Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I've decided that it would be good to have a seasonal W-league thread instead of all the W-League posting clogging up the Matilda's thread, The thread will be updated weekly with the round fixtures. I'll sticky it till the end of the season.

W-League Round 1 Fixture

Thursday 14th November
Western Sydney V Adelaide United, Marconi Stadium, 7:30pm, ESDT

Sunday 17th November
Sydney FC V Melbourne Victory, Jubilee Stadium, 4:00pm ESDT
Canberra United V Perth Glory, McKellar Park, 6:00pm ESDT
Newcastle United V Melbourne City, Newcastle Showgrounds, 6:00pm ESDT

Bye: Perth Glory

Last edited:

Hoping Canberra has a better season than last. We’ve been on a bit of a rebuild after being one of the premier teams for the first 7/8 seasons.

Going to be a looooonng season for all three Victory squads this season! youth, women and mens.

Victory has their chances but Sydney have Aubrey Bledsoe in goal and she made some great saves in the first half. Victory hardly challenged in the second half.

Dowie, their captain, clearly unhappy in the post match interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good they had the Sydney cheer squad on commentary though :p

Heyman played for Canberra and Adelaide. Sydney played better and made more of their chances. Can't begrudge them their victory. Victory need to improve quick smart.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
McCormick finding Sydney to be a lot harder than playing Chile. Has not played well this afternoon.
Just watched the highlights of the goals o The World Game website - she looked like what I imagine someone wearing the #10 and playing in defence for the first would.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Pedestrian kind of game the Syd vs Melb Victory one.

Bloody awful commentary - hate that style where they don't even bother naming the players on the ball and just chat away about other things - and when they do they just as often call the wrong name out - hope I don't have to put up with Steph every Sunday for the free to air game.

Foord showed a bit of magic at times taking the defenders on and the Evans goal and celebration at the end probably the only highlights.

Think Sydney, Brisbane will finish up the top and Glory down the bottom.

Kudos to the Jets. Scored their first ever point against Melbourne City apparently, and went close a few times to claiming all three points yesterday. Didn't watch the game, though, because despite the W League saying it was available via the my football live app, it wasn't, and I wasn't about to give Kayo my credit card details to see if it was available there.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Kudos to the Jets. Scored their first ever point against Melbourne City apparently, and went close a few times to claiming all three points yesterday. Didn't watch the game, though, because despite the W League saying it was available via the my football live app, it wasn't, and I wasn't about to give Kayo my credit card details to see if it was available there.

They had all the W-League games on Kayo. Imo getting kayo is one of the best things to have, with a better quality and wider variety then that on fox sports or Foxtel go (and overall cheaper)

May well be Logarzo's last season in the W League. She is looking to move to Italy next year and is in the process of applying for an Italian passport to avoid having to be a foreign player.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
W-League Round 2 Fixture

Thursday 21st November
Brisbane Roar V Melbourne Victory, Dolphin Stadium, Redcliff 7:30pm; Fox Sports

Friday 22nd November
Western Sydney Wanders V Newcastle Jets Bankwest Stadium, 5:00pm, Fox Sports
Adelaide United V Sydney FC Marden Sports Complex, Adelaide, 7:30pm

Sunday 24th November
Canberra United V Melbourne City McKellar Park, 4:00pm, Fox Sports, ABC TV

Bye: Perth Glory

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Not bad pick ups. Probably puts them back in top 2 contention. I read that Luik got two yellow cards and was sent off in her weekend match for her club in Norway.

Last edited:

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
May well be Logarzo's last season in the W League. She is looking to move to Italy next year and is in the process of applying for an Italian passport to avoid having to be a foreign player.

I wonder if she goes to the same club as DeVanna. They supposedly roomed together on Matildas trips.

Also been some mix up in the off-season US NWSL trade period where Logarzo was picked up by a new club but then the League said she shouldn't have been.

I wonder if she goes to the same club as DeVanna. They supposedly roomed together on Matildas trips.

Also been some mix up in the off-season US NWSL trade period where Logarzo was picked up by a new club but then the League said she shouldn't have been.

Napoli will be her preferred choice because her parents came from a town nearby. It is contingent on Napoli getting a team, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back