Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong could be blanketed in haze on Monday afternoon as smoke from the state’s east drifts to the region.
The Bureau of Meteorology predicts haze to develop in the late afternoon, with the conditions expected to last well into Tuesday.

EPA Victoria on Sunday afternoon issued a warning for “very poor” air quality conditions to be experienced on Monday — the same level reached last Friday.

Emergency Management Victoria issued a warning of smoky conditions for much of the state including Geelong and the central region.

“Everyone should minimise the time spent in smoky conditions whenever practical to do so,” the warning read.

“When the air quality is at hazardous levels due to smoke, everyone, especially those in sensitive groups should consider temporarily relocating outside the smoke-affected area until there is a sustained improvement in air quality.

“If this is not possible and there is no direct threat from bushfires, stay indoors and keep activity levels as low as possible.”

According to the Environment Protection Authority Geelong’s air quality was rated as “good” on Sunday night.

It was listed as “very poor” at its worst last Friday.

Noticed Celeste Barber's fundraiser on FB has now raised over $26 million.

Not only that, there's another couple of fundraisers which have raised a few amount of cash. One for WIRES has raised nearly $2 million, and another one for the CFA has just over $1.1 million. Reading through a few posts on these, and there's donations coming through from all over the world. :thumbsu:

Does anyone remember this song from the 90’s? T-Shirt - You Sexy Thing. Heard it on the radio tonight and hadn’t heard it for years! Can’t stop singing it now.

I believe in miracles, do ya, do ya, do ya, where you from, you sexy thing,
you sexy thing, you.

From "The Full Monty" soundtrack. Great movie :thumbsu:

Reported quite bad on the fwy between melbs and geelong. Needless to say im so ******* happy i drove home yesterday

Yeah, it's very hazy looking out over the Bay.

Did my good deed for the day this morning. Bought a bread roll for lunch for $1.90 from one of the bakeries in Moorabool Street. Handed the shop owner a $2 coin and she gave me $1.10 in change. I handed the $1 coin back to her. :)

DId someone say on here you can get preventative asthma meds without a prescription?

Cause ive run out of mine, and i dont really wanna sit around a doctors office to get another one..
Me said that

I know at Chemist Warehouse that if I want to get Ventolin I can ask for it and say it's for preventive measures and they'll get one off the shelf for me - I was actually told that by one of their staff when I had a script for it

She told me to only use a script if I had a concession/discount associated with it or if I wanted to wait for like 20 minutes

Not always people's favourite player and between the screeching, failed drug test etc, she does push some people's patience - but credit where credits due

And that's Novak she tagged in her tweet, so maybe we'll start to hear from other big names now

Ventolin has always been over the counter tho... for several years now.

Buy you can get it cheaper on script and they are careful with giving it over the counter as it has to be for preventive measures otherwise some chemists won't do it

Buy you can get it cheaper on script and they are careful with giving it over the counter as it has to be for preventive measures otherwise some chemists won't do it

Ive never had a chemist ask me what it was for, ever, they just hand it over.

And what is it, like $7 without a script? Am ok with paying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back