Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what that means lol

A manufactured result, like Team A opening up a large lead at half time, then Team B storming back in the second half and the game ending in a draw and extra time/sudden death/shoot-out.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
A manufactured result, like Team A opening up a large lead at half time, then Team B storming back in the second half and the game ending in a draw and extra time/sudden death/shoot-out.

Ok cool. Would be special if it was a close finish. This will probably be the first SOO I actually remember watching as they haven’t had one in years and don’t remember any of the ones from the past.

Gates have just opened and I'm outside lined up for merchandise - damn good number here for the 5pm open time and to watch both matches

Any questions for Steve Hocking... He's currently sitting a few seats to my right

Ask him when will Geelong, and Tomahawk in particular, get a fair deal with the MRP.

Also ask him to schedule Richmond to travel down the highway every year for the melts. ;)

* yeah...

BREAKING: Just months out from the 2020 Tokyo Olympics the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has whacked Sun Yang with an eight-year ban. 😮

fu** yeah...

BREAKING: Just months out from the 2020 Tokyo Olympics the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has whacked Sun Yang with an eight-year ban. 😮

Justice at last! Mack Horton will be happy. :)

Justice at last! Mack Horton will be happy. :)

Wonder if that private school in Melbourne (can't remember which on sorry) will reverse their decision to backtrack on naming their pool after Horton because of his stance - surely they now stuck revert to the original decision of the Mack Horton Pool

After the All Stars got out to a 30 point lead while Danger was on the bench in the 3rd term, there's been a 45 point turnaround since he came back on. Coincidence? I think not.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Reckon we have over 2,000 Bats in our Gardens. They are wrecking all the beautiful old trees it’s a shame really and they’re extremely noisy. Is there a solution to this problem? Every year they come at this time then go away then back the next season. For some reason they’re increasing in numbers though. It use to be so nice to go for a drive or walk in there now the bats have taken over. The trees will get destroyed too. Let’s hope they can fix this problem sooner rather than later.

Wouldn't surprise me....

1582961541267.png

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
They were talking up Narkle last off-season...

What's the bet he has a breakout.

Narkle, Miers, Clark. Yes please.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Just for the record, where is the introduce yourself thread gone.?

Points up my observation of an 'old boys' club.

I was born in the Sou West district of Vic, grew up in Geelong & never considered supporting any other club.

Have now lived in QLD half my life, is it any surprise I barrack for Lions & Suns when we (Cats) aren't playing them.?

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Just for the record, where is the introduce yourself thread gone.?

Points up my observation of an 'old boys' club.

I was born in the Sou West district of Vic, grew up in Geelong & never considered supporting any other club.

Have now lived in QLD half my life, is it any surprise I barrack for Lions & Suns when we (Cats) aren't playing them.?
Dunno what happened to that. Fair enough with the QLD teams. Brissy has got a bit of a rough go IMO since they lost their extra salary cap and the Suns came.
Got forgotten about really.
I go for the dogs a bit when we're not playing them cause I used to go to their games as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back