2019-2020 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice milestone for Ovi but no time for him to enjoy it as we are in free fall ATM and with the Pens tomorrow it doesn’t get any easier

We just lost to the Devils AGAIN!
Very real danger of missing playoffs unless we turn things around quickly

Yay, first win in 5 games!
Pens have dropped 3 straight now.
Metro is really bunched up right now and we are set for a thrilling finish I think

Yay, first win in 5 games!
I love that the guy whose team is 3 wins and a game clear of the challenger for the second wild card spot is panicking whilst my team just lost to a 42 year old zamboni driver, survivor of a kidney transplant... WHO WORKS FOR THEM.

I love that the guy whose team is 3 wins and a game clear of the challenger for the second wild card spot is panicking whilst my team just lost to a 42 year old zamboni driver, survivor of a kidney transplant... WHO WORKS FOR THEM.
Best story line of the year.
when you pay the guy to keep for the other team, and make you lose. Champion.

Leafs up for a trade? :D

Best story line of the year.
when you pay the guy to keep for the other team, and make you lose. Champion.

Leafs up for a trade? :D
There was apparently the question whether the Leafs would be buyers this season. On the back of recent results, and the fact that even if we make the playoffs we'll get flattened by Boston or Tampa in the first round, there's no reason the Leafs should be buying into anything this year.

You'd have to imagine they look at selling of expiring assets like Barrie. Maybe even ask Muzzin if he wants to play somewhere else for 3 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was apparently the question whether the Leafs would be buyers this season. On the back of recent results, and the fact that even if we make the playoffs we'll get flattened by Boston or Tampa in the first round, there's no reason the Leafs should be buying into anything this year.

You'd have to imagine they look at selling of expiring assets like Barrie. Maybe even ask Muzzin if he wants to play somewhere else for 3 months.
The Colorado podcasts are saying the same things.
Saying TOR defence is just abysmal and if they don't fix it, they may aswell start selling assets.
I've heard we'd be keen on Nylander and Kapanen. Wouldn't say no.

I've heard we'd be keen on Nylander and Kapanen. Wouldn't say no.
Nylander won't be traded unless Dubas is fired. He's basically staked his job on building a team around Marner, Matthews, Nyalander, and Tavares.

I don't think Kappy will get traded at least until the off-season, and also pending Mikheyev re-signing. With Mikheyev and Johnsson injured, I think it put an end to the mooted 'winger for defender' trade. If he was traded it might be in a package for a D with term, but I think the smarter move might to wait until the off-season and try and pry someone like Parayko from the Blues who have projected ~$300k to re-sign Pietrangelo.

Kovy to Caps for a 3rd Great8.
Yeah, not a bad move as it’s fairly low risk for hopefully some high reward. Montreal will contribute half his salary so it’s only a $350k hit to us. Think he will slide into our 3rd line and push Panik or maybe Hagelin back into the 4th line who have struggled offensively since New Years. Kovy has the experience that he could be inserted into the top line from time to time if we are stuttering aswell. The biggest piece of our puzzle will be our goalie situation and we really need Holtby to get back near his best

Yeah, not a bad move as it’s fairly low risk for hopefully some high reward. Montreal will contribute half his salary so it’s only a $350k hit to us. Think he will slide into our 3rd line and push Panik or maybe Hagelin back into the 4th line who have struggled offensively since New Years. Kovy has the experience that he could be inserted into the top line from time to time if we are stuttering aswell. The biggest piece of our puzzle will be our goalie situation and we really need Holtby to get back near his best
As a Colorado fan, I like Holtby the way he is

Kind of sad to see Marleau leave the Sharks and go to that mob. Very good pickup by the Pens and for me I think that pushes them to favourites in the East.
Caps made one last move and sent Djoos to the Ducks for Daniel Sprong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back