci, he was a gun in he’s bottom age year, remember watching him kick a goal for Vic Metro and thinking gee that looked like a GAJ, had some goodish games and some very nice flashes in games at AFL level earlier on and also has some great traits like speed, agility, ball use, but from an outsiders POV he doesn’t even look like he’ll be on a AFL list by the end of the year.
Just did his Achilles and will be out for a year

Jordan was a rather speculative pick even though he was a high pick. Just hasn't come on as we had hoped but Pyke did him no favours and we may never know. Would have been traded end of the year. Not sure what will happen now after his achilles but likely still traded for probably very little.

Jordan was a rather speculative pick even though he was a high pick. Just hasn't come on as we had hoped but Pyke did him no favours and we may never know. Would have been traded end of the year. Not sure what will happen now after his achilles but likely still traded for probably very little.
Not only Pyke, watching the sanfl side lineup in the centre with the likes of Gibbs, Douglas and Wilson ahead of Gallucci and others was infuriating. One game in particular it took till 5 minutes before half time before those three and Poholke weren't the starting mids.

Elspeth gonna visit him with a contract? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back