Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok so had a bit of an issue last night at the hotel and my dinner- ill do it in dot point

- order the trout bisque like i did before cause i know how yummy it was
- gets delivered to my room, i sign for it
- I lift that stainless steel lid- only to feast my eyes on the fking tiniest fking piece of trout you will ever see. It also looked like i had less seafood- ie. prawns and mussels, um excuse me
- ring up the room service line, explain. He goes ill ring you back
- rings back- "nah its the main course serving" and then went on to say some bullshit about how the fish are different sizes "um no send someone up here now please"
Seriously, i could eat this fking piece of fish in 3 bites i am not kidding.
- guy comes up and we had another chat (i didnt get pissy, but i emphasized like the fish was more than double the size the other night"
- i send it back get something else.

Am i not in the right here? It looked like a 100% entree ffs, NOT a main.

That chef doesnt know what he's fking doing- portion control hello.

And the room service guy who came up reckoned there was 2 prawns on the plate. Er no- there was ONE fully shelled prawn and one not in its shell like some fking remnant of a prawn. And one mussel.

Fking tried to rip me off the mother fkers.

Like chuck some more mussels in it ffs what do that cost, like .10cents each. Jesus christ..
I remember some of my sister in law's family saying they went to the cafe in Mosman Park and got a burger and chips, got served up a plate with literally 4 chips on it. I mean why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember once my mother ordered a lemon chicken lunch pack from a Chinese restaurant. When she got home and opened it, it had the rice and lemon sauce, but no chicken....

Needless to say she wasn't impressed.

I went to lunch with a study mate earlier this year and knowing her budget was tighter than mine I let her pick the place - we ended up at muffin break

I ordered a quiche from the fridge and when they bought it out, it looked a little dry but I tried to eat some of it - when I cut into the middle of it I noticed there was no filling and it was just pastry with a cheese top and hollow in the middle.

I bought it to the attention of a staff member who asked a question along the lines "did you eat the filling and left the shell?...ummm, like seriously why would I bother to do that

They bought me a fresh one and it's like, "oh, so that's what it's meant to look and taste like"

The first one would have made a good hockey puck

I remember once my mother ordered a lemon chicken lunch pack from a Chinese restaurant. When she got home and opened it, it had the rice and lemon sauce, but no chicken....

Needless to say she wasn't impressed.

Yeah ordering thai (i was sick as a dog, but still hungry) got home and it was the WRONG fking order. Like ffs of all times..

IIRC thats the only time really a restaurant has fked up an order like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back