2019-2020 NHL Season

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
We could have had 3rd overall... fu** you Doug Wilson.

Also they should have eliminated teams that took part in the playoffs. Funny how Ottawa went from 2 top 3 picks potentially to 3 and 5.

They are eliminating teams that take part in the playoffs.
The playoffs commence after the best of five qualifying round involving the 5th to 12th placed team in each conference.

May 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
You say they shouldn’t, they say they can.

They can do whatever they like, I reckon every team, every season, should be included in the lottery. The mock outrage potential would be fantastic for the league.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
To me...i dont understand why they didnt just run the standard format lottery after the qualifying playin rd was done and we knew who the 8 play in losers were and positions 8 to 15 had a team against each. Would have made it alot clearer if there was a team against that lottery ball

I understand they wanted some event in this hiatus period, but there was no benefit running the weird puzzle lottery now...with the main piece to be filled in in 5 weeks.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Return to play (as well as extended CBA) approved.

All things go for an Aug 1 puck drop to commence the qualifying round.

Obviously can all stop on a dime if an outbreak happens. But at least something to get excited for.

Probably smart they are doing it in Canada. If teams can keep cases minimal till July 26 when they get to thw hubs...gives it a chance.

Pivotal 2 weeks ahead.

It's a bold move no doubt. The colours and logo are quite nice and I will admit, I love the confidence that they have with the name.

I've spent a lot of time in Seattle and have friends there who are all so happy to have a hockey team back. Last game I got to go to was the Everett Silvertips v Seattle Thunderbirds. Crazy game, 2-1 score at start of the third period, final score was 7-5! Last period was insane.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I like the colours and don’t mind the name. Lots of marketing potential. No doubt there will be a krak-heads bay. I think I liked Sockeyes better though.
Sockeyes sounds a little weirder though. A lot more you can do with Kraken. An alternative I liked was Rain.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Not sure how many of you are in melbs at the moment...pretty ordinary month coming up.

Thank god hockey is back. Ill be adjusting my sleep schedule to it.
Lucky enough to live in the Republic of Marshall and you would hardly know there is a pandemic on here as it’s business as usual. Will still be trying to get as many games in as possible though

Sep 2, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Avs, Spurs, ManU, Raiders, BlueJays
Not sure how many of you are in melbs at the moment...pretty ordinary month coming up.

Thank god hockey is back. Ill be adjusting my sleep schedule to it.
Wanted to take holidays 6 months ago. skip ahead to today working all the while, I'd only just put in for 3-4 weeks off in Sept (Key Playoff games :thumbsu:)
Dunno how this'll affect me, but I don't think I'm going to like it either way. Almost too tired to really get into hockey atm. I hope that changes.

Back